Scania 140 / 141

and 141

Impressive rig!
Why did Scania never built them like this?

P5180053.jpg

P5180051.jpg

P5180050.jpg

P5180047.jpg

P5180045.jpg

Netherlands: LBS 140.

Andy’s Transport 141, UBW95X and the mini artic.

Just found this video of a 140 actually doing some work:
youtube.com/watch?v=CO3am5dkR3A

My uncles left ■■■■■■ 141

my dads 141

Looks like this one has just emerged from the restorer’s workshop:

youtube.com/watch?v=OFA80gdMDE4

Nice engine note, seemingly without open pipes, trumpets or other noise-increasers. I suspect the quality of the recording device plays an important part in the reproduction of engine noises- if the microphone does not “hear” it properly, no messing about with the bass control will make it right.

[zb]
anorak:
Looks like this one has just emerged from the restorer’s workshop:

youtube.com/watch?v=OFA80gdMDE4

Nice engine note, seemingly without open pipes, trumpets or other noise-increasers. I suspect the quality of the recording device plays an important part in the reproduction of engine noises- if the microphone does not “hear” it properly, no messing about with the bass control will make it right.

that’s a beaut! complete with roof rack and ladders :sunglasses:

Lovely!
Looks like some other rather nice stuff in that shed-looks like an LB76 there!
I’ve seen a 141 and a Transcontinental restored in the same colours aswell.is it a famous foreign livery or does this bloke own them all?

Edit-just Googled it-lewiszong transport-indeed they do own them all by the looks of it!!

That Facebook page yielded this video from, seemingly from the inside of the above 140:
facebook.com/Lewiszongtrans … 058984849/

I just looked at that Facebook page again. The Scania has been replaced by a Transcon. Never mind; I found this little gem:
youtube.com/watch?v=fm4HmLWuc7s&t=395s

Edit- sorted out the link. The video is about the development of the DS14 V8. It ends, seemingly for the fun of it, with a minute or so of (6 cyl!) LBS110 Scanias, trundling around the highways of Sweden, with a bit of very pleasant jazz backing music. The lorries make the contemporary cars look very old-fashioned.

Found this gem, Buzzer

Cousin Roger

Punchy Dan:
Cousin Roger

That’s one hell of a stack on the offside Dan :smiley: :open_mouth:

jshepguis:

Punchy Dan:
Cousin Roger

That’s one hell of a stack on the offside Dan :smiley: :open_mouth:

I have to say I’d not noticed until you said ,must be a lamp post :smiley:

He’d have had fun with that boarding the Eurotunnel train. :laughing:

Good job it’s a lamp-post then! Ro

What a tidy cracking outfit, Buzzer

That’s the same wagon as Page 1, pic 1- and yep, a cracking looking motor…

Cheers Keith

Buzzer:
What a tidy cracking outfit, Buzzer

Nice [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

This truck is used daily for shifting trailers around the yard and assembling roadtrains. Probably had it from new with a few million KMs on the clock now. Taken last week in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia.