Put thee feet up......

Just thinking about what Minnie Mouse said before. :smiley: ( not the knowall idiot bit btw :laughing: )

I would reckon that if you are driving 9 hours a day in the style you did when you were learning, as we all did, ie. sat bolt upright, hands at 10 to 2, nose touching windscreen (high viz and earpiece a la Agency :smiley: ā€¦Iā€™m jokingā€¦ :smiley: )
I would think that has got to be more stressful and tiring than driving in a comfortable positionā€¦ok, seriously I donā€™t spend 45 hours or so driving with my foot on the dash :unamused:, (but tbf you donā€™t use your left foot in an auto as someone says, and it is very comfortable in a left ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  as well with the wind blowing up your shorts :smiley: .)

Anyway it has worked for me, and if what matey says is true andā€¦'ā€˜Iā€™m an idiotā€™ :laughing: :laughing: then Iā€™ve been a lucky idiot for a long time.

but it has got to be less tiring than the other way has it not??
No?

Ok, itā€™s just me then. :blush: :smiley:

Have we clarified that the leg in question wasnā€™t a prosthetic limb resting on the dash.
A mate of mine has a plastic leg and real foot.

PaulNowak:

robroy:
Which bit are you intending grassing him up for exactly?
The crap driving or the fact he had his seat right back relaxingā€¦etc etc.
Not a fan or practitioner of ā– ā– ā– ā–  poor driving, but if itā€™s the latter you object to, you best grass me up as well then. I drive with seat back, lounging, shoes off, and been known to have foot on dash before now.
Never been a one to have nose to screen gripping the wheel for dear life, with hands at 10 to 2 tbh, done ok so far with no probs.
As for his driving, if he didnā€™t ditch you, knock your mirror off, cut in on you, or whatever, I would respectfully suggest you just let him get on with it mate.

^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^
+1ā€¦says it all.
worry about it after the carnage,then lie and denyā€¦auto+cruise controlā€¦lie back and enjoy the rideā€¦gives you more time to lookout for plod when your on the mobile ,hence the peekaboo curtainsā€¦ :wink:

Dipper_Dave:

:laughing:

Dipper_Dave:
Have we clarified that the leg in question wasnā€™t a prosthetic limb resting on the dash.

I saw what you did thereā€¦ :wink:

its always more interesting when the passengers foot is on the dash,preferably when the other one is on the bottom bunkā€¦(this does not apply to willi betz trucks)ā€¦ :open_mouth:

maga:
you only need one foot if its an automatic :smiling_imp: :wink:

When you think about it they are all amateurs.The safety benefits of auto and cruise control should theoretically mean the ability to sit with both feet across the cab but not so much as to cause neck ache trying to look sideways through the screen.Assuming any need to look ahead anyway with the collision avoidance system activated.While swivelling driver seats would obviously be a considerate addition to facilitate that.While staying in lane 2 at all times obviously avoids any need to use the offside mirrors. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Seriously the only thing I can remember similar was a big hole being kicked through the front cab interior lining panel of a Merc 2534 to allow some more leg and feet room having seemed to be designed for dwarfs. :laughing:

dieseldog999:

PaulNowak:

robroy:
Which bit are you intending grassing him up for exactly?
The crap driving or the fact he had his seat right back relaxingā€¦etc etc.
Not a fan or practitioner of ā– ā– ā– ā–  poor driving, but if itā€™s the latter you object to, you best grass me up as well then. I drive with seat back, lounging, shoes off, and been known to have foot on dash before now.
Never been a one to have nose to screen gripping the wheel for dear life, with hands at 10 to 2 tbh, done ok so far with no probs.
As for his driving, if he didnā€™t ditch you, knock your mirror off, cut in on you, or whatever, I would respectfully suggest you just let him get on with it mate.

^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^
+1ā€¦says it all.
worry about it after the carnage,then lie and denyā€¦auto+cruise controlā€¦lie back and enjoy the rideā€¦gives you more time to lookout for plod when your on the mobile ,hence the peekaboo curtainsā€¦ :wink:

Cheers bud, but that aint exactly what I said,ā€¦or meant, but I will hold my hands up to the peek a boos. :blush: :smiley:
Iā€™m getting enough stick as it is, so Iā€™ll just distance myself from your last bit. :laughing:

On the autoroutes with no jams, light traffic ect ill have the crocs off with a foot on the dash, no harm done. Aircon on full blast up the shorts is heavenā€¦ :grimacing:

fatboystu1:
I was coming down from Gateshead to leeds on the A1 late on this morning. Going through the road works between Barton and Leeming, in the inside lane doing 45/46 mph with a couple of cars in front of me when an artic comes tanking past in the outer lane. Now this mildly wound me up as it states width restrictions regularly on the lanes through the road works.

Not all the way any more. The restriction no longer applies through the full roadworks southbound and ends just a couple of miles south of where the bridge work is going on at Catterick where you now go on the new opened up section of the A1M. Basically once youā€™ve got to Marne Barracks the width restriction no longer applies.

Who was the more dangerous driver, him or someone who canā€™t see a massive 8ft x 6ft yellow sign?

Instead of paying attention to what he was doing maybe youā€™d have been better focussed on reading the roadsigns which have a newly added plate under the bottom of the width restriction signs saying how long they now last for. You clearly missed the last one where it says it no longer applied.

the nodding donkey:
Christā€¦ if they could have seen us 20+ years ago. ā€¦ rolling a ā– ā– ā– . Drinking coffee. Talking on the cb. Feet on dash. Eating a sandwich. Changing the station on an analog radioā€¦

Using the fast idle pull out knob as cruise control on a Scannyā€¦ :wink:

Conor:

fatboystu1:
I was coming down from Gateshead to leeds on the A1 late on this morning. Going through the road works between Barton and Leeming, in the inside lane doing 45/46 mph with a couple of cars in front of me when an artic comes tanking past in the outer lane. Now this mildly wound me up as it states width restrictions regularly on the lanes through the road works.

Not all the way any more.

Who was the more dangerous driver, him or someone who canā€™t see a massive 8ft x 6ft yellow sign?

:laughing: I love it when an o/p does not get the perceived reaction.

Anyway where tf is Mickey Mouseā€¦, Iā€™ve learned my lesson, I wonā€™t put my foot up again promise, So PLEASE can I remove this ā– ā– ā– ā–  spike from my seat, itā€™s been a day and a half now, itā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā–  painful and it aint doing my Farmers any favours either. :neutral_face:

Sorry, I didnā€™t get the perceived reaction? I posted a question at the end of the post, Iā€™ll repeat it in case you missed it. Is this an acceptable style of driving or should I just ā– ā– ā– ā–  it up?

According to some on here it is and according to others it isnā€™t. Spoke to the other lads at work and they agree with me and others on here that itā€™s not acceptable and tantamount to dangerous driving as youā€™re not in full control of your vehicle. So Iā€™ll ask another question. If plod goes past you and youā€™ve got youā€™re foot/feet on the dash do you keep them there coz youā€™re the man or do you whip them down quickly because you know deep down that itā€™s wrong?

As for the signage on the A1 through the road works Iā€™ll have a look tomorrow as I come back down. But canā€™t say Iā€™ve notices any through the road works that say the lane width restrictions have come to an end or have time variants on them. But unlike some Iā€™m prepared to be corrected if Iā€™m wrong. As for that spike up your arseā€¦keep it there it suits you :wink:

the nodding donkey:
Christā€¦ if they could have seen us 20+ years ago. ā€¦ rolling a ā– ā– ā– . Drinking coffee. Talking on the cb. Feet on dash. Eating a sandwichā€¦

What you on about 20+ years ago? I did all that today. :open_mouth:

fatboystu1:
Sorry, I didnā€™t get the perceived reaction? I posted a question at the end of the post, Iā€™ll repeat it in case you missed it. Is this an acceptable style of driving or should I just ā– ā– ā– ā–  it up?

According to some on here it is and according to others it isnā€™t. Spoke to the other lads at work and they agree with me and others on here that itā€™s not acceptable and tantamount to dangerous driving as youā€™re not in full control of your vehicle. So Iā€™ll ask another question. If plod goes past you and youā€™ve got youā€™re foot/feet on the dash do you keep them there coz youā€™re the man or do you whip them down quickly because you know deep down that itā€™s wrong?

As for that spike up your arseā€¦keep it there it suits you :wink:

1.Didnā€™t miss it mate, so no need.

2.Acceptable to some but not to others.

1. Not interested in driver style unsubstantiated opinion, rather stick to facts

2. Keep IT up.
    (not ā€˜themā€™ as that WOULD be unarguably dangerous.)
    Donā€™t consider myself ā€˜the manā€™ and afaik there is no written law against it, however if pulled I would stand corrected, but think the absolute worse case scenario would be a caution.

Iā€™ve obviously ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  you mate, not my intention, however maybe came across a bit arsey towards you as Iā€™m not keen on self appointed Traffic Police, but my first answer to you WAS polite.

Spike removed btw. :wink:

Nah youā€™ve not ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  me off I can come across a bit direct sometimes, Iā€™m not one to sit on the fence. I can take banter as good as the next person and you wouldnā€™t believe the level needed to achieve to offend me so no worries :smiley:

The spike did suit you though but I can empathise if itā€™s giving your farmers some grief :smiley:

Alls well that ends well and tomorrow is another day.

fatboystu1:
Nah youā€™ve not ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  me off I can come across a bit direct sometimes, Iā€™m not one to sit on the fence. I can take banter as good as the next person and you wouldnā€™t believe the level needed to achieve to offend me so no worries :smiley:

The spike did suit you though but I can empathise if itā€™s giving your farmers some grief :smiley:

Alls well that ends well and tomorrow is another day.

:smiley: Yeh, spot on mate.

the nodding donkey:
Christā€¦ if they could have seen us 20+ years ago. ā€¦ rolling a ā– ā– ā– . Drinking coffee. Talking on the cb. Feet on dash. Eating a sandwich. Changing the station on an analog radioā€¦
Finding your way around with a map on the steering wheelā€¦

You [zb] donā€™t know youā€™re born.

:laughing: well fā€™'king said that man still do it now never mind yonks a go :smiley: all the newby drivers that have bean brain washed by the cpc mob and the bosses blue eyed trainers they will soon lern that there is a easy wayto do it :unamused: :unamused:

wirksworth rod:

the nodding donkey:

:laughing: well fā€™'king said that man still do it now never mind yonks a go :smiley: all the newby drivers that have bean brain washed by the cpc mob and the bosses blue eyed trainers they will soon lern that there is a easy wayto do it :unamused: :unamused:

:sunglasses: ps i can roll a ā– ā– ā–  within 200 yards on a motorway who caan better that :laughing: :laughing:

wirksworth rod:

the nodding donkey:

To be fair the o/p is a new driver.
The bit about the ā€˜driver trainerā€™ not liking it kind of amused me, also.
Has he got authority over the experienced drivers (maybe more than he has himself) or just the newbies.

Donā€™t know about you guys, but I wouldnā€™t be too keen on some theorist who has maybe a couple of years limited experience in the job telling me how and how not to driveā€¦even if I was in the wrong.

One of our 2 trainers starts on at me when I go I sign my monthly overspeed retraining letter. The other one just scrubs my name off the list and tells me to consider myself bollocked. Apparently I should spend more time looking at my speedo, and less at breasts.

Our old trainer was bob on. Been doing the job for years. ā€œDonā€™t smoke within 5 miles of the yard, someone will always spot youā€ he also taught me how to reverse.

Sent using smoke and mirrors.