Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Froggy55:
Just found this one on a French forum. The radiator grille and cast iron front hubs could make it an Lancia. I’d say the picture was taken during WW II, and this RHD truck is powered by a gas generator.

Any more of those perchance Paul? Good find though, cheers! :wink:

jsutherland:
Another Bernard from a few years ago…

That’s Senior’s favourite cab Johnny, you really like to please him don’t you :laughing:

jsutherland:

pete smith:

pv83:
Just read an article about the Volvo F86, and not the F86 we all know, but the Portuguese version of the F88/89 (see attached photos, NMP). Who knows more about it?

Some more from the Bombeiros fleet Patrick, even a V8 for Johnny!
Seems a lot of overhang on that stepframe Patrick, need to put your trailer brakes on when loading that!

Cheers Pete!

No problem Johnny, sorry it has not got a frigo behind!

pv83:

jsutherland:

That’s Senior’s favourite cab Johnny, you really like to please him don’t you :laughing:

Patrcik,
You should take a leaf out of Johnny’s book and look after your “gaffer” as well!

pete smith:

pv83:

jsutherland:

That’s Senior’s favourite cab Johnny, you really like to please him don’t you [emoji38]

Patrcik,
You should take a leaf out of Johnny’s book and look after your “gaffer” as well!

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

A vintage truck show in northern Italy including the starting (minute 4) of a 1908 truck with a chainsaw. Around minute 7, one can see a Fiat very similar to the old army truck I posted a few days ago, saying it could be a Lancia.
youtube.com/watch?v=Iulxy8z8G8o

A Somua JL 19 V fitted a Cottard cab very similar to the one of the Willème photographed by J. Sutherland at La Locomotion in June.

Berliet.

Click on pages twice.

Froggy55:
A Somua JL 19 V fitted a Cottard cab very similar to the one of the Willème photographed by J. Sutherland at La Locomotion in June.

Nice one Monsieurs Froggy55

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

I think late Martin Phippard had planned to issue a book concerning the manufacturers of these beautiful French cabs of the 1950s: Cottard, Terzion, Frappa. We had several private exchanges on the subject, but he left us much too soon.

An other one built by Cretinon which was in a town close to Grenoble, on a Berliet TLM 15.

I had never seen this one before! It strangely looks like a Cottard cab. Thanks!

This looks like a proper heavy haulage tractor unit, however… I can’t remember seeing one like this before, so was it a in-house conversion, or did it left the Renault works like that?

12351366454_a958c4a285_z.jpg

How about this one, looks a bit wider than usual…

Some French and Belgium registered Leyland’s (nmp)

Hi PV83
I have a feeling that the turquoise 4axle unit is one of the Sisu trial vehicles built by RVI to go to Finland. As you can see, it has no badges on it, to allow it to be sold/marketed under the Sisu brand

Regards
Ed

Berliet TLM 15 with a Cottard cab.

michel:

I hope it is being preserved. It would make an extremely desirable vehicle.

Regarding the odd Renaults above:

I tbink the wider one was an oilfield tractor. God knows why it was tarted up as a Yankee West Coast motor. It dates from the era of the R310/360, looking at the details of the cab.

The 8x4 dates from the era of the R365 Major. When did Renault take over Sisu? PS it has had a rubbish respray, so that might explain the lack of badges.

[zb]
anorak:

michel:

I hope it is being preserved. It would make an extremely desirable vehicle.

Regarding the odd Renaults above:

I tbink the wider one was an oilfield tractor. God knows why it was tarted up as a Yankee West Coast motor. It dates from the era of the R310/360, looking at the details of the cab.

The 8x4 dates from the era of the R365 Major. When did Renault take over Sisu? PS it has had a rubbish respray, so that might explain the lack of badges.

EDTRUCK:
Hi PV83
I have a feeling that the turquoise 4axle unit is one of the Sisu trial vehicles built by RVI to go to Finland. As you can see, it has no badges on it, to allow it to be sold/marketed under the Sisu brand

Regards
Ed

Cheers for the info lads, however, I was under the impression that Sisu was still “independent”? They used Renault cabs for some time, but they seem to have a contract with MB nowaydays?