Beware out there

youtu.be/TeFMkbU-zno all the people who like driving with there foot on the dash and playing with phones there clamping down hard on it now.

One of Malcolm’s daft wee Volvos. Can’t blame the driver where else is he going to put his leg.

I get the fact he is apparently looking at and possibly texting on his phone as cause for concern but not quite getting why they make an issue of where he has put his foot.

dox:
I get the fact he is apparently looking at and possibly texting on his phone as cause for concern but not quite getting why they make an issue of where he has put his foot.

Exactly. The other foot is going to be on the floor anyway and just touching the brakes cancels the cruise…a non issue…

AndrewG:

dox:

Exactly. The other foot is going to be on the floor anyway and just touching the brakes cancels the cruise…a non issue…

Are you for real■■? :open_mouth:

How about being a professional driver and being in control of his vehicle. With one foot away from the pedals and one hand on the phone, is he really in control of it.

I think not.

If that is how you drive then thank ■■■■ you drive on the continent.

AndrewG:

dox:

+1
no probs,i do it all the time…
the only time i dont do it is when my socks have more holes in them than a 2nd man for willi betz.
its more interesting trying to brake using the left foot for a while…wakens you up a bit to say the least… :slight_smile:

madmackem:

AndrewG:

dox:

Are you for real■■?

Absolutely… :grimacing: In general most have two feet, either one will work the brake pedal and as soon as its touched the cruise is off, hes got his hands on the wheel and apart from if hes actually using the phone hes in control, as said, a non issue…

he was probably just waiting on his socks to dry on the heater…

youtube.com/watch?v=ieksfmCbBFY

Loss of licence for a month points and fine should cure that

madmackem:

AndrewG:

dox:

How about being a professional driver and being in control of his vehicle. With one foot away from the pedals and one hand on the phone, is he really in control of it.

I think not.

If that is how you drive then thank [zb] you drive on the continent.

A massive +1

Dr Damon:

madmackem:

AndrewG:

dox:

I think not.

A massive +1

Car driver at it again… :stuck_out_tongue:

He may well be in control of the vehicle, but if you don’t notice someone alongside you pointing a camera at you, as they drift back and forth past your window, you’ve failed the awareness test. These cop trucks are a very easy thing to spot.

If he was on his phone its a issue.

The foot is for me a non event, on a motorway you dont even need one foot never mind two.

Eyes+hands+truck electronics and thats all you need once above 30kmh.

madmackem:

AndrewG:

dox:

I think not.

Jesus climb down from your hysteria tree with regards to the foot vehicle would have been an auto with 2 pedals, he could have cut off his left leg and left it at home for the day and still been in control of the vehicle, as for the phone no sympathy there

This country is a joke. Like resting your foot on dash is dangerous. Next they’ll be wanting glazed does so they can check where our feet are. If I were that driver id be heading to court

Cosmic:
He may well be in control of the vehicle, but if you don’t notice someone alongside you pointing a camera at you, as they drift back and forth past your window, you’ve failed the awareness test. These cop trucks are a very easy thing to spot.

This too