Sadists with dogs

We had to put our previous dog to sleep, kidney failure and when the vet said she’s gone this tough ole merchant seaman sobbed like a baby !!

raymundo:
We had to put our previous dog to sleep, kidney failure and when the vet said she’s gone this tough ole merchant seaman sobbed like a baby !!

Lovely dog Raymundo, my border collie died of the same thing, Xmas eve afternoon '99. There’s something about border collies, you know they are just waiting patiently for us humans to catch up on the IQ scale.

Years ago when I was doing the dog runs, I picked up an American bulldog from a rather unsalubrious looking house at Bolton to take to rescue in Birmingham, reason being that they had a new baby. Out came this bloke that you’d be likely to cross the road to avoid at night, clutching Clydes toys, his favourite blanket and a full two sides of A on what Clyde did and didn’t like and he sobbed. Dog was terrific as well, lovely nature and didn’t stay long in rescue.

commonrail:
I can’t have another…yet,judders

She was another rescue dog btw.

Just my opinion as someone that has had anywhere between two - three dogs at one time, I really do believe it’s easier when one goes and you still have another dog around - a dog free house feels empty.

Oh Raymundo she was a lovely looking dog, and i bet the cat still misses her too.