Slow car drivers . Benefit of the doubt

If you are behind a slow car allow for those skinny little "Get you home " spare tyres that they have put on after a wheel change.
The maximum speed is about 40 to 50 mph for those tyres.
With the red mist coming on , you wonder why the car is going so slow on a motorway.
Another one is heavy rain and their wiper blades are broken or worn out.
Then there long distance drivers that are tired and drop their speed without realising the chaos behind them.
People that have flown all night and have jet lag.
Somebody feeling ill or coming off a night shift.
I just knock off the cruise control, chill out.

This is another option :smiley:

toby1234abc:
If you are behind a slow car allow for those skinny little "Get you home " spare tyres that they have put on after a wheel change.
With the red mist coming on , you wonder why the car is going so slow on a motorway.
Then there long distance drivers that are tired and drop their speed without realising the chaos behind them.

No,they shouldn’t be driving if any of the above is happening/happened…apart from the spare wheel thingy.

We all see it on a daily basis a slow car driver, often I wonder why they can’t go that extra 10 - 20 mph so they aren’t in my way. Then I remember i’m a professional driver and give them some safe room and hang back and offer some protection from the other numpties on the road who will be up their chuff if I’m not there.

This will be a total alien concept to some but yes I do protect other motorists at times. Gotta love being paid by the hour and also the view from my high horse is exceptional…

I overtook an Aston Martin last night, this should not happen.

mjallby:
I overtook an Aston Martin last night, this should not happen.

I pass a Porsche most days quite easily :wink:

Ok it’s parked on his drive way but I still pass it :grimacing:

you have to remember that the average numpty in the street thinks that his/her speedo is accurate and therefore drives at 3 to 5 mph under the appropriate speed limit . the fault is with the law allowing a discrepancy on the negative side . having said that there are still those that drive slowly in their role as self appointed traffic cops .

30mph past a 50mph speed camera? slap the brakes on hard on D/C when a builders van is parked in a layby in case it’s a “safety partnership” camera van, oh and one for the London boys why do black cabs travel at 15 mph thru the Limehouse Link?answers on a post card pls! :laughing:

toby1234abc:

The one last night who was holding the entire M1 southbound up as they teetered through the cones at 35MPH was pure incompetence along with those who drop their speed 20MPH at night as soon as an oncoming vehicle comes into view.

There are a lot of car drivers who should park up in October and not go back on the road until March.

What gets me is the lunatics who happily sit behind them , unless everyone is driving round on space save tyres , the country is full of sheep

Car drivers also forget to push down the throttle when going up hill

ckm1981:

toby1234abc:

No,they shouldn’t be driving if any of the above is happening/happened…apart from the spare wheel thingy.

Can you tell me how somebody such as myself should get home if I cannot drive myself?

Conor:

toby1234abc:

The one last night who was holding the entire M1 southbound up as they teetered through the cones at 35MPH was pure incompetence along with those who drop their speed 20MPH at night as soon as an oncoming vehicle comes into view.

There are a lot of car drivers who should park up in October and not go back on the road until March.

Unless they put the rear fog lights on.
Is it compulsory for Rover drivers wearing a cap and driving gloves . . off to the garden centre.?

I have noticed that when approching a slow driver they are mostly using a phone, either texting or speaking as they normally press the brakes for no reason even when it is clear behind them.
Also the ones who sit behind you at 50, I don’t get it, just overtake.
I had a bit of fun once on the M58, not the most busiest motorway at times, this car was following me for ages, starting to annoy me,hardly any traffic around, so I started to ease off a bit so that he would overtake me, I slowed down to 40 ! before he overtook and accelerated off in the distance,he had nearly the length of the M58 to pass me before this. :confused:

toby1234abc:

Many years ago I was on accident recovery/breakdown work for an independent, got called out one morning to a private address, I new it was going to be a “fun” job due to the address (posh new Bovis development) and the car type (brand new BMW Z3)

Anyway, I arrived on site and the Suit came out and met me “I’ve got a flat tyre, can you repair it?” to which I replied “No, I can either put the spare on or take the wheel to a tyre fitters for them to repair/replace the tyre”

“Oh ok” he says “put the spare on and I’ll call into kwikfit before heading off to Bristol”, “OK” I say, “I’ll have the spare on in a jiffy and you can be on your way”, to which he replies “Oh I looked in the boot I don’t think this car carries a spare”, I said “well I’m not 100% sure (car had not long come out and it was my first attendance at one) but I’ll have a quick check around just to make sure, they can be quite clever where they hide the spare these days”

So anyway I found the spare (under the mat in the boot) and presented it to the customer who looked at it absolutely horrified, I mean you’d swear I’d just shown him a mutilated corpse! (Of course it was a space saver, His Z3 had like foot wide alloys on it)

He looked back up at me (eyes still bulging) and quietly said "There is absolutely no [zb]ing way you are putting that monstrosity onto my car… I’ll take the [zb]ing train! :laughing:

ckm1981:

toby1234abc:
or coming off a night shift.

■■■■ straight! I’ll be sure to tell my gaffer when I start nights soon that I expect him to get his hairy arse out of bed to drop me home every morning :wink:

Peaky Blinder:

that’s if the truck you are driving does more than 50. I have to drop the cruise control to 47/48…grrr

Often i’ve found that any car driving slowly is not going far (yes the hat wearing / hat on the rear parcel shelf driver is obviously going to be trouble, if you let them). They can be found doing 45mph on a DC or 49 on the M’way.
But the occupants are just folks wanting to get from A-B like the rest of us, if I can help them out I will but I certainley wont be up their chuff in the hope my large vehicle presence will make them increase speed.

Oh and why are all the trucks tailgating and giving it the bigun driven by very weedy looking blokes…

Reef:

toby1234abc:

Many years ago I was on accident recovery/breakdown work for an independent, got called out one morning to a private address, I new it was going to be a “fun” job due to the address (posh new Bovis development) and the car type (brand new BMW Z3)

Anyway, I arrived on site and the Suit came out and met me “I’ve got a flat tyre, can you repair it?” to which I replied “No, I can either put the spare on or take the wheel to a tyre fitters for them to repair/replace the tyre”

“Oh ok” he says “put the spare on and I’ll call into kwikfit before heading off to Bristol”, “OK” I say, “I’ll have the spare on in a jiffy and you can be on your way”, to which he replies “Oh I looked in the boot I don’t think this car carries a spare”, I said “well I’m not 100% sure (car had not long come out and it was my first attendance at one) but I’ll have a quick check around just to make sure, they can be quite clever where they hide the spare these days”

So anyway I found the spare (under the mat in the boot) and presented it to the customer who looked at it absolutely horrified, I mean you’d swear I’d just shown him a mutilated corpse! (Of course it was a space saver, His Z3 had like foot wide alloys on it)

He looked back up at me (eyes still bulging) and quietly said "There is absolutely no [zb]ing way you are putting that monstrosity onto my car… I’ll take the [zb]ing train! :laughing:

ckm1981:

toby1234abc:
or coming off a night shift.

■■■■ straight! I’ll be sure to tell my gaffer when I start nights soon that I expect him to get his hairy arse out of bed to drop me home every morning :wink:

Hahaha quality

K27:

Peaky Blinder:

that’s if the truck you are driving does more than 50. I have to drop the cruise control to 47/48…grrr

why on earth would someone behind you cause your anger? :confused:
if they are happy to be behind you, how does that cause you a problem?

ooops…I mis-read that as me being behind them :blush: