Scammell Routeman

:sunglasses: Another Trunker pic

:sunglasses: And Another, Ex Shell maybe?? Reg- TAN 553M

Bewick:

Stanfield:

Now thats a shot of a proper Scammell Routeman in my book the later ones were mainly Leyland with the Albion double drive axles.Just my opinion.Cheers Bewick.

Aye Dennis they were a proper motor, I only drove the Handyman artic unit But it was good in fact very good, Plus it was a good kipping cab when there was no digs available,with the seats being them same level as the bonnet, Plus my roll of foam for comfort Eh, The days when driving long distance was enjoyable, Not like it is to-day, Its all crap & more crap I still miss it of course, But Im too bloody old now anyway so I will just savour the flavours of Wine & Whisky & think about the good times I had as a driver of proper wagons like you & thousands mores from an era that’s gone forever sadly to say,Regards Larry

the pic of websters of wirksworth powder tank was of me 3o years ago it was my first tanker job for tom webster good old days was just 22 then bin on tankers now for 32 years good to sea this old pic thanks for posting it brought back happy times :smiley:

scamm73:
A Few more Tipper Pics :sunglasses:

Looks like the top of Chunnel hill out of Glossop ?

spot on dan , the tea van must be hiding behind him .

Dvsa there yesterday ,and Monday and Thursday in Buxton ,I was a guest with them on Thursday as my regular tip off man failed me ,all good though !

wirksworth rod:
the pic of websters of wirksworth powder tank was of me 3o years ago it was my first tanker job for tom webster good old days was just 22 then bin on tankers now for 32 years good to sea this old pic thanks for posting it brought back happy times :smiley:

We had a few ex Websters lads at Ballidon Rod, I remember those Scammell’s coming in to load. All seems a long time ago now! :blush:

Pete.

still in ballidon now with lomas thay ad all the deivers when seafields went under before that i was with ak transport 14 years alot beter now with the new plant top loading on a bridge

Remember thinking that that cab was something beautiful. Then, when my Comet was being repaired in Hudson’s of Milnthorpe - bet anyone over 65 has been in there - I got the opportunity to climb into one. Wow, but not in a good sense! Incredibly basic and no insulation at all! Maybe good engine & drive train, but no driver comfort.

What a let down!

John

wirksworth rod:
still in ballidon now with lomas thay ad all the deivers when seafields went under before that i was with ak transport 14 years alot beter now with the new plant top loading on a bridge

Yes young Gilly was my neighbour but he is on ‘the milk’ now with SJ Bargh as he was fed up with nights away. Got to Mot his car on monday for him! What engines did Websters Scammell’s have in, I am guessing Leyland 680’s? They were probably lighter overall than Tilcons Foden tanks with Gardner 180’s?

Pete.

very basic john , i drove an 8 wheel scammed for a local quarry . 680 leyland , scammel gate change box and it pulled like a train , 90% of the work being over the cat and fiddle . the noise level was absolutely horrendous and any heat generated went out through the roof . luckily i was paid 14 hrs for 2 trips to wincham , so half my day was spent in grace’s cafe in macclesfield . cheers , dave

Dan Punchard:

scamm73:
A Few more Tipper Pics :sunglasses:

Looks like the top of Chunnel hill out of Glossop ?

Yep, Ged White from Castleton is behind the wheel. Drove for John Bradley for years moving on to a Y reg Constructor. Sadly died a few years ago.

HARGREAVES ROUTEMAN :sunglasses:

J.J CONTRACTORS ROUTEMAN TIPPER :sunglasses:

A couple more GILBRAITH pics :sunglasses:

NORMAN ROAD HAULAGE, From SE London :sunglasses: ( Bro, check this out normanroad.co.uk/about ) :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

imagesW1URUYXU.jpg

Nice photo of Norman Road Haulage tippers. As an ex tipper driver myself I always still look out for a nice traditional tipper fleet. NRH are one of those that I see quite a lot, and when I was doing some magazine work were one of the local hauliers we were thinking of approaching to do an article. Another nice fleet of tippers belong to Mark Luck from Swanley.

Mark R:
Nice photo of Norman Road Haulage tippers. As an ex tipper driver myself I always still look out for a nice traditional tipper fleet. NRH are one of those that I see quite a lot, and when I was doing some magazine work were one of the local hauliers we were thinking of approaching to do an article. Another nice fleet of tippers belong to Mark Luck from Swanley.

Yeah I must agree, they have got a great fleet.markluckltd.co.uk/gallery/our-fleet- :sunglasses:

POINTER ROUTEMAN :sunglasses: