Roger pickering photo's

Punchy Dan:
can’t imagine a pentons driver in a modern day f7 now :laughing:

Why Dan, Because it has a gear stick?!
Don’t know about Pentons but Cadwallader was sending their F7’s over the water in the late 80’s early 90’s and I think they still had a few F88’s as well, but they were looking well tired by then!

Dean B,
I have to take my hat off to you my friend, you have had a year doing this scanning and uploading lark, I have had nearly 3 days and it is doing my head in mate,trying not to post the same pic twice or missing any out, not giving up though! Cheer’s Pete

Brilliant!! More treasure for us to rejoice in!

Many, many thanks for sharing - looking forward to seeing more :slight_smile:

I do like the Ray leese Foden with the bulk body

I like the Pentons motors they always had a good colour scheme in my opinion. Are there any
of the F88 Pete ? :unamused:

pete smith:
Dean B,
I have to take my hat off to you my friend, you have had a year doing this scanning and uploading lark, I have had nearly 3 days and it is doing my head in mate,trying not to post the same pic twice or missing any out, not giving up though! Cheer’s Pete

Good on you Pete and to Roger Pickering for making his photos available :smiley: , like you say it can patience trying at times, but hey the feedback can be very rewarding and an incentive to keep going.
Oily

Punchy Dan:
I do like the Ray leese Foden with the bulk body

You are biased mate! It looks the part Dan,nice livery as well.

pete smith:
Dean B,

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: You will be fine Pete ! I find the easiest way to try and not post
the pic twice is to put a “p” at the end of the file name where you have it stored. P obviously
stands for posted. I hope that makes sense ! I sometimes forget to do this and have posted the
same pic twice but it doesnt matter if some get posted twice. Crack on chap ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

DEANB:
I like the Pentons motors they always had a good colour scheme in my opinion. Are there any
of the F88 Pete ? :unamused:

Yes Dean,
The tag axle they still have restored/preserved doing the rallies, I will have to look for it,

DEANB:

pete smith:
Dean B,

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: You will be fine Pete ! I find the easiest way to try and not post
the pic twice is to put a “p” at the end of the file name where you have it stored. P obviously
stands for posted. I hope that makes sense ! I sometimes forget to do this and have posted the
same pic twice but it doesnt matter if some get posted twice. Crack on chap ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I have numbered them and post them 5 at time, see all those school years were not wasted… I think!

Hi Oily and GCR2ERF, How it came about was…
I gave Roger a handful of my own pictures, copies of course, what my late Father had took in the late 1950’s and 60’s, they are on the Flour Millers thread if anyone interested, so he gave me these to keep and said “do what you like with them”!
I saw Roger at the weekend at Gaydon and asked him if he minded me starting a thread on here in his name, he said crack on so I started on Monday and here we are!
I have just come off the phone to Roger and told him he has had nearly 1,300 views on this page, he could not understand why so many, as he is not computer/ internet savvy!
I also passed on all of the kind remarks and he replied to you all " Thank you for taking the time to look at the photo’s, I thought no one would be that interested in them"! How wrong Roger!
Best Regards Pete

Message for Richellis78,
The ERF photo you had published in one of the Heritage mags, the operator of it would have been G.Richardson of Gnosall, the silver and red one mate, Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:
The double drive Renault of Parrys, do any of you Shropshire lads know if it is the same motor that ended up with Greyhound Plant?
Ps. An ERF there for you Robert, a C series as well, IMO the best looking ERF cab ever made!! Tin hat on already mate!

Hello Pete ,some great Shropshire stuff on here ,but i dont think Parrys Renault ended up with T E Jones , Greyhound at Knockin theres was not a topsleeper .Also i can not remember Caddys having any F7s but i may be wrong ,thank you Pete for these lovely photos good to see some Shropshire wagons Trevor

pete smith:
The double drive Renault of Parrys, do any of you Shropshire lads know if it is the same motor that ended up with Greyhound Plant?
Ps. An ERF there for you Robert, a C series as well, IMO the best looking ERF cab ever made!! Tin hat on already mate!

No worries there mate: I agree! Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

pete smith:

No worries there mate: I agree! Robert

erf-ec-olympic-01.jpg

tastrucker:

pete smith:

Hello Pete ,some great Shropshire stuff on here ,but i dont think Parrys Renault ended up with T E Jones , Greyhound at Knockin theres was not a topsleeper .Also i can not remember Caddys having any F7s but i may be wrong ,thank you Pete for these lovely photos good to see some Shropshire wagons Trevor

Morning Trevor,
Your right mate about the Greyhound Renault being a flat roof, I remember it knocking about but you never took much notice!
Cadwalladers I meant FL10’s going over the water :blush:, about the same amount of space in the cab as an F7, Cheer’s Pete

All made in Britain!! Guy in Wolverhampton, Volvo in Irvine and 2 of Sandbach’s finest!

Nice shot of Woodbrow Bulk Liquids ‘C’ Series ERF.
Woodbrow Bulk Liquids was set up by Roger Townson originally of Townson Tankers Oldham and were based at
Newport East Yorkshire at the end of the M62.
The name originated from Woodbrow House in Denshaw near Oldham, Roger Townson’s former home.

WB ERF.jpgThey were well known back in the day there is a Trucknet thread here… Woodbrow Bulk Liquids