Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Fergie back in business… :unamused:

David Miller:
Different Continent.

Very smart wagon with a Detroit. Though it did not sound like any Detroit I remember.

David

Certainly not a two stroke then eh :laughing:

pv83:
Couple of [zb] fridges for Monsieur Sutherland…

Merci Monsieur Versteeg.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tiptop495:

Froggy55:
Never seen a Berliet bonnet opening this way before! I’ll enquire to know more…

Hey Froggy,

This Berliet is own by Bequet tankerhaulage, they are a bit as Loheac, built for years there own cabs on Saviem chassis.
Later bought Berliets but put the weight down by using polyester bonnets and some other lightweight parts.

Eric,

Thanks! I had meanwhile got the information on my usual French forum. The transformation on the Saviem JM of your picture must have been very extensive, for this truck was initially a forward cab!

They also built strange all-aluminium prototypes on Bernard chassis such as this one. The entrance was through the roof, using a ladder!

pv83:

Fergie47:

pv83:

Fergie47:
Some old French bonnets…

Nice ones Senior :wink: what make is that little red one in the second pic from the bottom?

Loheac…look them up…a haulier who designed and made his own lorries…John Saviem knew him quite well…somewhere in the 200 odd pages he did a big write up on him…

Remember John writing about Loheac, didn’t recognised it as being a Loheac though… must have been sleeping during class… :blush:
Are the three pictured below Loheac’s as well?

Certainly Loheac for the yellow & blue one, but I would rather say Miesse (a Belgian truck make) for the B&W Belgian one, ore possibly a local adaptation based on an ex-WW II IH or Marmon truck.

Hey Froggy,

Indeed the Belgian is a ex WW II Inter, Kenworth or Marmon, have never seen the Marmon here but lot’s were in France. We had 4 Internationals.
Miesse develloped a compleet nieuw truck on the base of the M425/426 Army design, with Gardners.
A restaured one in Belgium with GM 6.71 of a Chermann tank, which were by lots used here for trucks trams and so on.

Eric,.

Hey, even converted as cabover, which drove till end the '70’s, at a time that too slow lorries, which couldn 't do at least 70kph, were taken of motorways by police.

Eric,

tiptop495:
Hey Froggy,

Indeed the Belgian is a ex WW II Inter, Kenworth or Marmon, have never seen the Marmon here but lot’s were in France. We had 4 Internationals.
Miesse develloped a compleet nieuw truck on the base of the M425/426 Army design, with Gardners.
A restaured one in Belgium with GM 6.71 of a Chermann tank, which were by lots used here for trucks trams and so on.

Eric,.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=114139&start=90

A quick search brought me to this link :wink:

Stumbled upon these… rebuild Pacific’s fitted with either a MAN or Mercedes engine…?

pv83:

tiptop495:
Hey Froggy,

Eric,.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=114139&start=90

A quick search brought me to this link :wink:

Thanks for the link! I had forgotten there was a Miesse thread. Indeed, most people forget Belgium had a few truck manufacturers, with many interesting trucks: Miesse, Brossel, Minerva, Denonville, FN and maybe some others…

Nostalgic pic…

Fergie47:
Nostalgic pic…

Nice one

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Or, again in France, an elderly Pacific re-cabbed with one of ERF’s Motor Panels 7MW (or possibly an 8MW) cabs by the heavy haulage company, Loste (Lille). Actually, Loste had two 4x2 ERF NGCs with standard 7MW cabs so it’s quite possible that the cab of one of these ended up on this Pacific. It ended up with another company in Lille, called Sitca, as shown in the pic below. Robert

newerfb.PNG

ERF-NGC-European:
Or, again in France, an elderly Pacific re-cabbed with one of ERF’s Motor Panels 7MW (or possibly an 8MW) cabs by the heavy haulage company, Loste (Lille). Actually, Loste had two 4x2 ERF NGCs with standard 7MW cabs so it’s quite possible that the cab of one of these ended up on this Pacific. It ended up with another company in Lille, called Sitca, as shown in the pic below. Robert

Does look good as a ballast tractor doesn’t it?
Where did this one eventually ended up then?

ERF-NGC-European:

Strange that a cab dating from the 1980s could have been fitted on such an old truck as a Pacific! It could only have been taken on the ERF after its withdrawal from service. I’m 62 and have no recollection of seeing a Pacific on the road, excepted maybe when I was a chikd.

Froggy55:

ERF-NGC-European:

Strange that a cab dating from the 1980s could have been fitted on such an old truck as a Pacific! It could only have been taken on the ERF after its withdrawal from service. I’m 62 and have no recollection of seeing a Pacific on the road, excepted maybe when I was a chikd.

The cab dates from the early '70s and is a tweeked design from the mid-'60s (Motor Panels of Coventry); but you’re right, the Pacific would have been much older and like I said, the cab must have come from one of their existing pair of ERFs (unless, of course, it was a ‘loose’ cab shipped out from UK - two were known to have gone to Belgium :wink: ). Cheers, Robert

Well, I must confess this cab looked modern for its time, and its fits perfectly the Pacific chassis!

Some European 8 wheelers.

pv83:

Fergie47:
Some old French bonnets…

Nice ones Senior :wink: what make is that little red one in the second pic from the bottom?

Whippersnapper…Some more of Mr Loheac’s specials, with the man himself in the first pic…

Breakdowns…old style