Roger pickering photo's

windrush:

Chris Webb:
Heavy Transport Ltd belonged to ECC IIRC Pete?

That’s right Chris. I think they were only based in Cornwall for the china clay job, used to see them tipping into conveyers at Par for shipping overseas. I never carted that stuff but when Ballidon used to run tippers into Cornwall and Devon many years ago they backloaded it to the Potteries.

Pete.

In the 70s they used to backload lumps from Snibstone pit after they’d tipped Stoke potteries. Not a job for a man in a rush, time ground to an halt under the screens, but the Wagon n Horses pub next door eased matters a little. Allegedly

pete smith:

Hello Pete ,yes the Leyland BSC is a cotract motor based at Allscott Wellington ,thank you Trevor

pete smith:

marathon1975:

pete smith:
Thank you Spud, Chris G, Chris W, Tony and Kevmac for all the comments and information, much appreciated, Pete.

Hi the green started life at pear tree haulage West bromwich it was yellow and brown it was sold in 82 in the sale after we. Closed down

Morning Scott,
Get a pic of it on here! Pete

marathon1975:

pete smith:

marathon1975:

pete smith:
Thank you Spud, Chris G, Chris W, Tony and Kevmac for all the comments and information, much appreciated, Pete.

Hi the green started life at pear tree haulage West bromwich it was yellow and brown it was sold in 82 in the sale after we. Closed down

Morning Scott,
Get a pic of it on here! Pete

Thanks for that Scott, Roger’s pic’s filled a bit of history in for you!

tastrucker:

pete smith:

Hello Pete ,yes the Leyland BSC is a cotract motor based at Allscott Wellington ,thank you Trevor

Morning Trevor,
Thanks for the info mate, thought it looked like a BRS with that sleeper cab conversion, Pete

DEANB:
Always nice to see one of EEC quarries motors Pete ! Brings back memories of when i was a kid used to have a
quarry about 15 miles from where i lived.Were they taken over by Tarmac ■■

Heres another one !

Morning Gents,
Thanks for the comments regarding ECC,
Dean, thanks for the pic of the ERF, Cornish registered, Pete

That Tarmac 8 wheeler keeps popping up Pete,they must have had a plant nearby ! Heres one from a advert. :wink:

And another :smiley:

Morning Dean + Paul,
Thanks for the pictures,
Tarmac ran the quarry at Bayston Hill Shrewsbury, still operating but under what name I don’t know, lost track with all the mergers etc! Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

Morning Pete,this KV ERF was ex Blowers,JCK Ltd in Isle of Man restored it in their livery,it’s back int UK now but I don’t know where.

iomerf4.jpg

iomerf3.jpg

iomerf2.jpg

iomerf1.jpg

Chris Webb:

pete smith:

Morning Pete,this KV ERF was ex Blowers,JCK Ltd in Isle of Man restored it in their livery,it’s back int UK now but I don’t know where.

Morning Chris,
That would have been a regular visitor to Bayston Hill I reckon as well as Griggion Quarry I reckon, Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

Hello pete ,the ERF and drag with straw bales is Roger Davies of Cressage on the Much Wenlock road out of Shrewsbury , and yes Blowers ERF (they had 2) worked mostly out of Criggion ,thank you Trevor

tastrucker:

pete smith:

Hello pete ,the ERF and drag with straw bales is Roger Davies of Cressage on the Much Wenlock road out of Shrewsbury , and yes Blowers ERF (they had 2) worked mostly out of Criggion ,thank you Trevor

Morning Trevor,
Thank you for the info on the ERF, that would have been a slow climb from Cressage to Much Wenlock with a full load on!
As Chris mentioned the Blowers KV is back on the UK mainland, I hope the original registration number gets put back on it, Cheer’s Pete

Is the blue Seddon Alf Parry? Had a nice Strato on steelwork

This Seddon Atkinson 401 was operated by C M Krelle and Sons were based in Prescot near Liverpool.

A03874.JPG

A03871p.JPG

They also ran this ERF ‘A’ Series eight wheeler Reg No GEK 861N.