Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Well, the “old hands” once said “if you can drive and reverse a wag ‘n’ drag properly that’s the day you may call yourself a lorry driver”…

Don’t reckon todays “steering wheel attendents” would be able to reverse a artic properly let alone a wag ‘n’ drag… :unamused:

Some old French bonnets…

Old pic…Same street, different era…

Old French country scene…

Fergie47:
Some old French bonnets…

Nice ones Senior :wink: what make is that little red one in the second pic from the bottom?

pv83:

Fergie47:
Some old French bonnets…

Nice ones Senior :wink: what make is that little red one in the second pic from the bottom?

Loheac…look them up…a haulier who designed and made his own lorries…John Saviem knew him quite well…somewhere in the 200 odd pages he did a big write up on him…

Never seen a Berliet bonnet opening this way before! I’ll enquire to know more…

Fergie47:

The old one is much nicer! So much for progress

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Froggy55:
Never seen a Berliet bonnet opening this way before! I’ll enquire to know more…

Hey Froggy,

This Berliet is own by Bequet tankerhaulage, they are a bit as Loheac, built for years there own cabs on Saviem chassis.
Later bought Berliets but put the weight down by using polyester bonnets and some other lightweight parts.

Eric,

Fergie47:

Hi David,

Hope you and the lovely Liz are well,when I saw this photo it reminded me of one I saw years ago of some old (and young Patrick ! ) trucknet lads enjoying some refreshment.

Keep these old pics coming.

Regards
Richard

thumbnail_20170610_213334 (2).jpg

Different Continent.

Very smart wagon with a Detroit. Though it did not sound like any Detroit I remember.

David

WP_20171114_12_15_36_Moment (2).jpg

MaggieD:

Fergie47:

Hi David,

Hope you and the lovely Liz are well,when I saw this photo it reminded me of one I saw years ago of some old (and young Patrick ! ) trucknet lads enjoying some refreshment.

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard… we’re good thanks, and you two too I hope !
Some of us look better in black and white !!!, That was a good night especially the taxi ride back to the hotel…

Kisses to Angie…firm handshake to you… :wink:

Dave…

MaggieD:

Fergie47:

Hi David,

Regards
Richard

Finally someone who’s talking sense :wink: Cheers Richard, hope you and your loved ones are well.

Fergie47:

pv83:

Fergie47:
Some old French bonnets…

Loheac…look them up…a haulier who designed and made his own lorries…John Saviem knew him quite well…somewhere in the 200 odd pages he did a big write up on him…

Remember John writing about Loheac, didn’t recognised it as being a Loheac though… must have been sleeping during class… :blush:
Are the three pictured below Loheac’s as well?

13265933_674512686021547_6514916843984915754_n.jpg

13254272_674512729354876_6589066403632900706_n.jpg

1507753_10202280421264284_1315627459_n.jpg

Couple of ■■■■■■■ fridges for Monsieur Sutherland…

Don’t reckon those little Ford’s were much out and about in France?

Although not in b/w, this just might be the nostalgic pic of the week…?