Roll Call of long standing TN Members

Well, last month of 2008 for me. Had been looking in for a while, but previously been a fan of Big Lorry Blog with Brian Weatherly. Brian had been posting updates on Andrew Coopers (pete359s) Peterbilt project. Andrew then posted on Dave the Renegades South Wales site and I was hooked. Dave thanked me for some early input and the rest is history.
Through TNUK, I have met Andrew Cooper, Dai Bootsy, Dai Echo, Graham ec14, Graham of Walters fame and Neil (mechanic77) all back in Wales my home for the best part of thirty two years.
I emigrated to the States in 1991, and here in my home state of Florida met up with Mark Lee (newmercman) who I followed as a journo with Truck &Driver and his blog after he emigrated to Canada.
I have seen photos of lorry’s I have driven on here along with different companies I worked for. This site is brilliant in all ways, from the characters who post with their knowledge and wisdom, to their sense of humour and wise cracks.
Brought up in a farming/butcher, and later transport and engineering family I’ve been around lorry’s/trucks all my life and still at it. Ten more years and I’ll throw the towel in.

Like many other members I feel as if I know them, even though we have not met in person. We all miss the input of those that have past on but I am sure they are reading this from above and getting their daily dose also! We all know its addictive.

Regards Paul

Still here joined 5th Jan 2007

10 years of taking abuse in November this year, I still haven’t taken the hint! :smiley:

Lawrence Dunbar:

kevmac47:
I’m still around! I haven’t posted many pictures lately as I don’t like the new computer we have. I can’t do without my daily fix of TNUK . :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev.

Kev me new old pal, Just relaxe & try & remember the Old Days when you were at Waugheys allong with our long departed work mates Like The Infamouse Parky Denham, & Of course Kak Handed Geordie Fearns. Two great lads in their day never to be forgotten as long as I live, Im just having a few large Glenmorangies this very moment, Before I retire to my good old bed, And I do hope to wake up in the morning ready to go,Regards Larry.

Aye Larry, who could forget the left handed “dollies” of George Fearns? As well as being “kak” handed they were also doubled around the loop, try pulling those out when they got wet and froze up!! Happy days. :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev. Ps. I think George was the nicest guy I ever worked with. A true gent.

I’m still here, been around for ten years or so.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I only discovered TrucknetUK in June 2015,and became a member in December of that year,
about which time I started my first thread, “Robert Baillie Transport”. Since then I have made
many new mates, as far North as Dingwall in Bonny Scotland, Brittany in France, and many more
in between,and it seems we all sing from the same hymn sheet.

Kind Regards, Ray Smyth, In the Peoples Republic Of Wigan.

I keep looking in most days, only really know two members personally (Malmic and 1970 Commer) but chip in here and there on the offchance anything I may know something about gets posted.

Pete.

But who has posted the most posts?

ChrisArbon:

I believe somewhere in Surrey there is a broadband package that’s getting hammered for data…

kevmac47:

Lawrence Dunbar:

kevmac47:
I’m still around! I haven’t posted many pictures lately as I don’t like the new computer we have. I can’t do without my daily fix of TNUK . :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev.

Kev me new old pal, Just relaxe & try & remember the Old Days when you were at Waugheys allong with our long departed work mates Like The Infamouse Parky Denham, & Of course Kak Handed Geordie Fearns. Two great lads in their day never to be forgotten as long as I live, Im just having a few large Glenmorangies this very moment, Before I retire to my good old bed, And I do hope to wake up in the morning ready to go,Regards Larry.

Aye Larry, who could forget the left handed “dollies” of George Fearns? As well as being “kak” handed they were also doubled around the loop, try pulling those out when they got wet and froze up!! Happy days. :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev. Ps. I think George was the nicest guy I ever worked with. A true gent.

Aye Larry and Kev there is nothing ■■■■■■■ worse than left handed hitches, we had one distance driver who was a culprit, used to send us mad as normally you could whip along the side of a load in a flash and have the ropes undone in no time but if it was a trailer this ■■■■ had dropped “Oh ■■■■” a ■■■■■■■ nightmare ! Cheers Dennis. PS at least he wasn’t a Shunter :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I joined in sept 2011 when I discovered the Internet,since then I’ve looked on here ,and other sites :blush:

ChrisArbon:

Actually Dave The Renegade held/holds that title with 44676 posts with 2nd place being held by Wheel Nut at 33636 posts and counting

Still here, have met a few old uns [ ROF] comes to mind, as said enjoy the banter. Oily and Serrvo88 were fine last time I spoke to them. Can’t say when I joined but will find out in a minute :smiley:
Ade

I found Trucknet in late 2010.

This is my 1589th post… I think.

Joined 2005 when I started driving for a living having made a career elsewhere first.

Not always been a very active member and disappeared off for a while when I stopped driving after my heart attack.

Just got my license back but don’t think I can be bothered going back into now as enjoy my life outside.

Joined June 2009, once Pete 359 introduced me on how to upload photos :smiley:

Been on here 8 years. Thanks to Trucknet I am back in touch with a couple of people from time ago which is great, also met a couple of great blokes Eddie (Oiltreader) & Ivor (Toshboy) that used to work with my Dad :smiley:. Been in Transport world all my life from when I first started going with Dad when I was 5 yrs old, Trucknet has been a fascinating insight into so much about Transport that I didn’t know, & reading some of the ‘discussions’ etc has been often very amusing. As Bewick said there is no substitute for experience, it’s a shame the modern Transport world no longer has the ingenuity of so many of the Trucknet members, who possess the ability to ‘Improvise, adapt & overcome, & always by hook or by crook get the job done’, & we don’t need a high-viz or a mission statement to do it :unamused: :smiley: . Regards Chris

I have been around a while :wink:

Rikki-UK:
I have been around a while :wink:

Are the words “Too” and “Long” missing :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It wasn’t my post Rikki , “CF” must have Hacked my account ! :blush: :blush: :blush: :open_mouth: :wink: Bewick.