Night time radio?

Hi Guys,

Just starting my first nightshift in my driving career. Can anyone recommend a decent station (national and any between Brum and Manchester) to stimulate me a little? Talk radio and anything 70’s onwards is my particular bag.

Also besides counting cats eyes what keeps you awake?

Hi ho hi ho its off to bully we go, with shove and a kick and a beating from the mods big stick hi ho, hi ho, hi ho hi ho.:exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

seem to remember theres a good rock radio manchester way :slight_smile: Rock fm or something

Signal radio is pretty good around Stoke area, 102.6, can usually pick it up till around Manchester. For summat a bit different around Stoke as well, try 101.8 :stuck_out_tongue: :open_mouth: :wink:

Talksport with Ian Collins from 10 till 1 is usually pretty good :smiley:

That all depends on what you like, you have Rock FM 97.4 which is Preston based and play all modern stuff sometimes it is rather to much drum and bass others Fri night totally kicking…
You’ve got Century Now known as Real Radio 105.4 good coverage based at Salford Quays they play 80’s 90’s and noughties. Also stuff like Radio 4 BBC National I listen to this a lot as I often get sick of hearing the same old tripe on commercial stations, they play a lot of interviews from people around the world about different subjects, large range of stuff covered aswell as the beloved shipping forecast at 1 am. Then you have Five Live all night long similarISH to BBCr4 this can be found on BBC R Lanc’s after they close for the evening and you can learn a lot from this station also… Like I said it’s all about what you’re into also Key 103 similar to Real Radio, hope this helps and let us know what you decided to listen too.

As for keeping bright eyed I have a flask and travel mug of Tea and always have the window open about 3 inches. I find the heater WILL send me to sleep so don’t have it on too powerfull a setting but generally speaking just STOP if tired and get out and stretch your legs, go for a pee in serv’s whatever just don’t sit in the cab all night and make sure you have plenty of breaks this will help break :unamused: you inn.

Sorry for the pun :unamused: and Good Luck :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Lycanthrope:
seem to remember theres a good rock radio manchester way :slight_smile: Rock fm or something

106.1 Rock radio - Manchester. Signal reaches around junction 16 M6 stoke. Dont confuse it with that other tosh station Rock fm - Preston.

Smooth Radio does it for me.

Aren’t we all forgetting Alex Lester?!?!?!?! BBC R2 :sunglasses:

im a radio 2 man…ratcliffe and marconi about 2000…janice long…midnight till 0300…then alex lester

Night radio is crap…get an Ipod

get the Radio Times and reveiw radio pages good stuff on 4/world service overnight
not that i’m awake to hear them :smiley:

mikewhi:

Lycanthrope:

106.1 Rock radio - Manchester. Signal reaches around junction 16 M6 stoke. Dont confuse it with that other tosh station Rock fm - Preston.

That sounds like it :stuck_out_tongue: last time I heard it they had some strange adverts for charity, with some page3 girls and a bloke with a deep voice.

22:00 - 04:00 - mixture of CDs/Radio 2

04:00 - Finish - Radio 1. Anyone do the flash flash song with Greg James? :laughing:

Alex Lester is the only thing that spoils radio 2, he’s like that annoying kid at school who thinks he’s witty and all the time your thinking will you shut the ■■■■ up.
At the moment he’s going on about all the failures he’s had trying to find a girlfriend and who the ■■■■ is Fred Slippage.

Yes I must listen but it’s better listening to him than the awfull dirge that is comercial radio and the care in the comunitty that is talk sport and 5 not so alive.

5 live has gone right downhill in the last year or so. That idiot with his secret half hour needs a good kicking and Doton Adebayo or whatever his name is is just embarrasing.

The most annoying thing on Radio 2 is the bloody religeous crap they peddle everyday (pause for thought). if people want or need religeon then thats up to them, but PLEEEEEEEEASE stop ramming it down the throats of the rest of us.

magnumboy:

04:00 - Finish - Radio 1. Anyone do the flash flash song with Greg James? :laughing:

lol, every day

start at 3am, so im cds till 4am then its radio 1 all day tbh, weekends its radio 2 till about 7/8am

magnumboy:

lol, every day

start at 3am, so im cds till 4am then its radio 1 all day tbh, weekends its radio 2 till about 7/8am

magnumboy:

lol, every day