The Long Haul Club

wheeltapper:

Anyone going to this gathering on Sunday ? Cheers Bewick.

A few motors will be at the event, hope the weather stays fine

wheeltapper:

Bewick:

wheeltapper:

I’ll be there Dennis but only with a camera, I don’t have a wagon since I sold this one and I don’t plan on getting one.
wagonpics.com/rcp13.html

Our old kit wagon is going been parked in Gibsons at Garstang since Garstang show so Bill has kindly offered to take it our fleet engineer is going to be with it also I’d have liked to take my Seddon to the Mayfield cos I started goin there with dad in the mid fifties in his Seddon coincidently one we bought off Bill Gibsons father #steak pudding and chips

TruckNet member Leyland 600 was one of the many visitors to the L.H.C. at Crofters , Garstang. gathering on Sunday.
It would bring back memories to those who frequented the place when it was the Mayfield Transport Cafe.

Now, to those who dont know him , Leyland 600` is a man of ingenious inventions. :bulb:

Heres "■■■■■■■■■■ John" trying to get to grips with Leyland 600s latest state-of-the-art handiwork :-

• an Eaton Two-Speed walking stick. :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Gotcha John . :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

Bewick:

wheeltapper:

I’m most surprised Dennis that you have’nt kept one of your your’s from the dim and distant past,right up your street all the shows!!!
you could even have a trailer ,with your example of proper roping and sheeting!

David :wink: :wink: :wink:

When " ■■■■■■■■■■ John " became familiar with Leyland 600 `s Two-Speed walking stick, he was soon
giving demonstrations on how to change the ratio . :sunglasses: He had to be reminded of the 40 m.p.h. speed limit. :unamused:

I managed to photograph these 3 Bedfords between the “bbbbbrrrrrrummmm …bbbbrrrrrummmm…”
from John on the A 6.

Good photo there Roy they will all be at Ingleton on sat 24 aug are you coming down we might get ■■■■■■■■■■ in an old Atki showing his double clutch we’ve a good turnout but more the merrier so all vehicles welcome just give us a ring,all visitors welcome we’re having some photo displays trying to get Ma tuer to bring all hers down does any body know who Barry / gloves is I’d like all his local photos as well

Hi BIBS Is this at your yard on the 24th if so I may have a drive across
Stanfield (John)

Yes John you’ll be most welcome

Yes John you’ll be most welcome

5thwheel:

Bewick:

wheeltapper:

I’m most surprised Dennis that you have’nt kept one of your your’s from the dim and distant past,right up your street all the shows!!!

Yes I agree David,especially with a Big J with 240 up front… :laughing: :grimacing:

Chris Webb:

5thwheel:

Bewick:

wheeltapper:

Yes I agree David,especially with a Big J with 240 up front… :laughing: :grimacing:

Now wouldnt that be a treat Chris!!

5thwheel:

Chris Webb:

5thwheel:

Bewick:

wheeltapper:

I’ve had a word with the agency and they are offering a choice of three,possibly four,drivers for the 240 Big J,namely,Elvis,Adolf or Osama and the fourth would just be a stand in if non of the first three were available.However,as the stand in has to travel from the IOM there is some argument about paying subsistance as he wants two nights when we know very well he will be back home on the island and tucked up in his own “pit” on the second night,plus he wants his fee in “readies” no cheques nor would he give us his Bank details,he said that was priviledged info ! Only known by him and his accountant in Grand Cayman :sunglasses: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

5thwheel:

Chris Webb:

5thwheel:

Bewick:

wheeltapper:

I’ve had a word with the agency and they are offering a choice of three,possibly four,drivers for the 240 Big J,namely,Elvis,Adolf or Osama and the fourth would just be a stand in if non of the first three were available.However,as the stand in has to travel from the IOM there is some argument about paying subsistance as he wants two nights when we know very well he will be back home on the island and tucked up in his own “pit” on the second night,plus he wants his fee in “readies” no cheques nor would he give us his Bank details,he said that was priviledged info ! Only known by him and his accountant in Grand Cayman :sunglasses: Cheers Dennis.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Evening Dennis old chap. Two neets out in t’hand will do very nicely.

Regards,

Your friendly tax exile… :smiley:

Chris Webb:

Bewick:

5thwheel:

Chris Webb:

5thwheel:

Bewick:

wheeltapper:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Evening Dennis old chap. Two neets out in t’hand will do very nicely.

Regards,

Your friendly tax exile… :smiley:

££££££$$$$$$$ :wink: :sunglasses: :confused: :blush: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Turners ( Hoole ) Ltd. showed 3 highly-polished E.R.F. tractor units at Sundays Gathering` at Crofters , Garstang.

A red and white " Bewick" E.R.F would have been a good addition.
Errrr…I won`t mention owt about a Guy Big J , Dennis. :unamused: :laughing:

Sorry about the decent motor on the right CWM but seeing as your a dab hand at photo shopping :sunglasses: you have my permission to “doctor” the shot which was taken in the depot at Milnthorpe IIRC around August '82,they were all new and IIRC took part in the Kendal “Torchlight” procession,which at times during the 80’s and 90’s we had into the teens of artics taking part,unlike nowadays when there are half a dozen artics and one hundred old cars and tractors :frowning: Cheers Bewick.