Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

[zb]
anorak:

David Miller:
Swap a Pegaso 8 wheeler Patrick? I bet your colleague did not want to swap. He’ll of a motor. I drove one in Spain.

David

Best-looking of the early-1970s lorries, alongside Scania and Berliet, IMO.

Fergie47:

[zb]
anorak:

Fergie47:
Old working scenes

From most angles, and in most liveries and chassis configurations, the Berliet is a smart-looking motor. Sometimes, when all three are “right”, it is as elegant as a lorry can be.

You’re right…The Transcontinental, same cab, but with the extra extention always made it look top heavy…There are a lot of trucks look just right (especially with the right trailer) the relax cab Berliet with a forty foot tilt being just one of them…I feel a theme coming on…trucks that look right. . :wink:

Smart looking motors (trucks Senior?), Scammell Crusader anyone…? :wink:

Fergie47:

jsutherland:

pete smith:

Fergie47:
Old nostalgic pic…second hand tyres sales…remember trying to run your car on the cheap, going down the scrappy to buy old tyres with a few miles left in them, because you couldn’t afford remoulds let alone new… :blush:

Hi Dave,
Nothing wrong with a couple of " Kojak weather slicks" !

I’ll second that!! Certainly kept one alert [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pete and John. …

I remember being out with a mate in his old Morris minor van when a rear tyre blew out, he got the spare out which was completely bald, I said he couldn’t put it on as it was dangerous , to which he replied “wait till you see the one that’s coming off”…wire and canvas, not a shred of rubber…phew

Oh come on Senior, bit of living on the edge that is! :laughing: :laughing:

Fergie47:
So, Whippersnapper moaned and whined about his auto box, but as he works for such a good company they relented, and gave him a manual…lucky boy…and to prove it, that’s my bike in the foreground, doing the ■■■■■■ for him…mind you, he’s still whinging…something about the heater not working and the draught…bloody nippers, just cant get on with the job…
:unamused:

This is all I’ve got to say Senior…

pv83:

Fergie47:
So, Whippersnapper moaned and whined about his auto box, but as he works for such a good company they relented, and gave him a manual…lucky boy…and to prove it, that’s my bike in the foreground, doing the ■■■■■■ for him…mind you, he’s still whinging…something about the heater not working and the draught…bloody nippers, just cant get on with the job…

That explains a few things about you [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

jsutherland:

pv83:

Fergie47:

That explains a few things about you [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Cheers Johnny, can use the sympathy… hang on though… there’s more to come… :open_mouth: and on that bombshell… :laughing:

Spotted these in the past few weeks… still earning their keep…

20171205_131900.jpg

20171205_131829.jpg

20171209_091844.jpg

20171209_091857.jpg

20171209_091645.jpg

20171209_091628.jpg

20171209_150358.jpg

20171209_150424.jpg

pv83:

Fergie47:

I remember that, that’s the day we tried to sell you, someone gave us £3.50 …they kept the trolley and brought you back, been trying to get rid of you ever since… :unamused:

Your loving father
Senior

Fergie47:

pv83:

Fergie47:

I remember that, that’s the day we tried to sell you, someone gave us £3.50 …they kept the trolley and brought you back, been trying to get rid of you ever since… :unamused:

Your loving father
Senior

Wonder what Mum2 has got to say about all this Senior… doesn’t really matter though, the above comment made me laugh that long and hard that the neighbours started to complain… :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Your loving son,

Whippersnaps

Remember this day then Senior? You (wearing clogs…) trying to teach me how to drive that bike of yours… needless to say I’ve never went near a bike after that day…

Been going through the family photo album, this is you Senior trying to teach your other son how to drive a wagon…

21077251_709936379201221_960533765170939025_n.jpg

This is from the time I drove for Fergie Ltd. Was given a proper motor, a day cabbed Pegaso (with a normal 'box) but since the trips lasted longer and longer I complained to the guv that he either bought a sleeper cab or I was out… Grumpy as the man is, he growled “■■■■■■■ whippersnappers, you’re not used to owt, just ■■■■■■■ crack on with the job…oh well, I’ll sort things out for ya”… So after a night of fiddling about in the shed, this is what he came up with… :open_mouth: :unamused:

Right, on to some more serious matters…

I’ve been using the Shell fuel card for quite some time now, but I’ve never seen or met Myrina… did anyone else on here had the pleasure of meeting the lass? :laughing:

Theme…lorries that are well balanced and look right…especially those whose trailers suit the wagon, The Magnum for instance looks good with that trailer, but wouldn’t with a low-loader…what do think ?

Hard work that heavy haulage stuff is…

Fergie giving directions… :unamused:

22450015_10210457044888073_2566571975604704971_n.jpg

Fergie47:
Theme…lorries that are well balanced and look right…especially those whose trailers suit the wagon, The Magnum for instance looks good with that trailer, but wouldn’t with a low-loader…what do you think ?

I would choose these two Senior…

pv83:
Wonder what Mum2 has got to say about all this Senior…

Your loving son,
Whippersnaps

Dunno…but she was the one that wanted to sell you in the fist place…

pv83:
Remember this day then Senior? You (wearing clogs…) trying to teach me how to drive that bike of yours… needless to say I’ve never went near a bike after that day…

First…you don’t drive a bike, you ride it
Second…don’t mistake my kindness, teaching you to ride… for teaching you to ride, hoping you’d you’d clear off long enough for us to move house…

Here you are Whips…I taught you at at such an early age how to master a manual box , and you still can’t