SK Merc V8's

Hub Reduction:
Hi Dave,Those Mercs were up there all the time in the old days,Nash Rocks, Dolyhir,Strinds & Gore.

Thought I had seen them around this area.
Cheers Dave.

they is a n reg 2544 still running out of leeds on boxes its the g cab any one got any picks its factory white

caldercruix123:
Cheers m8 one truck definitely worth saving as it has a bit of history being the first brand new mercedes richard lawson group purchased. I hope to show it at some local shows.

I think we may have had that one a Coventry for a short while, was it ever based in sheerness, I know I had a X Reg one for a month while my gearbox was being sorted and that had alloy wheels.

I think the alloys were put on when it was originally refurbished in 1996.But you may well be right i dont know where it was based.Can anyone help me get the original red pepita upholstery and curtains for my truck.

dozer:
The earliest I can remember seeing them on was a S-reg. so thats 1978. My old man drove G268MHH which was a 1735L 4x2 for David Hatswell (now FTS Hatswell) at deeside on bulk tipper work. It used to pull like a train for a 350, It used to come up the warren on the A55 southerly bypass (Broughton slip) loaded to 38 tonnes at 36 -37 mph. My 370 kerax can only manage 33 mph at 32 tonnes. :blush: Ive got pictures of it but dont know how to get them on here.
The difference between a v8 1735 and the v6 1834 (supposed to be 10 bhp difference) is more like a 100 bhp difference. the 35 used to eat the 34 on hills.

my old man used to work for dave . dont know if anyone can remember he wrote one of the eps mercs off [ ill find pictures] his name was neil clorley. the old bugger died in hatswells yard .

caldercruix123:
Here is my mercedes 1625 as seen previously.

looks like one of Morris Youngs ERFs behind it? shame they have went white now :frowning:

dozer:
This 1644 was taken at truckfest in 1988.

It’s really bugging me that I can’t identify the white unit in the background on the far left. I thought early DAF 85, but they weren’t around in '88, and neither were the ERF EC series, which I thought it might have been too.

Anybody?

It’s a 95 Daf, more specifically an FTG twin steer model.

ezydriver:

dozer:
This 1644 was taken at truckfest in 1988.

It’s really bugging me that I can’t identify the white unit in the background on the far left. I thought early DAF 85, but they weren’t around in '88, and neither were the ERF EC series, which I thought it might have been too.

Anybody?
It is a Daf 95, air intake on back of cab and i am sure that there used to be a 95-310 on a E plate in Servo Steel, had a tag axle on it

This one is interesting

newmercman:

This one is interesting

That is one quality job,first Merc with a bay window! Wack it on the South Wales Thread Mercman to see what Andrew Cooper thinks of it

It may give him some ideas for his new one lol

pete smith:
…It’s really bugging me that I can’t identify the white unit in the background on the far left. I thought early DAF 85, but they weren’t around in '88, and neither were the ERF EC series, which I thought it might have been too.

Anybody?
It is a Daf 95, air intake on back of cab and i am sure that there used to be a 95-310 on a E plate in Servo Steel, had a tag axle on it

It could be a very early DAF 95.310. I had one on an E plate (1987/88) for a while. Also, the slightly sloping roof. I would go for a DAF 95.310. Failing that, a MAN. Couldn’t tell you the model number (F90■■) but im sure they did one around then that had a smaller width, narrower cab, sitting slightly within the overall axle width, ( think Scania Streamline :wink: ) hence what looks like the small panel above the wheel arch.

This is being restored at the moment its a left ■■■■■■ 1948

Here’s a model of the lorry.

09.jpg

bullitt:

pete smith:
…It’s really bugging me that I can’t identify the white unit in the background on the far left. I thought early DAF 85, but they weren’t around in '88, and neither were the ERF EC series, which I thought it might have been too.

Anybody?

It could be a very early DAF 95.310. I had one on an E plate (1987/88) for a while. Also, the slightly sloping roof. I would go for a DAF 95.310. Failing that, a MAN. Couldn’t tell you the model number (F90■■) but im sure they did one around then that had a smaller width, narrower cab, sitting slightly within the overall axle width, ( think Scania Streamline :wink: ) hence what looks like the small panel above the wheel arch.

Sticking it on the line, Pegaso troner

berte1:

dozer:
The earliest I can remember seeing them on was a S-reg. so thats 1978. My old man drove G268MHH which was a 1735L 4x2 for David Hatswell (now FTS Hatswell) at deeside on bulk tipper work. It used to pull like a train for a 350, It used to come up the warren on the A55 southerly bypass (Broughton slip) loaded to 38 tonnes at 36 -37 mph. My 370 kerax can only manage 33 mph at 32 tonnes. :blush: Ive got pictures of it but dont know how to get them on here.
The difference between a v8 1735 and the v6 1834 (supposed to be 10 bhp difference) is more like a 100 bhp difference. the 35 used to eat the 34 on hills.

my old man used to work for dave . dont know if anyone can remember he wrote one of the eps mercs off [ ill find pictures] his name was neil clorley. the old bugger died in hatswells yard .

I remember my dad telling me about Neil passing away.
Wasn’t he walking to his wagon when he passed away?
I remember him having one of the H-reg Renault R310’s.

use a name:
This is being restored at the moment its a left ■■■■■■ 1948

Great too see a 48 being restored, keep us posted with progress and plenty of photos :smiley:

still working in Russia

Mark R:
Here you are driverjoe. One of Coullings Mercs, this one was parked outside the drivers house in Borden near Sittingbourne. Maybe your dad knew him.

Hello Mark, that’s a photo my grandad took of his lorry about 30 years ago now! Your right it was in Borden, the Road was the old Mount View before it got redeveloped. I scanned this photo up on to the internet about ten years ago now, glad it’s still floating about.

Was a 2028, and my grandads name is Arthur Chapman. Although I know Driverjoe and his father do indead know him.