Roger pickering photo's

Another one of Starr Roadways Pete ! :wink:

A02313.JPG

DEANB:
Another one of Starr Roadways Pete ! :wink:

Morning Dean,
Thanks for the Starr photo, Pete

Lovely bit of roping and sheeting on that 8 legger ERF.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

pete smith:

FR Chetwynd Roadtrain from Llanarth nr Cardigan ,they were also hide and skin merchants ,regards Keith

newmercman:

He’d get a bollocking from Bewick , he should have sheeted over the headboard , lol

rigsby:

newmercman:

He’d get a bollocking from Bewick , he should have sheeted over the headboard , lol

If Dennis had said owt to me about not sheeting over headboard I’d have told him to do it hisen. :grimacing:

Chris Webb:

rigsby:

newmercman:

If Dennis had said owt to me about not sheeting over headboard I’d have told him to do it hisen. :grimacing:

Me too I’d tell old Denzil to knickers ,sheeting at a headboard on a rigid no chance . :unamused:

Punchy Dan:

Chris Webb:

rigsby:

newmercman:

Me too I’d tell old Denzil to knickers ,sheeting at a headboard on a rigid no chance . :unamused:

Same here, old Smiffy wouldn’t stand a chance against the four of us

Where are you Pete ? Have you fallen in a Roro or has Roger impounded you ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Edit Happy birthday m8 :smiley: , 49 :open_mouth: :laughing: :blush:

Seeing as Peter is otherwise unavailable at the moment thought i would keep the thread updated with a few old street scenes with plenty going on. :smiley:
Click on any picture to view it at full size.

Alexandra Rd Hulme Manchester

Cross St Market St Manchester

Westgate Huddersfield

Kings Cross Halifax

Upper Brook Street Manchester

Scunthorpe

Rotherham power station Greasborough Road

Looking south down the old dual carriageway Scotch Corner July 1970

Dover

Dover 1980

pete smith:

tastrucker:

pete smith:

Hello Pete ,that Scania Lloyd Jones ,looks if it could be ex T E Jones Nescliff,thank you Trevor

Hi Trevor,
I thought it may have been a T E Jones! Thanks for the info Mate, Pete

Hallo. that was my dads scania 111. it was ex Mansel davies had a grey cab with Mansel Davies. was painted in this colour when Dad bought it. Thanks for the great pics

Hi Pete. thanks for all the great pics on here. kept me quiet for a few hours bringing back memories. Nice surprise seeing dads Scania 111 here. spent a lot of time in the passenger seat of that. cheers Merfyn

Heres another army Foden Pete. :wink:

A00340.JPG

Satinex , That rings a bell i think every one drove for them mulltey drops London gave you 3 days, IIRC they were taken over by a fi rm called Modo then just disappeared ,just bit of usless info ,Cheers Barry

kingswinford kit:

pete smith:

FR Chetwynd Roadtrain from Llanarth nr Cardigan ,they were also hide and skin merchants ,regards Keith

Morning Keith,
Thank you for the info on the Roadtrain, Pete

moomooland:
Seeing as Peter is otherwise unavailable at the moment thought i would keep the thread updated with a few old street scenes with plenty going on. :smiley:
Click on any picture to view it at full size.
9Alexandra Rd Hulme Manchester
8 Cross St Market St Manchester
7Westgate Huddersfield
6Kings Cross Halifax
5Upper Brook Street Manchester
2Scunthorpe
0Rotherham power station Greasborough Road
1Looking south down the old dual carriageway Scotch Corner July 1970
4Dover
3Dover 1980

Morning Paul,
Thank you for posting those cracking road scenes, the Oliver Hart Octy has given that bus a good wack, looks like he has bent the trackrod on the first axle, Cheer’s Pete.

Punchy Dan:
Where are you Pete ? Have you fallen in a Roro or has Roger impounded you ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Edit Happy birthday m8 :smiley: , 49 :open_mouth: :laughing: :blush:

Morning Dan,
Thanks for the birthday wishes, left my phone at home, will ring you later on,
I have been out on the road last week doing holiday cover, couldn’t get a decent driver so had to make do with myself… all wise crack comments are most welcome!
I have been in Holmfirth for the week-end and yes Mr Webb I have enjoyed it, the beer is a bit over priced but it was Yorkshire! Cheer’s Pete

jonmea:
Hi Pete. thanks for all the great pics on here. kept me quiet for a few hours bringing back memories. Nice surprise seeing dads Scania 111 here. spent a lot of time in the passenger seat of that. cheers Merfyn

Morning Merfyn,
Glad you are enjoying the photo’s, there are just under 300 more to post, so hopefully there may be some more of T E Jones’s, I know DeanB has posted some of Jones’s on his Paul Gee Thread as well, Cheer’s Pete