KEEP THEM COMING

Finished

Front on

paul mc:
GREAT PHOTOS
USED TO LOVE TO SEEN THEM IN THE TRUCK MAGS
AND AT TRUCKFEAST IN THE EARLY 90s
KEEP THEM COMING

hiya…i think it was at the p,bourough truckfest that led to yates end.there was a newbie driver explaning how the ■■■ lighter
did two jobs…the driver was telling the wrong chap
John

I’ve been working on a fleet list… Mercedes 1628/ 1633/1644(x8) 1748(x4?) 2 in livery/ 1 white/ 1 black. Volvo F12(x5) 1 4x2/ 4 tag. Scania 142(x3) 113.360/ 143(x3) 1 standard roof/ 2 Topliners. M.A.N 17.372(x2). Leyland Daf 95.380. Plus the 8 leg bulkers(Foden/Volvo FL10. Still pretty sure I saw an F12.400 Globetrotter once… Anybody?

One I got from Ebay. 113.360

Found a couple of real gems today… Ill post when they arrive

A new one on me… Foden S106 6X4

Another one

IMG-20121110-00140.jpg

The 113 as promised, smart phone my a***!

IMG-20121110-00142.jpg

a couple from ebay and trucks galore the last one is from Commercial Motor

Anybody know what year say started up or what year they packed up I think it was "93 but not to sure can anybody shed any light on it? Cheers

My older brother was foreman/fitter at Moreville Trucks(Scania) in Nottingham in the 80s and 90s he says the ministry finished off SAY Transport as they were always running bent and a were a big cowboy outfit
Most of the drivers he knew would often take a pay cut to get the next new motor

Have posted some pix in other places but ive not been on here for while so i thought i might try to revive the thread. Always looking for new photos of the fleet.
Cheers
Peter

IMG_1170[1].JPG

IMG_1175[1].JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

donkeyv8:
Anybody know what year say started up or what year they packed up I think it was "93 but not to sure can anybody shed any light on it? Cheers

Hiya Yates only had new motors if you look up the reg on some lorries you’ll see he started before 93…
John

3300John:

donkeyv8:

Hiya Yates only had new motors if you look up the reg on some lorries you’ll see he started before 93…
John

Not sure when they finished John, I know Phil Rowbotham (spelling?) did fitting for them but he later had a place in Cawdor Quarry, Matlock. He fitted a new electric stop to my ■■■■■■■ L10 and that would have been in 1998 so I assume SAY had gone by then?

Pete.

Hiya was it Stuarts dad that drove the FL10 bulker■■?. I’ll get Wibb on here he’ll tell us whats what.
Brian subbed for him at one time with a Volvo.
John

3300John:
Hiya was it Stuarts dad that drove the FL10 bulker■■?. I’ll get Wibb on here he’ll tell us whats what.
John

Yes it was Stuart’s Dad, he had a Foden S80 bulker before that Volvo. Didn’t Alan Wibb drive for them as well John?

Pete.

windrush:

3300John:
John

Yes it was Stuart’s Dad, he had a Foden S80 bulker before that Volvo. Didn’t Alan Wibb drive for them as well John?

Pete.

flash motors Pete. anyone who got a chance would drive one i,d think… I’am certain Stuart started work with his uncle.
he worked in Leek in the textile business.i have’t a clue where he is now a days…have you
John