S A Y transport brailsford derby

Missed out on this one

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
All photos taken by Dennis the Highspeed lubricant rep ,courtesy of Bruce Punchard via ■■■■ Pountain.

Brilliant.
Don Millwards F90, been sat in that cab more than once.
Foden looks good too.
Thanks for sharing

Punchy Dan:
All photos taken by Dennis the Highspeed lubricant rep ,courtesy of Bruce Punchard via ■■■■ Pountain.

Dickie Pountain - there’s a name from the past!

Steve

crackin pics, wagons always looked well, funny they started with a bulk blower and by the early 1990’s ended up with one…shortly after none at all !

i think the tall blond one in the group photo is Dave,aka Slim…he’s on with ARW Transport now.

Ste46:

Punchy Dan:

Dickie Pountain - there’s a name from the past!

Steve

The D-Series photo that Stuart pushed over was taken in ■■■■ Pountain’s yard.■■■■ liked his ■■■■■■■ motors and started with a D1000 with the
V8 in it.I sold him a couple of 2418’s and he got really worked up about the Transco and had a go in one before it was on the market.He ordered two but who didn’t get their arses into gear? Ford Motor co ! So E.R.F. which he stuck to.His dad Roy was well known in the area being sales manager at Fryers in Uttoxeter and a good customer of the Cavendish Arms.

Tony.

Pity about the Transco’s Bruce would like one of them now

Phil Roobotham, the fitter, had a place in Cawdor Quarry, Matlock. He did some work on the ■■■■■■■ L10 I had in a Foden when I worked for Gough Transport Ltd.

Pete.

windrush:
Phil Roobotham, the fitter, had a place in Cawdor Quarry, Matlock. He did some work on the ■■■■■■■ L10 I had in a Foden when I worked for Gough Transport Ltd.

Pete.

He was a Highspeed oil man too .

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post Dan, quality photos

Cockney Pete3:

Anytime ,in today’s world the above would have in excess of 8 spot lamps on plus other types of bull !

Ive had that sort of conversation with Darren Lees, what would they run today if they where still going, i think your right but 8 spots might be a bit of a conservative guess! Lol

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

This one cropped up on facebook the other day, not my photo

_20160623_235616.JPG

Bump

Phil Roobotham was manufacturing ejector trailers in the old engineers shop at Cawdor quarry

Punchy Dan:

Cockney Pete3:

Anytime ,in today’s world the above would have in excess of 8 spot lamps on plus other types of bull !

Funny you say that, whilst some things change some things stay very much the same, yes in todays world you’d need a few more spotlights and possibly if your very lucky an expensive lightweight Trux bulbar.
The object would be the same as it was all them years ago, you’d be looking to attract the same type of driver, Living the dream indeed!

Not a great picture but this is my Dad’s (Carlos) truck, around 92/93 I think .