roping and sheeting

Ask him who did his R&S course, Dennis.
And paid in cash, on the day, with a “drink” for my trouble!

Two I did earlier, all my own work !

Bewick:

now that is a very tidy sheeted load. dont see many on the road nowadays that can rope and sheet

scotstrucker:

Bewick:

now that is a very tidy sheeted load. dont see many on the road nowadays that can rope and sheet

There are some firms Andy that don’t have a rope or a sheet ,I think you know who I mean :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

scotstrucker:

Bewick:

There are some firms Andy that don’t have a rope or a sheet ,I think you know who I mean :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Do you mean those outfits that only use Bungy’s and plastic binbags Dan’l ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You have me right on the head Denzl ,that’s me putting a sheet on in the dark wind and rain with out the assistance of a crew of loaders in a shed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nyk473l:
Loaded a ferry trailer, sheets had to be put across the trailer as they were too narrow. No ropes or hooks on trailer, only straps.

not seen a large volume load on a flat trailer for a long time

Punchy Dan:
You have me right on the head Denzl ,that’s me putting a sheet on in the dark wind and rain with out the assistance of a crew of loaders in a shed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dan, I could count on the fingers of one FOOT :smiley: the number of times I had help from the warehouse loader to sheet any of my loads. In fact if you needed a ladder for access to the top of the load it was like a game of twenty questions to find one. The most help I ever got was the loader putting the loaded pallet next to the trailer whilst I lifted the sheet onto it. Regards Kev.
Ps. The exception would be any trailer in the scheme at Kimberley Clark which they were paid to load, but quite often I had to spend time repairing their handywork.

kevmac47:

Punchy Dan:

Dan, I could count on the fingers of one FOOT :smiley: the number of times I had help from the warehouse loader to sheet any of my loads. In fact if you needed a ladder for access to the top of the load it was like a game of twenty questions to find one. The most help I ever got was the loader putting the loaded pallet next to the trailer whilst I lifted the sheet onto it. Regards Kev.
Ps. The exception would be any trailer in the scheme at Kimberley Clark which they were paid to load, but quite often I had to spend time repairing their handywork.

Well said Kev, Proctor & Gambles loads allways had to be well sheeted, & In Trafford Park it was allways windy plus the rain, I f you remember the canopy was far too short when 33 footers came on the scene, Of course thats all in the past, We did it to the best of our abiltey, & Even better still we are still here to talk about it, See you you on the 29th, All gannin wheel, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Pass muster, Dennis?

Lawrence Dunbar:

kevmac47:

Punchy Dan:

Well said Kev, Proctor & Gambles loads allways had to be well sheeted, & In Trafford Park it was allways windy plus the rain, I f you remember the canopy was far too short when 33 footers came on the scene, Of course thats all in the past, We did it to the best of our abiltey, & Even better still we are still here to talk about it, See you you on the 29th, All gannin wheel, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Wish I had a € for each P and G load I sheeted out of Trafford Park Larry,nice easy even loads,I think SoM record for number of Scottish loads in a day was 17,was a regular night trunk load.

David

kevmac47:

Punchy Dan:

Hiya,
Er’ Kev what are pallets ?. Can you handball them.?
thanks harry, long retired

harry_gill:

kevmac47:

Punchy Dan:

Hiya,
Er’ Kev what are pallets ?. Can you handball them.?
thanks harry, long retired

Harry, pallets are those wooden thingys that P&G couldn’t get the hang of, even when the load was going to their own depots. They would use a clamp truck to load and the driver would have to cope with it. I used to cruise around Trafford Park clearing up any old pallets I could find. Surprisingly I often found enough to get me out of a load of handball. This would be in the seventies, not so many pallet recovered firms around then.Regards Kev.

Star down under.:
Pass muster, Dennis?

Now that is a right “tight” tarp job “S. d. u.” nowt wrong with that ! Only comment I would make is those tarps look like they have seen better days and don’t look too waterproof but I suppose with all the Sun you get in Aus. it isn’t a requirement to have 100% tarps unlike we had to have in the UK when Flat trailers were King ! All the best Mate, Regards Dennis.

Kevin, your pallet tale reminds me of my mate who was a fitter for the local authority and often took wagons up for test to the local test station where there was an awkward zb however one day he spied some 2 or 3 pallets laying in the back of the drop sided body. He enquired what they were for and when told just scrap or firewood asked if he could have them. After that incident whenever my mate presented another wagon there were always a pallet or two on the back which resulted in not as much nit picking for the parties involved.
Cheers Leyland 600.

image.jpeg I saw this lorry sheeted ish :open_mouth: today ,not sure who’d do such a thing :blush:

Punchy Dan:
0 I saw this lorry sheeted ish :open_mouth: today ,not sure who’d do such a thing :blush:[/quote
Those rear outer markers look a bit “iffy” to me ! :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
PS and I won’t comment on the sheeting :blush:

That’s how they always dry their laundry up in Middleton Dennis, now’t iffy about it at all. :confused: Think thee sen lucky that it wasn’t ‘(off) white washing day’ or you would have seen Dan’s undercrackers wafting gently in the beeze! :open_mouth:

Pete.

windrush:
That’s how they always dry their laundry up in Middleton Dennis, now’t iffy about it at all. :confused: Think thee sen lucky that it wasn’t ‘(off) white washing day’ or you would have seen Dan’s undercrackers wafting gently in the beeze! :open_mouth:

Pete.

Ooh! Pete now I didn’t like to ask if they was Dan’ls heavily soiled “under garments” hanging off those sticky out legs on the back of the load ! By the looks of it there is some fair “skid marks” on them ! Whats he been eating ? Cheers Dennis.