Private hire

jamieh1990:
I’ll just put it in. I only work 4 days anyway and I’ll speak to the boss at work so when I download my card at the end of my week he will know why and what else I’ve been driving.

Assuming it won’t affect the 48 hour average week that would be your best option in my opinion.

jamieh1990:
I did a Cpc course other week and it was on about lost and stolen cards and I would have to ring up and get a code from Dvsa to say it’s been reported and I can still drive so I’m guessing I would get asked for the code.

More misinformation being put out on a DCPC course I’m afraid.:

If a driver card is lost/stolen or faulty you can drive for 15 days without it, the driver must report the problem to DVLA and apply for a new card within seven calendar days.

edit: The DCPC trainer may not have been talking nonsense after-all, it depends on how you read this article.

Is the 48 hour driving hours average or working time average?

jamieh1990:
Is the 48 hour driving hours average or working time average?

48 hours working time per week averaged over the reference period.

Sent from my mobile.

jamieh1990:
All this for a few bales of hay!

Exactly !
How much is he saving by hiring in a truck, and getting you to do a favour against the cost of company doing the job?
Im assuming it is just to save money, and there isnt another reason for all this palaver.
He did do a good ring around to get some quotes I hope.

Franglais:

jamieh1990:
All this for a few bales of hay!

Exactly !
How much is he saving by hiring in a truck, and getting you to do a favour against the cost of company doing the job?
Im assuming it is just to save money, and there isnt another reason for all this palaver.
He did do a good ring around to get some quotes I hope.

I carnt answer those questions. If he has or hasn’t I don’t really care. Just want to know if I’ll be legal or not.
I’m guessing to be hiring his own truck it will be working out cheaper otherwise me knowing him, he wouldn’t be doing it.

If you’re carrying bales of hay on a flat bed don’t forget to make sure he/you have got enough straps to secure the load before you go, how embarrassing would it be to realise after the lorry was loaded that you can’t secure the load :grimacing:

tachograph:
If you’re carrying bales of hay on a flat bed don’t forget to make sure he/you have got enough straps to secure the load before you go, how embarrassing would it be to realise after the lorry was loaded that you can’t secure the load :grimacing:

Bit more expense there then.
Unless the rented truck comes with straps? Or Jamie borrows the straps?
I still wonder how it works out economically viable, but that’s not the questions being asked.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

He already has the straps and sheets for the load. I’ll still take a dozen from work though and drop them back off after I have finished with him. He hasn’t got back to me anyway about it yet so not sure what’s happening. He need to let me know soonish otherwise I’ll be picking the shift up at work on bank holiday Friday £££

Franglais:

tachograph:

Bit more expense there then.
Unless the rented truck comes with straps? Or Jamie borrows the straps?
I still wonder how it works out economically viable, but that’s not the questions being asked.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Like I said before. When It comes to screwing down to the last penny he wont do it unless it will benefit him. And I think it’s more a case of letting customers go else were than money. Sometimes he has to take a small loss on the chin. Rather than letting them go to a different seller.