Radio Stations

My first choice to listen to in the wagon is Radcliffe & Maconie on 6 music, but I download that on radio iPlayer on my phone. If I’m listening to regular radio, XS Manchester, Imagine FM, Radio city 2

lbc from 4am till 6.30am then onto radio x.luckly i have my own radio fitted pioneer DAB radio head unit so got a good wide selection to choose from.if nothing on i like put the usb in and have a good selection of rock and heavy metal albums to choose from from aerosmith to metallicas ozzy black sabbath.and new stuff from a 5 piece female jap rock band called band maid.was luckly enough to see them 2weeks ago at the only uk gig in london really enjoyable night.got def leppard this weekend.then february got ozzy then ■■■■■ week later.june got muse and metallica at man city ground then july off to milton keynes to see rammstien.hoping a few more will pop up like the slipknot boys and a few more

nomiS36:
I’ve been a loyal radio 2 listener for years but find myself listening to radio 4 a lot these days as, apart from ken Bruce, I get annoyed by all the presenters.
When I was doing the food delivering to ikea shops job a few years ago when doing the Dublin and Belfast shops I found a breakfast show I loved listening to. Standard stuff really, a bit dopey guy and more savvy funny female. It just worked for me, maybe the accent helped?? Anyway, I can’t remember the name of the station now. Anybody help with a station name to see if it’s on tunein?

Good chance that was RTE’s 2FM breakfast show

Eeyorre1:
My first choice to listen to in the wagon is Radcliffe & Maconie on 6 music, but I download that on radio iPlayer on my phone. If I’m listening to regular radio, XS Manchester, Imagine FM, Radio city 2

Would like tolisten to Maconie n radders (is he recovered from his health issues yet I wonder)■■,finest broadcasters around today imho.
Would you need a dab radio to access the show?

Stussy:
The tunein app is the best, then you can listen to thousands of stations and never get bored!
Find some little station from the middle of Australia for example, even the local news and adverts become interesting :laughing:

Try MMM Sydney from early afternoon its their nighttime…the Luke Bona talk show is epic, lots of Ozzie Truckies calling in and quite a lot of weirdos

I must be getting old, but i starred switching between Radio 2 and Radio 4 which is eventually World Service overnight when I’m awake. So essentially OJ Borg or WS most of the night.

R4 is tollerable most of the time beyond Archers, book at bedtime (unless non fiction), and a really annoying woman on Outlook. Dont have DAB or a CD player although got an FM transmitter & Amazon Prime.

I wonder if you can get KJCM online, you know:

This is Jack Killian, “The Nighthawk” on KJCM, 98.3 on your FM dial, and good night America… wherever you are

:wink:

Lbc is a good station especially 4.00 till 7.00 in the mornings. He thinks all truckers with neon lights are gay. Give it a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thunder367:
lbc from 4am till 6.30am then onto radio x.luckly i have my own radio fitted pioneer DAB radio head unit so got a good wide selection to choose from.if nothing on i like put the usb in and have a good selection of rock and heavy metal albums to choose from from aerosmith to metallicas ozzy black sabbath.and new stuff from a 5 piece female jap rock band called band maid.was luckly enough to see them 2weeks ago at the only uk gig in london really enjoyable night.got def leppard this weekend.then february got ozzy then ■■■■■ week later.june got muse and metallica at man city ground then july off to milton keynes to see rammstien.hoping a few more will pop up like the slipknot boys and a few more

. Lbc in the morning with Steve Alan is the best. Thinks all truckers are gay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to love DLT the hairy monster on the morning show, any remember April the 1st years ago he said he was transmitting from a helicopter and had to put a 2p coin on the needle to stop it bouncing off the turntable, he kept giving out his rough location so folks could look for him ( I was one of those looking ) LOL…
And Steve wright in the afternoon with his phone in friend Fred Crushwell the cinema manager.

My main radio station was from this LOL my last 15 years of driving Ken Wood came with me on every trip. rigpix.com/kenwood/ts690s.htm

Radio Caroline even ?
Radio Luxembourg ?