Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Fergie47:
Four wheelers and vans, old every day bread and butter motors that kept the towns and villages supplied.

Cheers Senior! Second pic, looks like a DKW…?

Fergie47:
Unusual wagon, unusual load…

Old colleague of mine used to drive that wagon, at first he wasn’t all that chuffed about it, but in the end he didn’t want to swap anymore!

pv83:

Fergie47:
Four wheelers and vans, old every day bread and butter motors that kept the towns and villages supplied.

You could be right…possibly a two stroke…

pv83:

Fergie47:

Old colleague of mine used to drive that wagon, at first he wasn’t all that chuffed about it, but in the end he didn’t want to swap anymore!

What a coincidence, that was some time ago, that’s a motor of the '80’s I think…

Swap a Pegaso 8 wheeler Patrick? I bet your colleague did not want to swap. He’ll of a motor. I drove one in Spain.

David

Fergie47:

pv83:

Fergie47:

You could be right…possibly a two stroke…

pv83:

Fergie47:

What a coincidence, that was some time ago, that’s a motor of the '80’s I think…

What a coincidence indeed! Small world and all eh… :wink:
Haven’t spoken to him for a wee while now, reckon he’d retired in '08, one of his last trips was with me, we’ve loaded some machinery in Luxembourg destinated for the Czech Republic. True remarkable character he was, always had a burning cigar in his mouth… Not to mention the volume of his voice… :wink:

David Miller:
Swap a Pegaso 8 wheeler Patrick? I bet your colleague did not want to swap. He’ll of a motor. I drove one in Spain.

David

He didn’t David, he was given a DAF 2800 afterwards but hated it…

David Miller:

David

Best-looking of the early-1970s lorries, alongside Scania and Berliet, IMO.

a62lt.jpg

And I believe that you are dead fight.

Some had Fuller boxes but most had a 12 speed range change of Pegaso’s own. The Range Change was activated by twisting the round plastic knob on the top of the gear stick. It must have seemed like a good idea to the designers but as it wore it became very easy to move and since you naturally make a twisting movement with your hand whilst changing gear it became very easy to find yourself changing range when you really did not want to.

The Spanish drivers had a name for it but I have already been told off for swearing in foreign - so i won’t!

David

A trip down to the graveyards.

Old working scenes

3227002155_1_2_pgRf1meq.png

Snow scenes

So, Whippersnapper moaned and whined about his auto box, but as he works for such a good company they relented, and gave him a manual…lucky boy…and to prove it, that’s my bike in the foreground, doing the ■■■■■■ for him…mind you, he’s still whinging…something about the heater not working and the draught…bloody nippers, just cant get on with the job…
:unamused:

Old nostalgic pic…second hand tyres sales…remember trying to run your car on the cheap, going down the scrappy to buy old tyres with a few miles left in them, because you couldn’t afford remoulds let alone new… :blush:

Fergie47:
Old nostalgic pic…second hand tyres sales…remember trying to run your car on the cheap, going down the scrappy to buy old tyres with a few miles left in them, because you couldn’t afford remoulds let alone new… :blush:

Hi Dave,
Nothing wrong with a couple of " Kojak weather slicks" !

pete smith:

Fergie47:

Hi Dave,

I’ll second that!! Certainly kept one alert [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jsutherland:

pete smith:

Fergie47:

Hi Dave,

Pete and John. …

I remember being out with a mate in his old Morris minor van when a rear tyre blew out, he got the spare out which was completely bald, I said he couldn’t put it on as it was dangerous , to which he replied “wait till you see the one that’s coming off”…wire and canvas, not a shred of rubber…phew

Fergie47:
Old working scenes

From most angles, and in most liveries and chassis configurations, the Berliet is a smart-looking motor. Sometimes, when all three are “right”, it is as elegant as a lorry can be.

[zb]
anorak:

Fergie47:
Old working scenes

From most angles, and in most liveries and chassis configurations, the Berliet is a smart-looking motor. Sometimes, when all three are “right”, it is as elegant as a lorry can be.

You’re right…The Transcontinental, same cab, but with the extra extention always made it look top heavy…There are a lot of trucks look just right (especially with the right trailer) the relax cab Berliet with a forty foot tilt being just one of them…I feel a theme coming on…trucks that look right. . :wink:

Fergie47:

[zb]
anorak:

Fergie47:
Old working scenes

You’re right…The Transcontinental, same cab, but with the extra extention always made it look top heavy…There are a lot of trucks look just right (especially with the right trailer) the relax cab Berliet with a forty foot tilt being just one of them…I feel a theme coming on…trucks that look right. . :wink:

The third member of the triumverate I mentioned earlier:

Fergie47:

jsutherland:

pete smith:

Fergie47:

Hi Dave,

Pete and John. …

I remember being out with a mate in his old Morris minor van when a rear tyre blew out, he got the spare out which was completely bald, I said he couldn’t put it on as it was dangerous , to which he replied “wait till you see the one that’s coming off”…wire and canvas, not a shred of rubber…phew

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]