Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

The Wikipedia page is very informative. Sisu’s collaboration with Renault commenced in 1997, one year after the introduction of the Premium cab. They switched partners to Mercedes in 2010.

I still think the 8 wheeler might be a Sisu. I have a feeling the two firms were investigating possible collaboration well before 1997. I do not have any hard evidence- yet. :laughing:

A fresh beer brought by a Berliet GLM 12 !

michel:
Berliet TLM 15 with a Cottard cab.

Something tells me it belonged to Transports Guiltat, of Corvol l’Orgueilleux, at an hour’s drive from my home.

At that time, their fleet consisted of Berliet trucks, including this unique TAK 250, initially a TAK 8, and fitted with a 12 litre 6-cylinder of 250 bhp by the Guiltat garage staff! It was recently for sale, but several mechanical parts were blocked (engine, clutch and/or brakes). Don’t know what’s happened to it.

This Renault was probably the inspirator of the Magnum, with its flat-floored cab.

[zb]
anorak:
The Wikipedia page is very informative. Sisu’s collaboration with Renault commenced in 1997, one year after the introduction of the Premium cab. They switched partners to Mercedes in 2010.

I still think the 8 wheeler might be a Sisu. I have a feeling the two firms were investigating possible collaboration well before 1997. I do not have any hard evidence- yet. :laughing:

Come on then, use your investigating skills mate :smiley:

Froggy55:
This Renault was probably the inspirator of the Magnum, with its flat-floored cab.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pv83:
This looks like a proper heavy haulage tractor unit, however… I can’t remember seeing one like this before, so was it a in-house conversion, or did it left the Renault works like that?

I hadn’t spotted this picture, and will try to know more about it, even if I’d say it only has a Renault cab.

Heavy Mack in France.

pv83:

[zb]
anorak:

Come on then, use your investigating skills mate :smiley:

Out of the office at the moment, but have a feeling that Renault might have been thinking about the market for heavy haulage tractors with axle weight limited by legislation, which gave rise to all of those 4 axle tractors from the 1990s onward. A vague memory tells me that they decided, like others, to use Sisu axles for that purpose. Will attack the Commercial Motor archives in due course…

In 1936, this Gardner-powered Latil was part of the staff of the Tour de France, probably carrying the competitors belongings.

Some unusual motors…over to you European experts…

3136267200_2_2_NDhe16Fr.png

big-7641104deb.jpg

B/W photos… old tankers

Everyday Artics from the 70.'s / 80’s…

Mixed x lorry and trailers

Old Brits abroad, not surprised at the Bedfords, they were popular in Europe

Fergie47:

First one is a Diamond T I believe?

Pete.

windrush:

Fergie47:

First one is a Diamond T I believe?

Pete.

Interesting batch you’ve posted Senior, cheers :wink:

Now about that first one… isn’t that a International? I might be wrong as usual…

Never seen this one before, it’s a Higwayman with local built cab?

scamme10.jpg

These lot had quite some history dating back to the 1930s, used to roam all over Europe and beyond (Middle East was a regular destination), somewhere in the 80s they were big in aircargo, having a contract running for KLM, (they had a vast fleet of short cabbed sleeping pod drawbar units) went bankrupt though in the mid-or late 90s. Made a comeback some years ago but only seem to run with EE subbies…

3143048578_1_2_XaqzMo9Z.jpg

Some examples of the drawbar units they had in the fleet… wouldn’t fancy getting behind the wheel of one of those…(nmp)

images.jpeg.jpg

vanswieten10.jpg

cd2d492acf8ce7075570dd5b561afa38.jpg

3512bba20d346ea2757ebcff219661e2.jpg

vanswieten8.jpg