A34 Closed again

A34 closed southbound Abingdon area. Avoid!!!
Overturned truck :open_mouth:

What the hell is it about that stretch of roadā– ā– ?
Good job Iā€™m not heading that direction todayā€¦

DAF95XF:
What the hell is it about the drivers usingthat stretch of roadā– ā– ?

Sorted :slight_smile:
Is it always around the same spot or the same type of vehicle involved ā– ā– 

DAF95XF:
What the hell is it about that stretch of roadā– ā– ?

Car drivers mateā€¦

I donā€™t know why they donā€™t just put a set of traffic lights on the 34 & just close it for a minimum 4 hours every day !

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox ā€¦ e-31636866

speedyguy:

DAF95XF:
What the hell is it about the drivers usingthat stretch of roadā– ā– ?

Sorted :slight_smile:
Is it always around the same spot or the same type of vehicle involved ā– ā– 

A road that rolls like a scenic railway needs to be driven along a bit more carefully I reckonā€¦

Weā€™re all supposed to know better FFS.

How many of you canā€™t stand to sit behind a supermarket wagon going up the hills ā€œtoo slowlyā€ along the no 7.5t in second lane bit, and pull out?

I drive along there like itā€™s detling hill. When northbound, Iā€™m lugging paper or Fruit&Veg. If that makes me seem ā€œslowā€ as I approach crests of hills, then so be it.
Iā€™m not having a runaway situation downhill, especially with those actros crappy engine & exhaust brakesā€¦ The MAN dampening system of brakes works a lot better though, so I feel a lot safer driving one of those along there than the Actros unitsā€¦

Iā€™m glad the ā€œpeartree trenchā€ has been fixed though. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s a Box jockey with a container with HAZ on :open_mouth: Truck and trailer upright fire service to clear up before highways get their paws on it

twitter.com/tvprp?original_refe ā€¦ tweetembed

Just came round ƀ420, ƀ338, ƀ415 no probs. But then im spĆ©cialā€¦ :wink:
Also Ơ bit french by the look of this postƩ.

we are up and down there every night 5 days a week and never have a problem, i think i know where every pot hole is :laughing:

Winseer:
Iā€™m not having a runaway situation downhill, especially with those actros crappy engine & exhaust brakesā€¦

The Actros exhaust brake is about the best one out there if you use it properly :wink:

martinviking:
I donā€™t know why they donā€™t just put a set of traffic lights on the 34 & just close it for a minimum 4 hours every day !

Theyā€™re putting traffic lights on the Northbound approach to Jct 9 of the M40, how on earth they think that will help the traffic flow is beyond me.

Went past the accident this morning, Irish Premium having a little lie down. Nothing untoward coming home tonight where it happened, looks heā€™s run off the road a little and massively over corrected turning it over

nickyboy:

martinviking:

Theyā€™re putting traffic lights on the Northbound approach to Jct 9 of the M40, how on earth they think that will help the traffic flow is beyond me.

Went past the accident this morning, Irish Premium having a little lie down. Nothing untoward coming home tonight where it happened, looks heā€™s run off the road a little and massively over corrected turning it over

Probably Tang Waved and hit the steering wheel knob too hard.

burnley-si:
we are up and down there every night 5 days a week and never have a problem, i think i know where every pot hole is :laughing:

makes sense I suppose :wink:

Iā€™m popping down there in the morning, from the M40 to the A420/Swindon, around 06.00, then should be coming back up it around 14.00/15.00 ish, so could you all keep it straight & upright until Iā€™m at Bicester on my way home please. Thank You.

Todayā€™s A34 Traffic Report 05.20- between M40 & A420-
Everyoneā€™s managed to keep it straight.
No lorries ran off into a field.
No Jack Knifed Wagons.
No lorries on their side & the Reps in Audiā€™s arenā€™t up this early (They always leave it till the last moment anyway)

But itā€™s Early Days at the moment, itā€™s Friday & all the Container Boys n Gals havā€™nt finished Flat Footing & Tailgating back to Southampton yet. Lol.

nick2008:

burnley-si:

makes sense I suppose :wink:

it does as we run down in the day 530pm (day) ish and run back up at 10pm (evening/night) :wink: :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue: apart from a friday which is 2am tip

Report findings of the Tang Wavers Association Trust are;
Lorry veers onto grass verge following an over zealous Tang Wave to a Northbound V8, carrying 20 tons of steel and 25 tonnes of hanging meat.
Driversā€™ wallet chain gets tangled around the steering wheel knob, causing the lorry to overturn.
During the overturn, excrement runs out of the collar of the drivers Ben Sherman shirt.
Driver escapes serious injury when heā€™s hit by a spanish bulllfighting spear.
Debris from the collision strewn across A34 southbound includes most of the All Ride product list, and typically the Premiumsā€™ flimsy interior.
Dangerous chemicals found were in fact a mixture of Guinness, Murphys and a collection of expensive polish obtained from various Truckfests.

Report compiled by B. Jesus.

Muckaway:
Report findings of the Tang Wavers Association Trust are;
Lorry veers onto grass verge following an over zealous Tang Wave to a Northbound V8, carrying 20 tons of steel and 25 tonnes of hanging meat.
Driversā€™ wallet chain gets tangled around the steering wheel knob, causing the lorry to overturn.
During the overturn, excrement runs out of the collar of the drivers Ben Sherman shirt.
Driver escapes serious injury when heā€™s hit by a spanish bulllfighting spear.
Debris from the collision strewn across A34 southbound includes most of the All Ride product list, and typically the Premiumsā€™ flimsy interior.
Dangerous chemicals found were in fact a mixture of Guinness, Murphys and a collection of expensive polish obtained from various Truckfests.

Report compiled by B. Jesus.

lol :grimacing:

Muckaway, that is the funniest post of the year, but you forgot the dealer boots.
The accident would not have happened if the driver had been wearing a hiviz covered in fifth wheel grease.
Think of the children please.