Roger pickering photo's

moomooland:
1Nice shot of Woodbrow Bulk Liquids ‘C’ Series ERF.
Woodbrow Bulk Liquids was set up by Roger Townson originally of Townson Tankers Oldham and were based at
Newport East Yorkshire at the end of the M62.
The name originated from Woodbrow House in Denshaw near Oldham, Roger Townson’s former home.

0They were well known back in the day there is a Trucknet thread here… Woodbrow Bulk Liquids

The trucks were well turned out, thanks for the pic Paul,

pete smith:

moomooland:
1Nice shot of Woodbrow Bulk Liquids ‘C’ Series ERF.
Woodbrow Bulk Liquids was set up by Roger Townson originally of Townson Tankers Oldham and were based at
Newport East Yorkshire at the end of the M62.
The name originated from Woodbrow House in Denshaw near Oldham, Roger Townson’s former home.

0They were well known back in the day there is a Trucknet thread here… Woodbrow Bulk Liquids

The trucks were well turned out, thanks for the pic Paul,

Nice to see the old ERF again

Making a bit of a hash up posting these last few, think that Iveco 8 legger is on twice! :blush:

That is it till I’m back at work on Tuesday, busy moving house and the dreaded decorating!

I wonder if pics of any of my trucks will ever appear on trucknet, one never knows! :wink: Good to see that folk did make the effort to take photos though, even of ‘boring’ modern stuff back then that 30 years later people find interesting.

Pete.

Some nice pics posted today Pete ! :wink: Nice to see some of N.J.Grose’s from Cornwall ! :smiley:

Just wondering what body is on the N j Grose step frame ,is it a bridge body ?

windrush:
I wonder if pics of any of my trucks will ever appear on trucknet, one never knows! :wink: Good to see that folk did make the effort to take photos though, even of ‘boring’ modern stuff back then that 30 years later people find interesting.

Pete.

You never know Pete! Looking for Tilcon livery aren’t we?

DEANB:
Some nice pics posted today Pete ! :wink: Nice to see some of N.J.Grose’s from Cornwall ! :smiley:

Hi Dean,
Thanks mate, don’t know what turns up until I post it, got a system…albeit a bad one… but it working …just!
Had to come in to work today as I got a breakdown to sort, so I will post some more pictures, … serves me right for not listening to my Dad all those years ago… keep away from lorries Son nothing but hassle, did any of us listen?!

Punchy Dan:
Just wondering what body is on the N j Grose step frame ,is it a bridge body ?

Dan, I do not know mate, I only used steel bodies!

Pic 4 is the M54 and the rest are on M6 near Jcn 12 I think.

pete smith:

DEANB:

Hi Dean,
Thanks mate, don’t know what turns up until I post it, got a system…albeit a bad one… but it working …just!
Had to come in to work today as I got a breakdown to sort, so I will post some more pictures, … serves me right for not listening to my Dad all those years ago… keep away from lorries Son nothing but hassle, did any of us listen?!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I reckon your right there Pete ! Nice pic of the F88 ! :wink:

pete smith:
Moomooland or Chris, do you know who had this one new?

Yes Pete here is it’s history…

Seddon Atkinson 400 Series 4x2 tractor unit Reg No VRM 444S, powered by a Gardner 240 eight cylinder engine, was originally registered new on the 1st of April 1978 to Geoff Stamper of Penrith.

When it was three and a half years old Tom Riding bought it from Seddon Atkinson agents Blackwood Hodge of Penrith for £5,750 plus vat on the 3rd of October 1981 and before joining the fleet Geoff Yates of Preston converted it into a full sleeper cab.
The late Albert Brown of Accrington, a long time Riding’s man, was allocated this vehicle when he decided to come off the Atkinson Mk 1 that he had driven for 14 years.
After four years in Riding’s fleet VRM 444S was sold on to John Killingbeck of Blackburn on the 31st of December 1985 for £3,200 plus vat

moomooland:

pete smith:
Moomooland or Chris, do you know who had this one new?

Yes Pete here is it’s history…

Seddon Atkinson 400 Series 4x2 tractor unit Reg No VRM 444S, powered by a Gardner 240 eight cylinder engine, was originally registered new on the 1st of April 1978 to Geoff Stamper of Penrith.

When it was three and a half years old Tom Riding bought it from Seddon Atkinson agents Blackwood Hodge of Penrith for £5,750 plus vat on the 3rd of October 1981 and before joining the fleet Geoff Yates of Preston converted it into a full sleeper cab.
The late Albert Brown of Accrington, a long time Riding’s man, was allocated this vehicle when he decided to come off the Atkinson Mk 1 that he had driven for 14 years.
After four years in Riding’s fleet VRM 444S was sold on to John Killingbeck of Blackburn on the 31st of December 1985 for £3,200 plus vat

Beat me to it, Paul! :laughing:

It looks worryingly normal for a Killingbeck motor, doesn’t it?

Another fine selection, thank you Pete.

Nice to see this one:

The long gone Daisy Dairy was at West End, Oswaldtwistle - I remember a driver employed there saying that it was a job for life, “because people will always want milk”

I think the likes of Arla had different ideas!