Scania 140 / 141

Hey Eric,

that was really quick!
Do you know where i can find informations about the position of the fifth wheel, too?

Thanks!
Jörg

Unterflur:
Hey Eric,

that was really quick!
Do you know where i can find informations about the position of the fifth wheel, too?

Thanks!
Jörg

Hey Jörg, The fifth wheel depends from country to country maxi weight allowed on the Bogie.
You only need the minimum en maximum allowed distance for a 62 and normaly of a German sheets.
Have one but not sure if mentioned in those days??, will look soon.
And not too much forward, because by pulling old trailers the and of the chassis can hit the landing legs.
Here as the 6
2 was used trailers often were changed to pull them ( king pin ) sitting, legs backwards.
Not much sold, only if trailers were still new and too expensive to buy new soon.

Eric,

Hi Jörg! So you are doing it :smiley: looking forward to see it!

Danne

Unterflur:
Hey Eric,

that was really quick!

Thanks!
Jörg

Hey Jörg, here I have some more a technical sheet which shows the fifth wheel position.
It’s a Belgian fiche, so the total weight of the truck solo is 23.5t artic 38t and drawbar 40t.
But as I wrote it depends from country to country.

Eric,

waiting for the santa,cheers benkku

Guys
Just looked through the 38 pages so I hope I didn,t miss it but someone posted on here a short video of a 141 (I think ) that they were going to restore. So I,ll put some general info First it was parked in Warrington (Longshaw St ) at the side of some shops. Not sure about this but I think it had a home made hi roof, and again think someone on the post said it may have been used for Greece bring shoe,s back . Anyone got any photos or info on it was it completed or scrap rust to bad

Boatchaser:
Guys
Just looked through the 38 pages so I hope I didn,t miss it but someone posted on here a short video of a 141 (I think ) that they were going to restore. So I,ll put some general info First it was parked in Warrington (Longshaw St ) at the side of some shops. Not sure about this but I think it had a home made hi roof, and again think someone on the post said it may have been used for Greece bring shoe,s back . Anyone got any photos or info on it was it completed or scrap rust to bad

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=43883&start=0

Anorak thanks for that, so can anyone shine some light on the subject, did it get completed or is it still like the video in the thread

Boatchaser:
Anorak thanks for that, so can anyone shine some light on the subject, did it get completed or is it still like the video in the thread

Hi Boys
I will see my brother over Christmas and will give you an update

regards Keith

Whent to se my mate last week. They still use this one,not mutch in the winter but they use it. Last year it went as far as Istanbul :smiley:

Danne

image.jpg

image.jpg

Seven month without any post… :question:

This one is rusting near Montpellier, France in September 2015.

3400km in 3 days with Scania 141 - Roundtrip from Cobbenrode-Germany to Lloret de Mar-Spain (11).JPG

Hey Scania LBS, here some if you like them.

Engine for the first time opened after something more as 2.500.000 km because of leaking cilinderheads, water and oil
( rotten rubbers rings ) 7 liners looked still very good and 6 pistons useable. But because of having still a lot
of new parts, completely rebuilt, bearings, piston rings, pistons, liners, 2 valves and 3 vlave spring rotatation discs
Of course the sump was taken off 2 times before for new bearings, a weak point of this engines.
And so had no wearings in the crankshaft, and useable without grinding again.
To keep our engines for a long time in service. We put in after about 8/900.000km and 1.7/800.000 km
new bearings for the crankline and connecting rods.

Eric,

Hi Eric,

you know your job i guess!
My motor has clocked up around 960.000km yet, but i don’t really know if there is a “1” missing before this number…
But it runs well, cylinder-heads look dry, temperature is nailed to 80°, and oil-pressure seems ok (for this motor).
Hope there will be no need for a engine-overhaul in the closer future.

Cheers,
Jörg

dessert driver:

Boatchaser:

Hi Boys

regards Keith

Keith
Any news about that 141 that was in Warrington and your brother was putting new life into her

Thanks

Scania141LBS:
Hi Eric,

you know your job i guess!
My motor has clocked up around 960.000km yet, but i don’t really know if there is a “1” missing before this number…
But it runs well, cylinder-heads look dry, temperature is nailed to 80°, and oil-pressure seems ok (for this motor).
Hope there will be no need for a engine-overhaul in the closer future.

Cheers,
Jörg

Hey, nice in 6x2 now, still as an 141, and the 140 model ■■?
If the engine is dry and has no or litlle underpressure, I would drive it and not open it.
Only weak point with this engines was the bearings (as I wrote before), but if oil pressure is good, and be sure they never screwed at the pressure valve it will be ok.
If oilpressure is to high it has to be checked, because some screw the overpressure valve and do not take of
the oilsump to check bearings.
Bearings is not a big job, easy to change one by one, even the crackshaft.

Eric,

Boatchaser:

dessert driver:

Boatchaser:

Hi Boys

regards Keith

Keith
Any news about that 141 that was in Warrington and your brother was putting new life into her

Thanks

Hi Boys
sorry I forgot to get back to you
He has rebuilt a doner cab and mounted it on the chassis but there is still a lot of work to do.
He has had another project on the go. As part of his day job he does off road winch recovery. winching stuck diggers out and that sort of thing. He has a couple of old tractors that he has used for some time but recently has built a winch truck based on an old Russan Kraz. It looks like something out of mad max. I’m going there on Sunday and will take my camera and will post a few photos

Regards Keith

Hi Boys
managed to get some photos today
not much progress on the 141

the 2 tractors he uses the first one he has fitted a ■■■■■■■ V8. Don’t laugh at the E27N it still rescues the odd digger.

This Is what he has been working on lately

regards Keith

sorry I don’t seem to get these photos to resize
Do my photos look big in this, daren’t ask the wife

regards Keith

Sorted some Keith, don’t know if I got them all.
Cheers Dave.