Roger pickering photo's

Oily ACH aka Aston Clinton Haulage of FB, cheers Buzzer.

38430751_1936832036356145_499606963991085056_n.png

Buzzer:

I wonder how the J & H AEC got weevilled into that shot Buzzer ? Cheers Dennis.

ramone:
Not sure if its ok to put these on here I will remove them if its a problem. The first one is a row of Volvos with a F88 at the far end.
The second and third are of a scrapyard full of Rolls Royce and Bentleys , if those cars could talk they could tell some tales about the rich and famous :wink:

Wheres that scrapyard then “ramone” ?

Pete,seem to remember Eatons eight wheelers featuring in ERF adverts.

DEANB:

ramone:
Not sure if its ok to put these on here I will remove them if its a problem. The first one is a row of Volvos with a F88 at the far end.
The second and third are of a scrapyard full of Rolls Royce and Bentleys , if those cars could talk they could tell some tales about the rich and famous :wink:

It`s at Sherburn in Elmet Dean , i wonder if they go down the back seats when they get a car in , never know what you may find ? :wink:

ramone:

DEANB:

ramone:

It`s at Sherburn in Elmet Dean , i wonder if they go down the back seats when they get a car in , never know what you may find ? :wink:

Thanks “ramone” intresting place. :wink:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

I wonder how the J & H AEC got weevilled into that shot Buzzer ? Cheers Dennis.

J+H may be subbing a load off them Dennis, all motors look like they have same load on?
Cheer’s for the pic Buzzer, Pete

DEANB:

ramone:

DEANB:

ramone:

Thanks “ramone” intresting place. :wink:

Morning Dean/Ramone,
The only scrapyard I can think of in Sherburn is Mytum and Selby?
You always gave the car a good shake with the grab,dropped it a couple of times upside down, always got a couple of quid in change, the one lad got over £40 one day and cuts to most of his fingers from the windscreen glass!
Eatons motor’s did feature in some adverts Dean, very particular was Eatons, had “clear” tyres on the fork lifts so they did not mark the yard and talking to some of the lads from Jones’s, who carried out the maintenance work on the ERF’s, Eaton was a PITA!

pete smith:

tastrucker:

pete smith:

Hello Pete its the Leyland Octopus is Jack Jones Llansantffraid ,he used to haul feed for Wynstay farmers thank you Trevor

Hi Trevor,
Them Jack Jones’s lads never hung about! Cheer’s Pete

The octopus in the pic was VAW 941 S driven by Rocket Ron Hughes, I worked in the garage at Wynnstay from 1989 until 2011 and we looked after Russell jones fleet of bulk tippers . This truck was replaced by a roadtrain artic in the early nineties and the bloody thing was well worn by the time it went

turbo ted:

pete smith:

tastrucker:

pete smith:

Hello Pete its the Leyland Octopus is Jack Jones Llansantffraid ,he used to haul feed for Wynstay farmers thank you Trevor

Hi Trevor,
Them Jack Jones’s lads never hung about! Cheer’s Pete

The octopus in the pic was VAW 941 S driven by Rocket Ron Hughes, I worked in the garage at Wynnstay from 1989 until 2011 and we looked after Russell jones fleet of bulk tippers . This truck was replaced by a roadtrain artic in the early nineties and the bloody thing was well worn by the time it went

Hi Ted,
Thank you for the information, I can remember Jack Jones’s lads, you had to keep your elbows in as the never used to hang around!
One motor I can remember well was a Leyland Cruiser draw bar, it was in Wynnstays livery so not sure if it was Jack Jones’s or Wynnstay’s, used to see them at Rumenco at Burton and British salt at Middlewich, Cheer’s Pete

Chris Webb:

DEANB:
Always liked the colour scheme of Ferrymasters Pete. Were they taken over or did they finish ■■ :unamused:

P and O took them over Dean.

They’d been a P& O company for many years, though, and long before the “P&O Ferrymasters” branding: they were part of the ‘P&O Unit Loads’ division, along with Pandoro, and shared a head office in Altrincham.

i had a fortnight at that office in altrincham around 1973 or 4 , nearly choked to death on ■■■ smoke. i worked at desborough depot as a traffic operator, sent off to see how the 2 geezers in the trailer tracking dept got on .extremely happy to be back at desborough. as far as i know and remember it was always a p+o company.

Hi Pete,not 100% sure about this one but it has a FL Peterborough plate and is carrying some sort of flammable product going by the hazchem board. I reckon it’s one of Goodmans from Orton Longueville Peterborough,they did a lot of tar products out of the BSC Corby coking ovens to BSC Chemicals at Orgreave Sheffield. I think they were tied in with Midland Tar Distillers Oldbury,just summat that lit a leet in back of my memory bank. :grimacing:
I don’t think that particular vehicle was carrying crude tar,the tank is far too tidy for that. :smiley:

On the other hand I could be completely wrong……………………… :neutral_face:

goodmans.jpg

Chris Webb:
Hi Pete,not 100% sure about this one but it has a FL Peterborough plate and is carrying some sort of flammable product going by the hazchem board. I reckon it’s one of Goodmans from Orton Longueville Peterborough,they did a lot of tar products out of the BSC Corby coking ovens to BSC Chemicals at Orgreave Sheffield. I think they were tied in with Midland Tar Distillers Oldbury,just summat that lit a leet in back of my memory bank. :grimacing:
I don’t think that particular vehicle was carrying crude tar,the tank is far too tidy for that. :smiley:

I’d agree Chris far too clean to be carrying tar

rigsby:

DEANB:
Another one of H.Crabtree’s Fodens Pete.

Known locally as Crabbies Crawlers , lumbering up out of Chesterfield loaded with coal and a mile of traffic stuck behind . They were still running the Gardners long after everyone else had moved on .

My first motor as an O/D was a 7.5 tonner, I had a fairly regular job to to New Mills, just around the corner from Crabtree’s. I used to call in there looking for a back load every time I was around there without any luck, until one day they had an urgent couple of pallets that they were desperate to move. That was me in the door!! Every time I was anywhere near they would back load me for home, always a good rate and prompt payment. Even if I was in the Midlands I would back load from Crabtree’s. Great memories. Ps. my big mistake was not keeping the little motor. The biggest mistake was I sold it to buy a concrete mixer (Tarmac) a total bloody nightmare. Regards Kev.

Thank you Spud, Chris G, Chris W, Tony and Kevmac for all the comments and information, much appreciated, Pete.

Another Texaco roadtrain.

A03183p.JPG

Advert.

Chris Webb:

…er,on the bottom of the picture it states “goodmans” Chris,just a comment!!

David

5thwheel:

Chris Webb:

David

:laughing:
Aye it does David but only because I copied it to make a comment,I saved the pic as Goodmans and it’s captioned it as so. :smiley:

Chris Webb:

5thwheel:

Chris Webb:

David

:laughing:
Aye it does David but only because I copied it to make a comment,I saved the pic as Goodmans and it’s captioned it as so. :smiley:

I just knew there was a salient reason Chris,apologies for my comment!

David