dover hauliers

Greetings to everyone
Im a first timer here and a someone who knew Steve back in the 70’s just before he started with Trucks.
Im sorry to say Steve was involved in a tragic accident, you can read it here kentonline.co.uk/medway/news … ped-32551/

Steve and I used to play in a band together in the mid 70’ when we were still teenagers he was such a great guy and happy soul, he didnt deserve to go out that way.

kind regards
Tony.

Does anyone have any tales or pictures to do with any hauliers from the dover area from the 70’s,8o’s and the 90’s please.
For example,husk of dover,laser,(who i work for now)coombe valley transport,mpa traction,ajd,m and j wood transport,white trux,salvatori,b j walton,euro traction,traction gb,les blackmore,george lunn,charlwood,steetley (in husk yard at lydden,early 80’s).
thanks.

Hi Propa lorry,what about dockspeed and there is another one that escapes me at the moment i will try and think of them.Paul

so many companies not there no more, worked for Robert Int at sandwich then John Dee eurofreight at the old jewsons yard thats now a retail outlet carpark
most of the companies mentioned on traction work with steel down to south wales and the midlands or for Danzas,norbert,ferrymasters or MAT trpt
all sat in the wheelhouse waiting for their trailers to clear customs at 2 am on a monday morning

One of the best jobs i had was with Taft at Manston. Got on very well with Alison and Andrea in the office and was pretty much left to my own devices, they always seemed to value my opinion as well.
Paris - Brussels on a weekend, Frankfurt during the week.
Happy days.

Must mention Clan International who were great, and working for Neville in Dover was a good crack.

Hell yeah, I remember that lot. Worked for as bent a b’stard as you can imagine out of Ramsgate. Norman Steele he reckoned his name was. Outside of that I knew Micky White and a few of the others. Worked for Micky briefly but to be right he was a typical southerner, more interested in money than owt else. Dropped him after a few weeks.

I just found these in my Big Cardboard Box if they are any use to you…

Thanks Derf… Can you put that in writing mate ?
Happy Christmas to you… and a Great 2010 !!
Regrds
Neville.

Neville:
Thanks Derf… Can you put that in writing mate ?
Happy Christmas to you… and a Great 2010 !!
Regrds
Neville.

ummm… it’s an internet forum, it’s already in writing!
Merry Christmas to you, Kevin, Robin and all at Heritage.

postman paul:
Hi Propa lorry,what about dockspeed and there is another one that escapes me at the moment i will try and think of them.Paul

oh yeah,how could i forget,my first driving job,was there for 2 years,ended up with M575 MKJ,lovely 113,left there when i was 22 to work for coombe valley doin flats out o dover n ramsgate,the sheets were always layin next to the trailer,poxy kermits cant rope n sheet for toffee.
Anyway dockspeed,i was highest earning uk driver at one point,then got promoted to continental,ran bent as hell,good ol wire,could go on about dockspeed for ages,theyre still goin but are just agents now.

john od:
so many companies not there no more, worked for Robert Int at sandwich then John Dee eurofreight at the old jewsons yard thats now a retail outlet carpark
most of the companies mentioned on traction work with steel down to south wales and the midlands or for Danzas,norbert,ferrymasters or MAT trpt
all sat in the wheelhouse waiting for their trailers to clear customs at 2 am on a monday morning

Yes i remember robert international,had some nice motors,and remember john dee by the roundabout on townwall street,and yes its a trendy and pants outlet now,also corral’s old wharf at the next roundabout is long gone,just a car park now,my grandad drove for them.
I remember the wheelhouse also with the ■■■■■ films on,bit of a surprise for an eleven year old at the time,me dad wernt impressed tho,ha ha,sadly all gone now.

Derf:
One of the best jobs i had was with Taft at Manston. Got on very well with Alison and Andrea in the office and was pretty much left to my own devices, they always seemed to value my opinion as well.
Paris - Brussels on a weekend, Frankfurt during the week.
Happy days.

Must mention Clan International who were great, and working for Neville in Dover was a good crack.

I forgot about clan,they still goin,based at husk’s at lydden,jus plain white m.a.n’s now.

Harry Monk:
I just found these in my Big Cardboard Box if they are any use to you…

!(http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/margamatix/scan0015.jpg[/im
nice pix,thanks)

propa lorry:
I forgot about clan,they still goin,based at husk’s at lydden,jus plain white m.a.n’s now.

They had plain white Daf’s when i used to help them out.
Taft International are still going as well, although don’t think they do airfreight anymore. They don’t run left-hookers anymore either. Although not the newest or shinyest motor in and out of Heathrow or Frankfurt, my LHD 360 Scania was one of the best motors i’ve driven!

Took an empty stepframe flat out to CDG Paris to pick up a scrap 747 engine for them once, got to the booth at Dover, dozy mare at check in;
“What you loaded with driver?”
Looking out the window was obviously too much of an effort.

Hi Propa lorry, Its was your dads firm i was trying to think of, i forgot it was his firm until i talked to trucker ash,doh!Ithink you may remember that ok. Paul.

postman paul:
Hi Propa lorry, Its was your dads firm i was trying to think of, i forgot it was his firm until i talked to trucker ash,doh!Ithink you may remember that ok. Paul.

yes,that was mpa traction,blue,silver n gold 112’s and 113’s,closed in 1990 sadly,my dad is now an owner driver pullin for transmaritime,do you know him?

Derf:

propa lorry:

They had plain white Daf’s when i used to help them out.
Taft International are still going as well, although don’t think they do airfreight anymore. They don’t run left-hookers anymore either. Although not the newest or shinyest motor in and out of Heathrow or Frankfurt, my LHD 360 Scania was one of the best motors i’ve driven!

Took an empty stepframe flat out to CDG Paris to pick up a scrap 747 engine for them once, got to the booth at Dover, dozy mare at check in;
“What you loaded with driver?”
Looking out the window was obviously too much of an effort.

ha ha yes thas about right,dont forget they say that quite a bit during a shift they go in robot mode i spose,anyway i still see taft stuff about,i thought they closed down obviously not,remember em runnin them lhd scanias till a few years back i think,i dunno,time flys.

Whatever happened to Gary Charlwood? And of course the arch-bodger Paul Coomber, many a time I limped one of his wrecks back to the yard so he could patch it up again with a couple of rubber bands and a paper clip.

Great bloke mind, I ran into one of his lads in Morrisons at Wakefield a few years back.

Lonewolf Yorks:
Whatever happened to Gary Charlwood? And of course the arch-bodger Paul Coomber, many a time I limped one of his wrecks back to the yard so he could patch it up again with a couple of rubber bands and a paper clip.

Great bloke mind, I ran into one of his lads in Morrisons at Wakefield a few years back.

charlwood is now mathueews(veurne),white fh’s with green writing,they’re at whitfield port zone now just up from the trukstop,the old place in sandwich is now a housin estate,as for paul coomber,i cant place him.

Paul had a yard next to Stonar lake a few yards up from where Garys yard was which as I recall was somewhere not far from the toll bridge. There was a company called TIRs in the same yard run by a bloke called Colin who was lost at sea on a fishing trip.