Result from a "hoping to become" C+E driver

So happy to report a first time pass on Cat C yesterday :smiley:
Managed a shunt free reverse which was also a bonus! Carried that out accompanied by a wasp which flew into the cab just as I started the reverse!

Didn’t think I’d had any instant fail incidents but found it hard to tell during the test if I was racking up too many minors! Got 6 minors as it happens but a pass is a pass!

Found the training week harder work than I expected. I didn’t think it would be easy but it would appear that during my 30 years of car driving I’d developed a habit of coming out of gear & coasting up to junctions :blush: so I had to relearn my approach to junctions as well as learn a new gearbox system!

I did my training with CTTS Training in Bathgate & would highly recommend them…
cttstraining.co.uk/

Next step is agency work once I finish up my previous job & then hopefully C+E before the end of the year :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the help on here! It’s been an excellent source of advice & useful links.

Cheers!
JenS

:smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations, good luck on the job hunt.

Congratulations! I got attacked by wasps all through my training week and at the beginning of my test. Hate them! I don’t think the orange hi vis helped. Haha

Well done.
Best of luck with the future.
May have passed you was tipping in West Calder on Friday.
Passed a few CTTS vehicles throughout the day.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for all the comments!
I can’t wait to finish up my current work… Got a week to go! Planning on doing a mix of agency driving & also agency work with my current line of work.

Hayley293:
Congratulations! I got attacked by wasps all through my training week and at the beginning of my test. Hate them! I don’t think the orange hi vis helped. Haha

Think it was definitely the hi vis that attracted the wasp!

DF40:
Well done.
Best of luck with the future.
May have passed you was tipping in West Calder on Friday.
Passed a few CTTS vehicles throughout the day.

Could well have passed you… The start of my test route is a bit of a blur now but think I skirted round the Calders. I then went up to Kirknewton (luckily wasting a few mins of test time waiting at the level crossing!) Then through Balerno, Currie & onto the M8 for a bit before heading back to the test centre in Livingston. The time seemed to fly by!