Roger pickering photo's

Another great thread to keep the diesel flowing through the veins. Thank you. Jim.

Pete

Roger is a very good friend of mine and it’s not his fault he was born in Shropshire and not Scotland. Roger just loves Ford D Series and would welcome any advice on putting the rear brake shoe springs on the D1000, just ask him!
He lives dangerously too, he told my wife Albion gearboxes were designed in Shropshire just to wind her up because at one time she worked in that department, Allison soon put him right!
He’s a Rascal! But a lovable one and I value his friendship highly.

Alex

Before I forget, I was joking about giving Roger advice about the D Series, as a Mechanic he’s second to none but I just like to wind him up. That’s the phone off the hook this week!
Alex

Dan, Quite a few more to post yet, none of the Gaffers on there though!

Jakey, There are some of GKN motors, cannot remember if they were BRS Wellington motors?

Trucky Mc Truckface, The photographs were taken mid 80’s, so hauliers had different ideas about axle configurations, some went for the lightest tare, 2+3, some to get the cheapest VED rate, 3+3.

DeanB, Cadwalladers used to frequent Georges Cafe on the A5 at Crick, think there was more motors there than at Oswestry!

Legion, Nice to see someone recognise the history of a vehicle, made it worthwhile Roger taking the picture.

Jim, Plenty more to keep that diesel flowing my friend!

Alex,
What can I add to your comment… nothing really you have him down to a tee, a nice genuine lorry enthusiast, I will not mention the brake shoes or we may not get a second edition! Speaking about rear brake shoes, remember the Bedford TK rear brake shoe set up? :blush: Yes Roger on the D series and I hold my hands up ballsing a TK up, well I was only 17 and did not appreciate the saying " watch how it comes apart, so you know how it goes back together bit"!
PS. I like the gee up about the Albion gearboxes, I can picture Roger coming out with that! Cheer’s Pete

First pic is Direct Transport from Gobowen.
Jakey, not sure if the GKN Buffalo is a BRS motor?
A Scottish operator for you Alex, see Roger did think about you all those years ago!

Hello Legion , lol ,I didn’t say I didn’t like the Volvo and trailer though !!! I love it ,proper working removal truck .

Yes MAN now settled in ,"the hoff " who drives it loves it , we got a new TGL 12T on order ,so hopefully my brother will not throw his rattle out the pram as he loves his 10t DAF LF .

Thank you peter for the Buffalo GKN , BLOODY BIG TRAILER THOUGH :laughing:

Hi Pete,thanks for taking the time to post the photos and thanks to Roger for supplying them.

I wondered if the GKN artic was loaded with cabs out of GKN Sankey at Wellington? They made the tilt cabs there for AECs at Southall and transported them without any cover int olden days. :smiley:

JAKEY:
Hello Legion , lol ,I didn’t say I didn’t like the Volvo and trailer though !!! I love it ,proper working removal truck .

Yes MAN now settled in ,"the hoff " who drives it loves it , we got a new TGL 12T on order ,so hopefully my brother will not throw his rattle out the pram as he loves his 10t DAF LF .

Hi Jakey,
There maybe some more,
Edited as Jakey’s name came out Haley! Bloody predictive text, sorry Jakey, :blush:

Chris Webb:
Hi Pete,thanks for taking the time to post the photos and thanks to Roger for supplying them.

I wondered if the GKN artic was loaded with cabs out of GKN Sankey at Wellington? They made the tilt cabs there for AECs at Southall and transported them without any cover int olden days. :smiley:

Hi Chris,
They maybe tractor cabs for Massey Ferguson or Ford’s Basildon factory, Jaguar plant used to have some similar sized trailers for the car shells, pulled by Leyland Cruiser 16:15’s, oh the power!!! Cheers Pete

JAKEY:

Hi Jakey she was a good old girl 1985/86 same year Volvo opened in Shrewsbury she was miles ahead of the tks and tl we ran before.

Pete smith i grew up in the cabs of that volvo and our tks infact i still have the vanplan paperwork for the body and the trailer.

legion:

JAKEY:

Hi Jakey she was a good old girl 1985/86 same year Volvo opened in Shrewsbury she was miles ahead of the tks and tl we ran before.

Pete smith i grew up in the cabs of that volvo and our tks infact i still have the vanplan paperwork for the body and the trailer.

Hi Legion,
Bet you thought the TK was the ■■■■■■■■ until that Volvo arrived!

HI PETE , bit late to the party, only just noticed this great thread,big thanks to roger, will be watching closely!!

Perhaps you could keep a weather-eye out for any ERF NGCs, Pete! Be really grateful :sunglasses: . Cheers, Robert

bazztrucker:
HI PETE , bit late to the party, only just noticed this great thread,big thanks to roger, will be watching closely!!

I will pass on your thanks Bazz

ERF-NGC-European:
Perhaps you could keep a weather-eye out for any ERF NGCs, Pete! Be really grateful :sunglasses: . Cheers, Robert

Hi Robert,
I have had a quick flick through them and I’m afraid I did not see any, there are plenty of ERF’s to compensate though!

pete smith:

ERF-NGC-European:

Hi Robert,
I have had a quick flick through them and I’m afraid I did not see any, there are plenty of ERF’s to compensate though!

Cheers! Robert :smiley:

The double drive Renault of Parrys, do any of you Shropshire lads know if it is the same motor that ended up with Greyhound Plant?
Ps. An ERF there for you Robert, a C series as well, IMO the best looking ERF cab ever made!! Tin hat on already mate!

can’t imagine a pentons driver in a modern day f7 now :laughing: