New book.

I have just taken a few minutes off reading a new book I bought this week that I am finding difficult to put down.
It’s called,“The Pioneers of Heavy Haulage”,and is the story of Wynn’s heavy transport.
I reccomend it!

You should be writing a book, not reading one :laughing:

i have got this too its superb i have some spares if anyone interested pm please

I have read it Ian and I scanned a Picture out of it on the Guy 8 Patricroft smoker thread of the bonneted 6x4 . I knew a few of their drivers in the 60s and 70s as I worked for their main competitor at the time. I was amazed at how they had been in financial trouble because of death duty’s compelling the sale of the firm.
Cheers Johnnie

sammyopisite:
I have read it Ian and I scanned a Picture out of it on the Guy 8 Patricroft smoker thread of the bonneted 6x4 . I knew a few of their drivers in the 60s and 70s as I worked for their main competitor at the time. I was amazed at how they had been in financial trouble because of death duty’s compelling the sale of the firm.
Cheers Johnnie

The old death duties tax was a killer to family firms if they hadn’t took steps previously to take account of them,the (zb) taxman wanted his percentage,in cash,within a certain time frame so it forced a lot of family firms to sell up,and not always for the best price!!! Your employer wasn’t troubled with the same problems Johnnie as it was them that got the Brass from the death duties to buy more Scammells and Crane frame trailers!!! Cheers Dennis.