Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Staying on the Scanny theme for a wee bit longer…

20171202_121031.jpg

Just read an article about a scrap yard situated in La Calmette (30) which has to close it’s shop like… who knows more about it? Fergie, Froggy, Michel, I’m counting on you lads being the French connection :wink:

Stumbled upon this one, never saw such a cab before with a panoramic roof…

Another one with a unusual cab…

pv83:

John West:
From what I remember, reading the papers at the time, most Swedish cars were left hand drive, so changing over was a logical step. I can’t remember whether Swedish lorries were LHD or RHD. IIRC there were no accidents at all on the day of changeover.

John.

jsutherland:

David Miller:
No because only cars, not trucks, we’re allowed to drive for the first couple of days and, if I remember, everything was restricted to a maximum 20 km per hour. After that trucks could move but everything was controlled with speed limits for quite a while.

David

Quite a radical change. Must have felt strange for a while.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Once read that when that rule came into force, every car on the road switched to the right side at the same hour… must have been quite a sight to behold? Maybe Swedish Danne knows a bit more about it?

The change-over was in about 1969. I was in the 6th form and my maths teacher at school was married to a Swede and he had left to take up a post with the Swedish govt to help them with the change-over. You have to remember that Sweden is huge and was sparsely populated; and that traffic was very light indeed. Robert

Came across these this week, anyone want to take a guess what the white F10/12 was all about…?

pv83:
Just read an article about a scrap yard situated in La Calmette (30) which has to close it’s shop like… who knows more about it? Fergie, Froggy, Michel, I’m counting on you lads being the French connection :wink:

Having subscribed to “Charge-Utile” from the very first issue in 1994, and being a friend of JF Colombet, I of course went through that report. I remember passing by La Calmette some 15 years ago, driving on the N 106 Alès-Nîmes. One could effectively guess dozens of wrecks behind a metal fence. Certainly one if not the very last of these big scrapyards in France. Lorin’s graveyard near Montargis was first moved in 1990, then cleared away whe the A 19 was built some 10 years ago.

pv83:

This one is definitely a DAF, but what about the one on your previous post? DAF or Scania?

pv83:
Came across these this week, anyone want to take a guess what the white F10/12 was all about..?

Dunno, but who ever built it wants taking outside, put against a wall and shot…cruelty to a Volvo and F10 / 12

Compared to the that poor Volvo, this is a beauty…if it was still around today and I had a choice of a brand new VOLVODAFMERCRENSCAN modern soulless junk…or this…no contest…

pv83:

Please somebody save that F12, doesn’t look to be beyond help from the photo.

Froggy55:

pv83:

This one is definitely a DAF, but what about the one on your previous post? DAF or Scania?

All scanny’s Paul, pic’s were featured in an article about Beers, de Dutch agency for Scanny…

Fergie47:

pv83:
Came across these this week, anyone want to take a guess what the white F10/12 was all about..?

Dunno, but who ever built it wants taking outside, put against a wall and shot…cruelty to a Volvo and F10 / 12

Totally agree with you Senior!

pv83:

Froggy55:

pv83:

All scanny’s Paul, pic’s were featured in an article about Beers, de Dutch agency for Scanny…

Well, the cab of the Ideal Standard one looks very similar to a DAF cab of the '60s! Maybe built by the same manufacturer?

Froggy55:

pv83:

The drawbar outfit was investigated elsewhere on the forum. It is a Kromhout, if my memory is working correctly (unlikely!).

I’m more interested in the previous post- the LV85 and that wierd semi-forward control mixer. Where did the pics come from? Was there any text accompanying them?

White stuff in the UK…time for a couple of snow pics then… :unamused:

3667499480_27e9f93a07_z.jpg

Four wheelers and vans, old every day bread and butter motors that kept the towns and villages supplied.

9061b30c912237904616710188f39aeb--cv-.jpg

Unusual wagon, unusual load…

[zb]
anorak:

Froggy55:

pv83:

The drawbar outfit was investigated elsewhere on the forum. It is a Kromhout, if my memory is working correctly (unlikely!).

I’m more interested in the previous post- the LV85 and that wierd semi-forward control mixer. Where did the pics come from? Was there any text accompanying them?

Haven’t got any more info then that’s all been built on behalf of Beers, the Dutch Scania agency.