Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Yes, undoubtedly, its grille makes Pic 3 a Büssing, with an interesting cab made buy a coachbuilder.

Froggy55:
Yes, undoubtedly, its grille makes Pic 3 a Büssing, with an interesting cab made buy a coachbuilder.

The Kloster artic? The cab certainly is interesting- it occupies as much space as the body!

What about the Delahaye being polished by its new owner? The cab on that looks familiar- did Somua use similar cabs? I remember seeing pics of camions with a large protruding nose, beneath windscreens like that. What make were they?

Interesting question I often asked to myself, and there’s the poortunity to check, thanks to you, ZB Anorak!

Somua JL 17 on top picture; Delahaye 163 below. In fact, they look very similar by their style, but are different!

The driver of this Bernard 6 RA (c. 1960) refrigerated truck was maybe having a siesta in his bunk, or perhaps a coffee in a nearby bar, when the top of a house collapsed.

Froggy55:
The driver of this Bernard 6 RA (c. 1960) refrigerated truck was maybe having a siesta in his bunk, or perhaps a coffee in a nearby bar, when the top of a house collapsed.

Holy moly!!! Talkin’ about a rude awakening! :open_mouth:

This probably started life as a military Berliet?

Yes, certainly a GBU/TBU, but its doors, side panels and bumper with 4 headlamps seem to come from a Renault Series G truck. Initially powered by a 15 litre 240 bhp Berliet six cylinder diesel.

Berliet TBU 1485 ZS 14.JPGHere’s the standard army model

Camion-citerne Renault type ZFD 130 cv 18 tonnes – 1935

Camion tracteur Renault type TTD 130 cv 20 tonnes – 1935

More of the same can be found here - Histoire des camions Renault de 1900 à 1945. Troisième partie, par Claude Moins | Le site de Louis Renault

Camion type MC sur berge du Rhône (1933)

More pictures can be found here: Luc Court - Constructeur Lyonnais - Fondation Berliet

On ebay this Delahaye-leaflet and new for me the GFA-organisation also reprensenting Lafly

Delahaye-163-PIC.jpg

Last picture is a Luc Court MC truck, a manufacturer based in Lyon. I’m afraid the website about Renault trucks got messed up with some models and engines, but the pictures are beautiful! The big pre-WW II Renault trucks were fitted with air-operated power steering.

Froggy55:
Last picture is a Luc Court MC truck, a manufacturer based in Lyon. I’m afraid the website about Renault trucks got messed up with some models and engines, but the pictures are beautiful! The big pre-WW II Renault trucks were fitted with air-operated power steering.

Thanks for clarifying this Froggy55.

Froggy55:
Yes, certainly a GBU/TBU, but its doors, side panels and bumper with 4 headlamps seem to come from a Renault Series G truck. Initially powered by a 15 litre 240 bhp Berliet six cylinder diesel.

0Here’s the standard army model

Cheers Paul, already thought it looked familiar, but the doors did caused a bit of confusion.
There was one like the one you’ve posted for sale at a handler in Tienen some years ago, stood there for quite some time, but it did got sold in the end I reckon… wonder where it went to.

jsutherland:
Camion-citerne Renault type ZFD 130 cv 18 tonnes – 1935

Camion tracteur Renault type TTD 130 cv 20 tonnes – 1935

More of the same can be found here - Histoire des camions Renault de 1900 à 1945. Troisième partie, par Claude Moins | Le site de Louis Renault

Nice contribution Herr Sutherland, vielen dank :wink:

During my recent trip to Uganda I saw quite a number of containers being transported like this. I could not see any retention, maybe they are not deemed necessary.

Froggy55:
Interesting question I often asked to myself, and there’s the poortunity to check, thanks to you, ZB Anorak!
Somua JL 17 on top picture; Delahaye 163 below. In fact, they look very similar by their style, but are different!

Intriguing stuff F55. Which make was it that had the protruding snout, with similar windscreens? The vehicles I’m thinking about date from the 1940s/early '50s.

When I was a boy, I could remember every detail. Now, none of those details are memorable. :open_mouth:

Now, I’ve found this very concise history of Mack in France:
bigmacktrucks.com/topic/310 … -bernards/

If you scroll about 2/3 down the page, there is a bonnetted tractor pulling a trailer with Reggane painted on it. I believe that is a Pelpel cab, although I expect to be corrected. :laughing: More interesting is the tractor below that:

post-5381-0-62307100-1367976080.jpg
This tractor appears to use the forward-control version of the same cab, making it look a bit like a Willeme, circa 1970. I don’t like it- I think Wileme used a much better-looking version of that cab. Then again, I think the Motor Panels French Mack looks good, so we’ll agree to differ!

pv83:

Froggy55:

0Here’s the standard army model

Cheers Paul, already thought it looked familiar, but the doors did caused a bit of confusion.
There was one like the one you’ve posted for sale at a handler in Tienen some years ago, stood there for quite some time, but it did got sold in the end I reckon… wonder where it went to.

A reasonable price for such a truck in working order (not restored though) would be 3000€. They’re very heavy to handle, and very greedy too!

[zb]
anorak:

Froggy55:

Intriguing stuff F55. Which make was it that had the protruding snout, with similar windscreens? The vehicles I’m thinking about date from the 1940s/early '50s.

When I was a boy, I could remember every detail. Now, none of those details are memorable. :open_mouth:

With a round-shaped cab and protruding nose? Two features which usually do not go together, unless perhaps it was a Bernard with a special cab manufactured by Alquier or Frappa such as this one?