Portsmouth/Fareham Companies

Buzzer:
Hi RTD did the company below evolve from Marsh’s or the other way round summit rings a bell here or am I barking, Buzzer

John,
Bob Marsh later went on to become roteam so yes you are right

I would assume that MMD Merc had been driven like that due to trade plate being on the grille!

gazzer:
I would assume that MMD Merc had been driven like that due to trade plate being on the grille!

Probably, imagine doing that nowadays

gazzer:

Hi Gary,

No it was rear end lifted on the back of a breakdown truck,maybe Spartrucks one.

Hope the sun is shining in Spain.

Regards
Richard

my dads lorry Tony Stevens YGK473G down at Ready mix Fareham plant mid 70s.with a few of the drivers the yard was owned by Lucketts of fareham next door

hi all, truckworld i drove the loading shovel in that yard around 1972 before going to drive for Lucketts. Sid Minns was the batcher then, he had a accident got run over i think ended up with a pin in his leg and a really bad limp. a nice bloke but a bit short tempered. :sunglasses:

hi all, truckworld i drove the loading shovel in that yard around 1972 before going to drive for Lucketts. Sid Minns was the batcher then, he had a accident got run over i think ended up with a pin in his leg and a really bad limp. a nice bloke but a bit short tempered. :sunglasses:

Me again, forgot to say i pulled a few eagleway trailer’s a bit later as well when i worked for Ror Muscato in Petersfield he was friend’s with someone today with eagleway i think they both worked for Percy Powel year’s back. :sunglasses:

CFAT

A9A5978C-5141-4A00-A64E-3A4DD2151F39.jpeg

EW

The best boss i ever had Mick Ansell he new the haulage industry inside out.

Nmp

CFAT

robthedog:
Nmp

JAA494 Dennis Max if I remember rightly ended its days in Hills of Botley fleet on farm/milk collection.

truckworld:
The best boss i ever had Mick Ansell he new the haulage industry inside out.

That is a great comment about Mick Ansell. I first met Mick early in 1970, around the time that I started at
Robert Baillie & Co Ltd, I was based at their Wigan depot, and Baillies had just taken over Percy Powell Ltd
and started to occupy the depot at Rowlands Castle Road at Horndean. I still speak to Mick occasionally.

Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Eagleway DAF.

eagleway13 ppg.PNG.jpg

Hi all, I didn’t think you could repost someone else’s pictures robthedog without asking first. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, I didn’t think you could repost someone else’s pictures robthedog without asking first. :sunglasses:

Speak to Buzzer he’s your man he knows all about that
PS is it copyrighted ?