Foot in the door!

Well guys im happy to announce that im getting to prove myself after holding my class 2 for 2months :grimacing:
A local firm that do the argos home deleveries need a few days cover as 1 of the drivers is heading on hols, the company left it up to the driver to find the cover and he rung my dad, my dad told them he couldnt do it as hes a fulltime asda driver so he passed it onto me.
I was more than happy at the offer so a quick check with their insurance to make sure it covers under 25s and hey presto ive got 3days with them and it fits in perfect around my f/t job on the gatehouse at a local RDC. Im praying things go to plan and it’ll be a more regular thing! Im in a total state of shock they are even allowing me the oppertunity as their fulltime driver have to have minimum 5 years experience(Yes 5 years!!!)

Some people may find this post a bit over the top but ive wanted to drive hgvs since i was no height and to finally get a chance has made my day!!!

Chris_NI:
Some people may find this post a bit over the top but ive wanted to drive hgvs since i was no height and to finally get a chance has made my day!!!

Not at all mate, we know how hard it is to get that foot in the door, well done with it, hope it works out well for you and leads to bigger and better things

Good for you Chris :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hey presto ive got 3days with them and it fits in perfect around my f/t job on the gatehouse at a local RDC.

Magic! Really pleased for you. Just be carefull with your hours if you’re doing 2 jobs for a while.

Very best of luck - - and well done :laughing: :laughing:

It’s very encouraging how many newbies are getting a crack at a job, the economy must be on the up

Cheers for the advice Peter. Cheers for the well done’s guys. A need the work cos id say my phone bill is gunna be huge now ive rung around everybody i know to tell them lol