roping and sheeting

robthedog:

Punchy Dan:
Ready for tomorrow,Leeds ,Redcar ,Glasgow .

Wait and see if it gets the boss’s approval

Rof always approves my craftsmanship,I paid enough money for his courses :laughing: :smiley:

Punchy Dan:

Just a thought, Dan, do you get much interest in your roping, sheeting and, particularly, the dollies with your loads from younger drivers on the road who’ve never seen them, and/or older drivers with misty eyes?

I never see a decently sheeted flat here in France, wings flapping so much you’d think they’d take off. My dream was that one day a UK flat would be dropped in the yard to be loaded while the driver was away and I’d be called on to either do it as the only bloke on the fleet who knew how. :laughing:

It never happened. :frowning:

Odd times David people comment but I don’t think from younger drivers ,some say they didn’t know that Foden were still making lorry’s :unamused: ,tbf I don’t always make an effort :open_mouth: as most loads I sheet to make them secure due to poor packaging of goods rather than to keep dry :wink: cheers Dan’l

Edit you may see one in France soon ,I’ve got a load coming up :smiley:

Punchy Dan:

robthedog:

Punchy Dan:

Wait and see if it gets the boss’s approval

Rof always approves my craftsmanship,I paid enough money for his courses :laughing: :smiley:

Good lad! Nice to see the skills I taught you are standing you in good stead. Now, about that cheque………………………………

I will have to watch out for Dan heading up country on my way back down the A1 from Berwick (on Tweed, not THAT less well known Bewick!) tomorrow, I was recently overtaken by his low flying Sprinter and trailer on the A6 but I’m sure he is a lot steadier in the Foden! :laughing:

Pete.

Punchy Dan:
Odd times David people comment but I don’t think from younger drivers ,some say they didn’t know that Foden were still making lorry’s :unamused: ,tbf I don’t always make an effort :open_mouth: as most loads I sheet to make them secure due to poor packaging of goods rather than to keep dry :wink: cheers Dan’l

Edit you may see one in France soon ,I’ve got a load coming up :smiley:

I’ll keep an eye out for it. :wink: :smiley:

NOT a bad sheeted load HOWEVER not enough roped used, if not enough hooks on the trailer ,split the roping up ,easy done, also double dollys ,not god if you wasn’t to flick the dolly out. should have gone over the back with a straight over to match up with the rear cross also maybe a scotch cross on the rear just to finish the job off.

Hi dan ,how many have you got on the road I seen seths ridgd last week I see the artics but haven’t seen you in a while good job on the sheet :smiley:

Dan, I think you done a very good job there. I wouldn’t of thought you will see any tarp blowing in the wind in your mirrors.
Those are the type of loads I was brought up on, odd shape castings and machinery parts some had to be sheltered from the elements others not, all on the same load. It was transits and 7.5 tonners back then, but it all had to be secured with chains and dogs or ropes and sheets usually dirty heavy tarps.
Fun times as a teenager.

Paul

Well there was no sign of Dan’s load or the sheets laying anywhere on the M1, M18 or A1 today so he must have secured it well enough! :laughing: That ROF certainly knows his stuff, and it seems that he does his courses all for free as well? Then again, that could be because he felt sorry for a hard up Derbyshire haulier? :wink:

Pete.

I don’t really like to mention it, Pete, but there happens to be a not-so-poor retired ■■■■■■■■ haulier whose cheque is STILL missing in the post!

looks good to me dan

Punchy Dan:

Blimy never had so many like buttons :smiley: ,Rof the shoe is now on the other foot ,all this free advertising I think you now owe me ,we will start with the breakfast tab :wink:

Punchy Dan:
Blimy never had so many like buttons :smiley: ,Rof the shoe is now on the other foot ,all this free advertising I think you now owe me ,we will start with the breakfast tab :wink:

I believe they sheet the beds like that in Travelodge’s not that I’ve ever stayed in one you understand ! :wink: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

I believe they sheet the beds like that in Travelodge’s not that I’ve ever stayed in one you understand ! :wink: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Well Dennis, we stay in Travelodges a lot during the year while exhibiting at shows etc (Just had ten days in Scotland in three of them) and I can assure you that if they ran a haulage company their trucks would be sheeted second to none! No loose or flapping sheets when those gals have done their work. I can’t comment on the roping aspect though as we can only afford a standard room, I believe that the ‘super’ rooms have ropes incorporated in the bed head and foot boards but why they are there I have no idea? :confused: :wink: I do however realise that you ‘five star hotel’ lads will not be conversant with such things. :laughing:

Pete.

Punchy Dan:

Hi Dan, not sure if you had my Pm, I’m fine at the moment. I cant work out those Pms andnow you have to resize the photos totally knackerd lol
ade

Punchy Dan:

Funny how you now appear to be up for the breakfast just when you think that there’s a chance of someone else paying. :unamused: :wink: :unamused: :wink:

P1070767.JPG

P1070771.JPG

P1070775.JPG

Bewick:

Hiya,
Well the chap who r and s’d this trailer should be proud as punch, you know
on giving it a good coat of looking at it could have been done by one of my
now aged trailer boys, well my lads had to do a proper job or they got to
sample the knotted rope.

Considering the amount of interest in this R&S lark, I could be persuaded to come out of retirement providing the monetary gains were sufficient. All deals would be in cash, of course, given my past experiences with those who prefer cheques.