Night time radio?

magnumboy:
22:00 - 04:00 - mixture of CDs/Radio 2

04:00 - Finish - Radio 1. Anyone do the flash flash song with Greg James? :laughing:

lol, every day

start at 3am, so im cds till 4am then its radio 1 all day tbh, weekends its radio 2 till about 7/8am

magnumboy:
22:00 - 04:00 - mixture of CDs/Radio 2

04:00 - Finish - Radio 1. Anyone do the flash flash song with Greg James? :laughing:

lol, every day

start at 3am, so im cds till 4am then its radio 1 all day tbh, weekends its radio 2 till about 7/8am

i thourughly enjoy radcliffe and maconey on radio 2 every night between 8 and 10,however janice long plays some good stuff between 10 and 1 am.

talksport after10pm, later on radio 2 janice long till 3 then mr lester till 6,

For me its Radio 2 -janice then alex-good mix of chat and music-real good mix up of music too-have to turn it off when sarah k comes on though,think its because she just talks about herself :unamused:

:sunglasses: For the 70s its Smooth Radio around the Midlands 105.7 ( 70s at 7 then a general 60s/70s/80s mix through the night ) from M6 J 15 upwards it switches to 100.4 ( at midnight it switches to smooth intrumental jazz if that`s your thing ) :wink:

:sunglasses: 5 live after 7 if there`s sport on - Richard Bacon after 10 can be good somenights if the discussion topics are up your street :wink:

:open_mouth: Fridays thought from 7 its Radio 1 and Pete Tong ( you are the man ) till 9, then Judge Jules from 11-1, sorry i`m a 46 yr old Trance Head :blush: …I just got hooked on it for running and the gym…honest guv :exclamation:

Ex Haulier:
5 live has gone right downhill in the last year or so. That idiot with his secret half hour needs a good kicking and Doton Adebayo or whatever his name is is just embarrasing.

And I thought it was only me :open_mouth:

That “secret half hour” crap, with all those yogurt knitters + sixth formers ringing in, what CLOWNS, what pretenious clowns, FFS…

That Adebaye geezer, jesus christ what token ■■■■ he is :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

If I`m up that way at night, its Andy Peebles on SMOOTH, 21.00 - 24.00, the soul stuff from the 70s, are spine tingling, Talk Sport after from 22.00 with Ian Collins is good, and following on with Adrian Goldberg.

Motown + Northern with Radio Stoke, fridays from 19.00, till 21.00 IIRC, they play some good stuff.

Radio 4 for selected programes, especially the financial stuff + world affairs.

Radio Lancs for the sport in their region [football season]

davedastardly:
Hi Guys,

Just starting my first nightshift in my driving career. Can anyone recommend a decent station (national and any between Brum and Manchester) to stimulate me a little? Talk radio and anything 70’s onwards is my particular bag.

Also besides counting cats eyes what keeps you awake?

I can quite heartily recomend Radio 2 (sweet sweet Janice!), but if you like the odd doccumentary or current affairs programme then Radio 4 should do nicely.

As for keeping awake, it’s best to start your shift well rested, have plenty of tea or coffee to hand (I don’t really like the Red Bull type drinks, apart from the foul sweet taste, they give me heartburn), never miss the opportunity to get a bit of fresh air and stretch your limbs, if you’re stuck on a bay wating to tip, then get on the bunk and sleep. Above all, if you’re really biting it back big time then for God’s sake pull over somewhere safe and have a half hour ‘power nap’. It’s often the case that you’ll have your 45, and for whatever reason you can’t really relax, but 20 minutes on and it’s a whole different story. As you can I hope imagine, it’s better to do that than face the possible consequences…

Above all, enjoy the benefits of night driving, most of the muppets are safe in bed, so you can crack on and get done comfortably, the rates are or should be better, and about this time of year onwards you’ll get the sunrise and thats magic!

I must admit its been a while since i did any night work,
but in those days ( or nights ) it used to be MW 208. :unamused: :unamused: Older readers will remember.

Steve-o:
Aren’t we all forgetting Alex Lester?!?!?!?! BBC R2 :sunglasses:

Nope, I don’t think we are. :sunglasses:

Trucker beads, we get the message, honest! :grimacing:

I just flick through the stations til I find a song I like.