Questions concerning A34 wanted

BBC South would like to know what questions you have about the A34.
Known for long tailbacks, there have also been a number of high profile fatal crashes on the 62 mile route between Winchester to Bicester recently.
We’ll be putting some of your questions to a panel made up of representatives from interested parties and experts, who will also be debating the issues.
A selection of questions and answers will be published on the BBC News website and there’ll also be a special programme broadcast on BBC Radio Solent, Radio Berkshire and Radio Oxford at 09:00 on Tuesday 28 February.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-38910820

Had a few scares on that piece of road. Once was when the truck in front of me stood on his brakes because he came over the hill to meet up clowns on some really old bikes doing 30mph. Had no where to go so stood on my brakes too. IIRC he had not long overtaken me as I was only doing 52.

Are they ever going to leave it open overnight?

Captain Caveman 76:

Good point.

Captain Caveman 76:

It is, just not in the direction you’re going! :stuck_out_tongue:

My weekly runs are from Salisbury to Oxfordshire, I spend my time either avoiding the A34 or sitting on it praying there isn’t an accident. Coupled with the constant overnight closures and lay by closures making it difficult to get a break, it’s getting beyond a joke. Something needs to be done either build a new one, flatten out the roller coaster and traffic light the on ramps. But to many accidents now.