Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Fergie47:
Friend sent me these pic’s…F12 and F89, he lives near Rennes, so there somewhere in that area…Apart from the bling exhaust stack on the 89, which I think spoils the overall appearance, they’re both nice motors

Can I have the F12 please :stuck_out_tongue:

Fergie47:
Odds, with a few heavies to keep the Whippersnapper happy… :unamused:

YES!!! Thank you Senior :wink:

pv83:

NO…its got a manual box. … :smiling_imp:

Fergie47:

pv83:

NO…its got a manual box. … :smiling_imp:

(makes “friendly” gesture with two fingers involved)…

Men and their motors.

Nice old pics.

Gotta go, Fergie needs starting up and checking over

As most of you on here are of respectable age and might be therefore not all that mobile anymore, I’ve taken the task upon me to travel to Paris and attend the RetroMobile fair to see what’s what… and I must say, I wasn’t disappointed! Lot’s of beautiful woman… and there were cars too! :wink:

20190209_110810.jpg

I’ll post the rest later lads if you don’t mind :wink:

Rigid or artic?

Froggy55:
0Rigid or artic?

Artic! With rear steering axle! Quite the invention back in those days I reckon.

Thanks! How were the rear axles steered? A kind of bar coupled to the trucks end?

Froggy55:
Thanks! How were the rear axles steered? A kind of bar coupled to the trucks end?

Paul. …think its called Ackerman steering, not sure if I’ve got the spelling right…someone with more experience on the older heavies, like Chris, if he reads this will tell you…a long bar attached to the rear of the unit, back to a linked rear bogie…

Fergie47:

Froggy55:

Paul. …think its called Ackerman steering, not sure if I’ve got the spelling right…someone with more experience on the older heavies, like Chris, if he reads this will tell you…a long bar attached to the rear of the unit, back to a linked rear bogie…

Wasn’t the rear bogie cable steered? Older Nooteboom trailers had that system before the hydraulics were introduced.

pv83:
Wasn’t the rear bogie cable steered? Older Nooteboom trailers had that system before the hydraulics were introduced.

Possibly, variations on a theme…others more experienced will tell I’m sure

Down the scrap yard.

Assortment of black and white

Heavies