Roger pickering photo's

pete smith:

windrush:
I wonder if pics of any of my trucks will ever appear on trucknet, one never knows! :wink: Good to see that folk did make the effort to take photos though, even of ‘boring’ modern stuff back then that 30 years later people find interesting.

Pete.

You never know Pete! Looking for Tilcon livery aren’t we?

Tilcon/STB Transport or some of the haulier I later drove for but they were just a plain livery and didn’t travel that far South either!

Pete.

pete smith:

Hello again Pete ,that is Ted Owen that was from Lydbury North ,Holliers was i think an owner driver out of Blockleys at Hadley , Pritchards Montgomery had a tidy fleet of Fodens ,thank you Trevor

Another thread to look forward to, cheers for posting Pete, and cheers to Mr. Pickering :wink:
Any more “heavies” in the collection perchance…?

240 Gardner:

moomooland:

pete smith:
Moomooland or Chris, do you know who had this one new?

Yes Pete here is it’s history…

2 Seddon Atkinson 400 Series 4x2 tractor unit Reg No VRM 444S, powered by a Gardner 240 eight cylinder engine, was originally registered new on the 1st of April 1978 to Geoff Stamper of Penrith.

1 When it was three and a half years old Tom Riding bought it from Seddon Atkinson agents Blackwood Hodge of Penrith for £5,750 plus vat on the 3rd of October 1981 and before joining the fleet Geoff Yates of Preston converted it into a full sleeper cab.
The late Albert Brown of Accrington, a long time Riding’s man, was allocated this vehicle when he decided to come off the Atkinson Mk 1 that he had driven for 14 years.
After four years in Riding’s fleet VRM 444S was sold on to John Killingbeck of Blackburn on the 31st of December 1985 for £3,200 plus vat

Beat me to it, Paul! :laughing:

It looks worryingly normal for a Killingbeck motor, doesn’t it?

Another fine selection, thank you Pete.

Nice to see this one:

The long gone Daisy Dairy was at West End, Oswaldtwistle - I remember a driver employed there saying that it was a job for life, “because people will always want milk”

I think the likes of Arla had different ideas!

Thank you to Paul and Chris for the information, those Sed Atki’s certainly had a long working life if you keep the cab rust at bay! Cheer’s Pete

pv83:
Another thread to look forward to, cheers for posting Pete, and cheers to Mr. Pickering :wink:

Hi Patrick,
There are a couple of heavies to come, nothing in the major league! Cheer’s Pete.

Pete,
That far south? It is only round the corner! Pete

Trevor,
Thank you for the info, the red and black Scania 6 wheeler I can remember knocking about,they have a nice series 3 streamliner,are they still trading?
Who was the timber haulier from Lydbury, green Scania’s? Cheer’s Pete

Could it be a GKN unit Pete,if they ran Sed Atkis?
By the way it’s nice to see that ex Emms AEC Marshal EHA 144T working for a living.

saontow.jpg

Nice pic of the Catto roadtrain Pete,heres one of there Fodens. :wink:

pete smith:

I photographed that Volvo F7 of Family Loaf Bakery at their site to the rear of Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, in the late 1980s.

The former Theodore Emms AEC Marshal was one of two, along with four Mandators (IIRC), that were parked up in the early 1970s when Emms’ drivers went on strike. They didn’t turn a wheel for a good number of years.

Come on Pete we are all waiting :laughing:

pete smith:

pv83:

Hi Patrick,
There are a couple of heavies to come, nothing in the major league! Cheer’s Pete.

Pete,

Trevor,
Thank you for the info, the red and black Scania 6 wheeler I can remember knocking about,they have a nice series 3 streamliner,are they still trading?

Hi
The timber haulier from Lydbury north was just pugh and sons
Regards
Duncan

dieseldunc:

pete smith:

pv83:

Hi Patrick,

Pete,

Trevor,

Hi
Regards
Duncan

Sorry j pugh

Cheers
Duncan

pete smith:

pv83:

Hi Patrick,

Pete,

Trevor,

Hello Pete ,Ted Owen ,now sadly passed away ,his family sold out to i think A W Jenkinson ,Ted was a legend .a gentleman who before drove for Lawleys Churchstoke .
J S Pugh of Lydbury north finished long ago ,they had a few Volvo f86s and ERFs also
Boys and Boden from Welshpool ,that ERF has got a sleeper cab ,and Vyrnwy caravans are now Salop leisure at Llansantffraid ,lovely Shropshire stuff you putting up Pete ,thank you Trevor .

tastrucker:

pete smith:

pv83:

Hi Patrick,

Pete,

Trevor,

Hello Pete ,Ted Owen ,now sadly passed away ,his family sold out to i think A W Jenkinson ,Ted was a legend .a gentleman who before drove for Lawleys Churchstoke .
J S Pugh of Lydbury north finished long ago ,they had a few Volvo f86s and ERFs also
Boys and Boden from Welshpool ,that ERF has got a sleeper cab ,and Vyrnwy caravans are now Salop leisure at Llansantffraid ,lovely Shropshire stuff you putting up Pete ,thank you Trevor .

Morning Trevor,
Thank you for the information, Owens selling out to Jenkinsons explains why they have motor’s parked up in Morgans yard at Craven Arms! Pete

dieseldunc:

pete smith:

pv83:

Hi Patrick,

Pete,

Trevor,

Hi
Regards
Duncan

Thank you for that Duncan, I could picture the motors but the name had escaped me!Pete

gingerfold:

pete smith:

I photographed that Volvo F7 of Family Loaf Bakery at their site to the rear of Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, in the late 1980s.

The former Theodore Emms AEC Marshal was one of two, along with four Mandators (IIRC), that were parked up in the early 1970s when Emms’ drivers went on strike. They didn’t turn a wheel for a good number of years.

Morning Graham,
I think, and will stand to be corrected, that John Davies, A.R Davies and son who ran the Marshalls, bought from the sale the 2 Marshalls, a Mercury tipper that ended up with Colin Pitt from Otley and a F G tipper which Ray Hingley bought, I cannot remember any of the Mandators in his yard at Kingswinford, Cheer’s Pete

DEANB:
Nice pic of the Catto roadtrain Pete,heres one of there Fodens. :wink:

Thanks for that Dean,

Punchy Dan:
Come on Pete we are all waiting :laughing:

Here we go Dan’ll, I will see if I can put some more on this afternoon but away from laptop till Saturday morning! Pete