Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

You’re right, Michel! Sorry for my mistake, I was misled by the fact it was in an Eastern Europe country.

Another Bernard.

jsutherland:
Another Bernard.

At first glance, the header above the side door looks like a spear through the beast’s head. For a second, I thought, “No, surely they cannot have been that callous.”

Super photos mes amis- keep them coming, and the discussions going.

Odds, with a few heavies to keep the Whippersnapper happy… :unamused:

Mix of old black and white

Where’s the fork lift

Nostalgic pic…La poste from 1930

Fergie47:

Nice one Dave.

jsutherland:

Fergie47:

Nice one Dave.

How are you Johnnie ?.. I see the nipper has got new wheels…lots of gee- gee’s not sure if he can handle it, they were kind to him thought, no manual box… :unamused: …pics coming soon I hope when he gets a decent load behind it…sunny and around 13 degs here, colder in Germany ? First ride out on the bike tomorrow, if I can remember how. …Got loads of pics backed up, so have to start posting a few… :wink:

Fergie47:

jsutherland:

Fergie47:

Nice one Dave.

How are you Johnnie ?.. I see the nipper has got new wheels…lots of gee- gee’s not sure if he can handle it, they were kind to him thought, no manual box… :unamused: …pics coming soon I hope when he gets a decent load behind it…sunny and around 13 degs here, colder in Germany ? First ride out on the bike tomorrow, if I can remember how. …Got loads of pics backed up, so have to start posting a few… :wink:

Am doing okay thanks Dave. It is only -3 C this morning. Still chilly on the bike, bicycle that is. I assume your writing about the motorbike [emoji16][emoji16]
Cheers
Johnny

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Fergie47:
Mix of old black and white

Very tasty French classics indeed! I wouldn’t volunteer for a trip down to Casablanca with Bedel’s truck!

Some real golden oldies…first three are gaz powered.

Nostalgic pic…Moving day perhaps ?

These old trains, use to run on narrow gauge rails, we have an old track at the bottom of our lane that went from Concarneau to Morlaix
The one I’m having trouble starting is powered by a Renauly 4 cyl petrol from the 1930’s…the engine being in the centre underneath the passenger seats. :unamused:

Friend sent me these pic’s…F12 and F89, he lives near Rennes, so there somewhere in that area…Apart from the bling exhaust stack on the 89, which I think spoils the overall appearance, they’re both nice motors

Fergie47:
Some real golden oldies…first three are gaz powered.

Pics 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 & 10 are Renault. Pic 3 is a Berliet VDCAG and Pic 7 a Panhard. The first two pictures remain mysteries to me! First truck look made of bits & pieces, and the 2 buses with a gaz-generator on a single-wheeled trailor could be German.

Fergie47:
These old trains, use to run on narrow gauge rails, we have an old track at the bottom of our lane that went from Concarneau to Morlaix
The one I’m having trouble starting is powered by a Renauly 4 cyl petrol from the 1930’s…the engine being in the centre underneath the passenger seats. :unamused:

Must we understand that there’s a “chemin de fer touristique” where you live?

Froggy55:

Fergie47:

Must we understand that there’s a “chemin de fer touristique” where you live?

Indeed Paul…closed in 1956, it’s a now cycle /walking route… Liz and I cycled parts to it on a regular basis, but have not yet done the whole journey, we managed to get up about half way, but will eventually do it…

Thanks for the info on the old lorries…

Fergie47:
Nostalgic pic…Moving day perhaps ?

Great your internet connection is working again! We benefit from these great pictures. Thanks for posting them Dave.

Cheers
Johnny

Fergie47:

I remember being dragged to that museum in the pouring rain… someone was sure it was opened… :unamused:

Took some pictures of the engine, I’ll have a look in the archives… if I’m not mistaken there’s one with a grumpy looking train driver as well…