At last!!

Hi everyone i been really struggling to get into full time employment sending out c.v’s knocking on doors all over the place i am a newly qualified driver only having my class 2 for just about a year now and only been 24 which hasnt made it easy. But i have finally been taken on somewhere i applyed for the job tuesday got a interview wednesday and was offered the job later on the same day. I start next week which means,no more knock backs, no more worrying about has it all been worth it or have i been wasting my time it has all paid off and iam over the moon and really loooking forward to it :slight_smile:. I can also start saving for my class 1 now which am even more happy about :slight_smile:

thanks and kind regards ste

Great news mate! (especially at this time of year when it’s quiet most places!)

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Well done you

Is it local to you :question: or are you having to travel far :question:

Well done ste_leeson

It is hard as a new driver, especially being under 25. Im 23 and found it hard to get my foot in the door. Found work through agencies which is usually the only way forward. And this time of the year agencies are dead quiet. Luckily im out of that now.

Congratulations mate and all the best in your new job

Ben

Local its about 3miles from my home lol and thanks for the great comments il keep yas posted how my 1st run goes tuesday :slight_smile: hopefully all good lol

Well done shows persistence pays off

Well done Ste, hope all goes well next week, stay cool :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hi Ste,

Just read your post about the new job! :smiley:

Excellent news mate. Well done! :sunglasses:

I hope all has gone well so far.

Nice one. Good news! :smiley:

well im 24 on monday and im starting a new class one job i think if you want full time employment find the smaller transport companys not your big names i think there more understanding and go into them dont phone let them see your face they can see how eager you are then :exclamation: :wink:

Well done and all the best with the new job. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

All the best with the new job, hope all runs smoooth :slight_smile:

Hi all sorry am only posting this now but been really busy with the new job. Am really loving it tbh evryones really helpfull, thanks for all your posts saying good luck

cheers ste :slight_smile:

Congratulations on the new job sound like you doing well to, glad your enjoying it :smiley:

jen x

hey yeh am loving it thanks :slight_smile: after my 1st week i no where all the depots are now for my drops, am still getting use to the lorry am driving, but that part of driving blind not noing where am going has gone haha. I watch the lads in the artics n cant wait to get my class 1 but 1 step at a time lol am gunna start saving for that in a few months after getting abit more time of driving class 2 under my belt. What you think ? any advice would be helpfull :slight_smile:

cheers ste

Congrats on your new job mate.

You said that you watch the other lads on artics, do you mean you see them at your drops or your company also runs artics?

If they are running artics you’ll be sorted. Have a chat with your TM and when you pass C+E he’ll probably give you a shot on them. Maybe not straight away but you’ll already be in the right place to get the opportunity.

Congrats again, its always good to get your self started!

just the other lads at my drops mate our company dont have any artics (yet) fingers crossed, they make it look very easy backing on to bays aha and when am on a bay next to the artics i feel very small lmao

I know what you mean mate, I used to feel the same when I was on a bay next to an artic :smiley:

I’ve have a couple of days work on artics recently and reversing is hard there’s no denying that. However you do quickly get used to how the trailer reacts when turning the wheel. Just like everything it does get easier.

congrats gd job :slight_smile: