Roger pickering photo's

5thwheel:

Chris Webb:

5thwheel:

Chris Webb:
Hi Pete,not 100% sure about this one but it has a FL Peterborough plate and is carrying some sort of flammable product going by the hazchem board. I reckon it’s one of Goodmans from Orton Longueville Peterborough,they did a lot of tar products out of the BSC Corby coking ovens to BSC Chemicals at Orgreave Sheffield. I think they were tied in with Midland Tar Distillers Oldbury,just summat that lit a leet in back of my memory bank. :grimacing:
I don’t think that particular vehicle was carrying crude tar,the tank is far too tidy for that. :smiley:

On the other hand I could be completely wrong……………………… :neutral_face:

…er,on the bottom of the picture it states “goodmans” Chris,just a comment!!

David

:laughing:
Aye it does David but only because I copied it to make a comment,I saved the pic as Goodmans and it’s captioned it as so. :smiley:

I just knew there was a salient reason Chris,apologies for my comment!

David

No need for apologies David,no problem mate. :slight_smile:

DEANB:
Another Texaco roadtrain.

Advert.

Morning Dean,
Thanks for the pic and the Brownhills Commercials advert, used to go in there as a kid with my Dad to pick up parts or to take one of the Leyland Bisons in for an engine rebuild, fixed head’s, I can remember the new vehicle stock and there were 3 or 4 Buffalo units parked and 2 of them had birds nests on the top of the engines! Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the info on the Roadtrain tanker Chris!

Morning Pete.
Isn’t the Leyland tipper in Leyland demo livery,it looks like the Leyland logo on front of wagon.
The flatbed has a 1982 Stoke on Trent plate,FA used to be Burton on Trent until 1974.

And apart from that I know sweet FA. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Foden tanker is Stamper from Culgaith,Penrith,I used to see them in Albright and Wilson at Whitehaven,but I think they also did milk haulage.

pete smith:

Pretty sure the constructor tipper is Francis Hughes from Four Crosses we used to look after his lorry at Wynnstay in the late eighties, early nineties,his reg number was B???FUJ

turbo ted:

pete smith:

Pretty sure the constructor tipper is Francis Hughes from Four Crosses we used to look after his lorry at Wynnstay in the late eighties, early nineties,his reg number was B???FUJ

It does look like FUJ on the plate Ted,and something about racing inside windscreen.

Chris Webb:
Morning Pete.
Isn’t the Leyland tipper in Leyland demo livery,it looks like the Leyland logo on front of wagon.
The flatbed has a 1982 Stoke on Trent plate,FA used to be Burton on Trent until 1974.

The Foden tanker is Stamper from Culgaith,Penrith,I used to see them in Albright and Wilson at Whitehaven,but I think they also did milk haulage.

The G.A. Stamper was Gordon Stamper who was the Uncle of Geoff Stamper of Brooklands Penrith. John Stamper based in Glasgow was the Brother of Gordon and father of Geoff. I’m not sure but I don’t think they were related to either the Dearham Stampers or the Kirkbride Stampers but no doubt a Marra may put us right. Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

Chris Webb:
Morning Pete.

The G.A. Stamper was Gordon Stamper who was the Uncle of Geoff Stamper of Brooklands Penrith. John Stamper based in Glasgow was the Brother of Gordon and father of Geoff. I’m not sure but I don’t think they were related to either the Dearham Stampers or the Kirkbride Stampers but no doubt a Marra may put us right. Cheers Bewick.

Was the Glasgow Stamper the one with maroon wagons Dennis,did a lot of steel haulage?

Bewick:

Chris Webb:
Morning Pete.

Cheer’s Dennis and Chris,

turbo ted:

pete smith:

Thanks Ted, Four Crosses village is now by passed!

The White road commander was probably the second largest seller after Mack trucks from the American
manufacturers. Heres a couple of adverts from the 70’s.

pete smith:

pv83:

DEANB:
I reckon that Volvo is one of Hayton Coulthard’s own motors chap.

They have a few old ones that they have restored which is nice to see.

Ooh that does look rather nice in the Coulthard livery Dean!

And where have you been hiding Whips? and don’t blame your work load either!

If not the work, how about being occupied by the lassies mate… :wink: can’t say no to a lady now can I…

pete smith:

pv83:
Dutch outfit indeed Pete, that’s one from the Ben Becker fleet, still going strong, the firm that is, not the Scanny :blush:

Smart outfit Patrick, do you keep your’s so tidy?

I’ll try to keep the interior spotless, never cared much how it looks on the outside mate, it’s a tool far as I’m concerned :laughing:

Bewick:

Chris Webb:
Morning Pete.

Were any of them first class Stampers Dennis?

ramone:

Bewick:

Chris Webb:
Morning Pete.

Were any of them first class Stampers Dennis?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

DEANB:
The White road commander was probably the second largest seller after Mack trucks from the American
manufacturers. Heres a couple of adverts from the 70’s.

Morning Dean,
Thank you for the White info, not my cup of tea American motors, but still seem to watch American Loggers and Highway thru Hell on TV!

pv83:

pete smith:

pv83:
Dutch outfit indeed Pete, that’s one from the Ben Becker fleet, still going strong, the firm that is, not the Scanny :blush:

Smart outfit Patrick, do you keep your’s so tidy?

I’ll try to keep the interior spotless, never cared much how it looks on the outside mate, it’s a tool far as I’m concerned :laughing:

Patrick,
So I have to keep my eye out for the dirtiest motor in the fleet then?
Have you been on the Harry Gill “dodge the vehicle wash” course?

pv83:

pete smith:

pv83:

DEANB:
I reckon that Volvo is one of Hayton Coulthard’s own motors chap.

They have a few old ones that they have restored which is nice to see.

Ooh that does look rather nice in the Coulthard livery Dean!

And where have you been hiding Whips? and don’t blame your work load either!

If not the work, how about being occupied by the lassies mate… :wink: can’t say no to a lady now can I…

How much and how long does the course of penicillin last?