Dangerous dogs - itv 9pm

2 parts. Its taking "a graphic look at the dramatic rise in the number of dog attacks in the UK, and asks if the root cause of the problem is irresponsible owners". Anyone whos perused my “this keeps happening” thread will be aware of my interest in this subject. Hopefully, it will raise awareness of this growing problem.

Watched it & I can’t post my opinion due to board censorship…one word will do for now, scumbags!

I did watch it, there were some upsetting scenes (I love dogs). I didn’t think the council dog woman was much good though, shouting and screaming when she couldn’t get that big dog locked up for a week.

I didn’t see it, but imho the problem lies with the owners who either don’t know or don’t care what they are doing .

Very upsetting to watch,surely there was a better way to get that ackita out of the house instead of shouting and screaming then draggin it along the floor i thought it was dead at one bit ,turn out to be a great dog in the end,i think she should have took them pups ot that bloke who was off is rocker being sick in the sink,he was not on this planet :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

seth 70:
Very upsetting to watch,surely there was a better way to get that ackita out of the house instead of shouting and screaming then draggin it along the floor i thought it was dead at one bit ,turn out to be a great dog in the end,i think she should have took them pups ot that bloke who was off is rocker being sick in the sink,he was not on this planet :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Agreed. She was hopeless.

What a collection of slime these people are. I was absolutely gobsmacked at the near instant turnaround in the behaviour of the dogs featured, once they were shown the love and care that they deserve.

I feel more than ever now that dog ownership is not something that should be unregulated. The wilful neglect and cruelty of those poor animals angered and sickened me, and very forcefully illustrated that they were reacting to their ill treatment in the only way that nature had given them.

Any one of those dogs is worth more than a thousand of the brain dead trash that is creating this social problem. I certainly know who would be on the receiving end of an injection if I had my way.

I watched it and I think these people should get more than a fine they should be jeiled for a less two years that akita most of been in that house for weeks and that girl was useless she was too scared of the dogs

irish lorries:
I watched it and I think these people should get more than a fine they should be jeiled for at less two years that akita most of been in that house for weeks and that girl was useless she was too scared of the dogs

bazza123:

seth 70:

Agreed. She was hopeless.

I also was upset at the way she removed the Ackita and to see how it turned out it was a big softy with a lovely nature. She is not cut out for the job she is doing.
Eddie.

erfguy:
I also was upset at the way she removed the Ackita and to see how it turned out it was a big softy with a lovely nature. She is not cut out for the job she is doing.
Eddie.

She had been bitten previously & it had obviously affected her, she was terrified. The already nervous dog would have picked up on this… add the loud shrieking & clumsily “attacking” him with a noose & it’s no surprise he acted like he did.
She made a difficult situation far worse & she needs to look at whether she’s in the right job.

When getting a dog is as easy as getting a tin of beans something is very wrong & when you think that the stuff shown (& worse) is going on in every town/city in the country it’s mind blowing that nobody can come up with a solution.

Every dog attack comes with the sensationalist media headlines (usually with a picture of a snarling “beast”) & the general public react in the same way… ban these dangerous dogs!

Dogs are not born dangerous but can easily be made so by cruelty & neglect, at least this program is trying to show that it’s not the dogs but the ignorant, braindead, uncaring scum who are responsible for 99% of the problem!

Melchett:

erfguy:
Eddie.

She had been bitten previously & it had obviously affected her, she was terrified. The already nervous dog would have picked up on this… add the loud shrieking & clumsily “attacking” him with a noose & it’s no surprise he acted like he did.
She made a difficult situation far worse & she needs to look at whether she’s in the right job.

When getting a dog is as easy as getting a tin of beans something is very wrong & when you think that the stuff shown (& worse) is going on in every town/city in the country it’s mind blowing that nobody can come up with a solution.

Every dog attack comes with the sensationalist media headlines (usually with a picture of a snarling “beast”) & the general public react in the same way… ban these dangerous dogs!

Dogs are not born dangerous but can easily be made so by cruelty & neglect, at least this program is trying to show that it’s not the dogs but the ignorant, braindead, uncaring scum who are responsible for 99% of the problem!

For right it’s not the dogs it’s the owners

Did anybody what louie feroux in la :question: :question:

seth 70:
Did anybody what louie feroux in la :question: :question:

watch :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Melchett:

erfguy:
Eddie.

Totally agree well said.

Did any body watch it tonite ,its done me,heart breaking telly :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Yes they had to put that pitbull down :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Some of the “people” featured on last nights programme were as inbred as the poor, blameless pups crawling all over them. They clearly had very real and quite severe mental health deficiencies, whilst others simply had zero intelligence and no respect whatsoever for anyone or anything. Current legislation is singularly failing to approach the problem with these realities in mind. As Melchett has previously pointed out, if a few rudimentary measurements of a "suspect" dog fall within prescribed parameters, the dogs fate is as good as sealed. The innocent dog is put down, and the guilty owner picks up from where they left off, free to carry on regardless, thus perpetuating the problem.

Carefully thought out legislation is the only realistic barrier to this ongoing circus. Sadly, this subject seems to be firmly placed in the “lip service” category, and I cant see it being moved up and onto anyones political agenda in the foreseeable future.

If the staffy pups didnt die of neglect ,they would have got lung cancer ,that house must have been like a old taproom,the homeless pitbull was one of the happiest dogs i have ever seen ,2mins later it was being put to sleep,gutted :cry:

seth 70:
If the staffy pups didnt die of neglect ,they would have got lung cancer ,that house must have been like a old taproom,the homeless pitbull was one of the happiest dogs i have ever seen ,2mins later it was being put to sleep,gutted :cry:

pitbulls are not bad dogs as long as you look after it and can handle it