Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Proper article Dean about John, cracking read that was :wink:
Cheers for posting mate!

pv83:
I’ve been working quite hard indeed Dean, thank you very much :wink:
Been helping some dodgy character who lives in Brittany and tries to run Fergie Ltd. I’ll include a picture of what he reckons is a modern wagon :unamused:

Your last picture is a Renault GC 191, in fact a Berliet GC 190 fitted with a “Club des Quatre” cab. It belongs to RVI’s first range in 1980 with vehicles brought by the two partners (Berliet and Saviem) before they merged. The cab was jointly manufactured in France (Blainville factory) for Berliet, Saviem, Iveco-Magirus and Volvo. I think DAF used it too, but not so sure. The engine was a 8.82 litre 6-cylinder developing 192 bhp.

Froggy55:

pv83:
I’ve been working quite hard indeed Dean, thank you very much :wink:
Been helping some dodgy character who lives in Brittany and tries to run Fergie Ltd. I’ll include a picture of what he reckons is a modern wagon :unamused:

Your last picture is a Renault GC 191, in fact a Berliet GC 190 fitted with a “Club des Quatre” cab. It belongs to RVI’s first range in 1980 with vehicles brought by the two partners (Berliet and Saviem) before they merged. The cab was jointly manufactured in France (Blainville factory) for Berliet, Saviem, Iveco-Magirus and Volvo. I think DAF used it too, but not so sure. The engine was a 8.82 litre 6-cylinder developing 192 bhp.

Cheers Paul, reckoned the cab was a Berliet design from the start… DAF did use the same cab as well, not sure if the same engine was used though…
Speeding forward in time, for some years the above mentioned manufacturers choose to work again on a similar vehicle, thus leading in the development of the DAF LF, Volvo FL and Renault… not sure which name they gave it…

Another lorry of the infamous Fergie Ltd…

Dean. Thanks for putting Saviems magazine article on. Great read. I found myself reading it as if it was one of his many entertaining posts.
Sadly, taken way to soon but never forgotten.

Regards Paul

pv83:

An S 130 with the narrowest cab of the 1980 range.

Froggy55:

pv83:

An S 130 with the narrowest cab of the 1980 range.

Cheers Paul :wink:

There are still a lot of those “out and about”, must be one of the most reliable lorries they’d build…?

Hi All,
It has been a year since John passed away, sorely missed by us all for his writing skills and the vast knowledge of this industry, I shall raise a glass of Bollinger tonight…and I’m a lager lout!! R.I.P John “Saviem” Goodreid.

Part of me still can’t believe it Pete… I’m still hoping he’s coming back on here, apologising for whatever reason it was that held him up… and starts another “lesson” about the industry…

One of the other things I really miss are his famous last words which he ended every lesson with, “I’m off for a large Bollinger, cheerio for now”…

So I’ll raise me glass of…er… apple juice as well to the great man, may he rest in peace!

pv83:
Part of me still can’t believe it Pete… I’m still hoping he’s coming back on here, apologising for whatever reason it was that held him up… and starts another “lesson” about the industry…

One of the other things I really miss are his famous last words which he ended every lesson with, “I’m off for a large Bollinger, cheerio for now”…

So I’ll raise me glass of…er… apple juice as well to the great man, may he rest in peace!

Get a shot of vodka in that apple juice Patrick!

pete smith:

pv83:

No can do Pete, as a… hick… tea totaller, I’m afraid just the one drop of… hick… alcohol will affect my… burp… abilities to give further serious comments… hick, burp… to this fine thread… burp…
This is PV83 out, 10-4… :wink:

pv83:

pete smith:

pv83:

No can do Pete, as a… hick… tea totaller, I’m afraid just the one drop of… hick… alcohol will affect my… burp… abilities to give further serious comments… hick, burp… to this fine thread… burp…

Morning Patrick,
You need to let your hair down now again mate…ok, it is my turn to get my coat!

pete smith:
Hi All,
It has been a year since John passed away, sorely missed by us all for his writing skills and the vast knowledge of this industry, I shall raise a glass of Bollinger tonight…and I’m a lager lout!! R.I.P John “Saviem” Goodreid.

Agree with you Pete. He certainly was one of a kind.
RIP Saviem

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pete smith:

pv83:

pete smith:

pv83:

Morning Patrick,
You need to let your hair down now again mate…ok, it is my turn to get my coat!

Do pubic hairs count as well? :unamused: :laughing:

Pubic hair always counts Patrick especially if discovered in a place where it should not be!

Today I am going to post something completely off topic just to cheer us up.

Its a blue painted concrete Cow with a brown woolly hat that lives on the end of the breakwater in the Latvian port of Ventspil. No, I have absolutely no idea what it is doing there.

DSC_1823.jpg

David

David Miller:
Pubic hair always counts Patrick especially if discovered in a place where it should not be!

Its a blue painted concrete Cow with a brown woolly hat that lives on the end of the breakwater in the Latvian port of Ventspil. No, I have absolutely no idea what it is doing there.

David

[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

jsutherland:

pete smith:
Hi All,

Agree with you Pete. He certainly was one of a kind.
RIP Saviem

Couldn’t agree more

David Miller:

David

Ah cheers David, I did find it once between me teeth after a pleasant night out with a lass…er… right, I’ll get me coat… :blush: :blush:

About that cow, for a minute I thought I was watching a new episode of Monty Python :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fergie doing the pre-inspection in the morning… :unamused:

254_J7DUYEB55QGV1502634786.jpg

pv83:
Fergie doing the pre-inspection in the morning… :unamused:

Excellent. Very creative and resourceful.