Police research into Lay-by parking

dieseldog999:

dieseldave:

dozy:
if coppers are now comming on this board I’m off , I’ve had my fill of them over the years , Don’t trust them one bit :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: goodbye

dozy,

The Police/DVSA/HA all visit TN very regularly.

:bulb: So do some of the higher-ups at Stobart’s. :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
they must weep and cry if they do…
and.
byeby dozy…ta

I have the feeling that they log-in for some entertainment during their tea breaks so I can just imagine them rolling about in hysterics on their brew room floor at dozy’s antics, so they’ll miss him greatly now that he’s gone (again.) :smiley:

dieseldave:

dieseldog999:

dieseldave:

dozy:
if coppers are now comming on this board I’m off , I’ve had my fill of them over the years , Don’t trust them one bit :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: goodbye

dozy,

The Police/DVSA/HA all visit TN very regularly.

:bulb: So do some of the higher-ups at Stobart’s. :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
they must weep and cry if they do…
and.
byeby dozy…ta

I have the feeling that they log-in for some entertainment during their tea breaks so I can just imagine them rolling about in hysterics on their brew room floor at dozy’s antics, so they’ll miss him greatly now that he’s gone (again.) :smiley:

Maybe that explains why he’s always getting pulled :laughing: . No wonder they’re falling about in the Police tea rooms. I can’t imagine DVsA rolling about. I picture stony faces and rich tea biscuits. Not even digestives, a serious business like rich tea :laughing:

truckyboy:
To be fair, this guy came on for a bit of help…that help was to be used against nimbys blocking a parking space for a truck…and use it instead as an advertising playground…so why are some of ya being so negative…as for dozy, and any others who are cry babys just because the police use this site…well try another one then, and my guess is they are on others too…its funny how i have never seen posters…speak about their law breaking or other misdemeaners…so i cant see what the issue is with a police man asking for a bit of help in our interest…they dont make the laws…they only enforce them…just in case you didnt know that ( dozy ).

Seing as were talking Ads I watched a program on the telly last night called Dragons Den…a young entrepreneur came on and had the bright idea of advertising on the side of trailers…the advertiser would buy a space for £ ■■ amount…and the young kid would pocket all the cash…the dragons didnt invest, but said it was a great idea…the issue i had, was there was no mention of the haulier receiving anything, even though the kid said he had thousands interested in his scheme…yeah right !!..i could get in touch, and sell him spaces in laybys…why this time next year Rodney, i could be a millionaire. :smiley: :smiley:

Read through this thread ,Then suddenly as if by magic we have a policeman posting in here .

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=152957&start=60

I suspect the admin team are the trolls keeping the forum busy .

:unamused: :laughing:

If not what do you lot expect allowing all these dodgy fake charactors .

EssexTrafficSgt:
They weren’t taking the hint with a ticket and a letter like the others so i started adding additional tickets until they took then hint and moved it (it seems 7 was the threshold of their stubbornness)

lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Beetlejuice:

truckyboy:
To be fair, this guy came on for a bit of help…that help was to be used against nimbys blocking a parking space for a truck…and use it instead as an advertising playground…so why are some of ya being so negative…as for dozy, and any others who are cry babys just because the police use this site…well try another one then, and my guess is they are on others too…its funny how i have never seen posters…speak about their law breaking or other misdemeaners…so i cant see what the issue is with a police man asking for a bit of help in our interest…they dont make the laws…they only enforce them…just in case you didnt know that ( dozy ).

Seing as were talking Ads I watched a program on the telly last night called Dragons Den…a young entrepreneur came on and had the bright idea of advertising on the side of trailers…the advertiser would buy a space for £ ■■ amount…and the young kid would pocket all the cash…the dragons didnt invest, but said it was a great idea…the issue i had, was there was no mention of the haulier receiving anything, even though the kid said he had thousands interested in his scheme…yeah right !!..i could get in touch, and sell him spaces in laybys…why this time next year Rodney, i could be a millionaire. :smiley: :smiley:

Read through this thread ,Then suddenly as if by magic we have a policeman posting in here .

I guess you missed that it’s a completely different county, but let’s not let that get in the way of a good moan eh?. :unamused:

For the OP.

I can’t help re actual difficulties in that area.

I do recall what it’s like trying to find not only suitable parking, but any parking fit to hold an HGV. Especially around the congested South East. Being regulated by the tacho regs any tramper knows what it’s like to have best laid plans go ■■■■ up. You plan on a decent spot, but hit delay after delay, so you go for plan B - a service area and that’s full. Then you’re down to scouring the full lay bys watching the clock tick. It’s frustrating when they’re full, but generally accepted that cars parked or lorries with curtains drawn are only in the same boat as yourself - motorists needing either a break or parking up.

But spotting a clown who’s dumped his 40 foot unlit property on the lay-by is a special kind of frustrating. You know he’s not left it there out of necessity or being a road user. It’s just selfishness.

One issue is a 40 foot artic trailer does not just wipe out 40 feet of useable space, it effectively wipes out nearer 60 -70 feet. There’s a good 20 feet from the end you can’t access when pulling in front from the highway. So when you look at the mechanics of it, it’s not hard for an abandoned artic trailer to wipe out a third of useable space on one of the smaller lay bys.

We have a similar hot potato on here when it comes to those butty wagons using lay-bys. It’s not uncommon for them to leave out cones overnight and that causes a lot of frustration, but that’s a seperate issue.

I don’t know the regs but I presume the spirit of lay-bys are for road users to park up, rest or find sanctuary if they have broken down. I suspect using it as advertising comes under the same misuse as parking your car on one for a week and jetting off on holiday.

dieseldave:

Beetlejuice:

truckyboy:

I guess you missed that it’s a completely different county, but let’s not let that get in the way of a good moan eh?. :unamused:

Its not exactly the other end of the country is it.
Ive long suspected that you admins are playing around :unamused:
And im not moaning it is hilarious :laughing:

Confidence would increase manyfold - if we start to hear of brudders caught in the act with a van & stirrup pump being busted, and taken away in due course, the trucker being allowed to sleep on, and unmolested.

For the time being, an open mind and “We’ll see” is the case for any appearance of Police in Laybys, however.

In France, the danger of Laybys is such that a Old West’s camp for cowbows eating beans comes to mind. You don’t just “walk into a man’s camp” without great care taken indeed.
The law is what those with the arms and the will to harm or defend themselves - make it. :bulb:

Beetlejuice:

Sincerely hope not. If that were true then the joke long since left and flew out the window. Would be funny 5 odd years ago. They’d be effectively destroying the forum. The place is a rampant troll nest. Everyone is throughly wracked off by it and reputations do travel in Internet world. Hard to see what they’d be achieving

Freight Dog:

Beetlejuice:

Sincerely hope not. If that were true then the joke long since left and flew out the window. Would be funny 5 odd years ago. They’d be effectively destroying the forum. The place is a rampant troll nest. Everyone is throughly wracked off by it and reputations do travel in Internet world. Hard to see what they’d be achieving

Advertising costs money.no members no sponsors.

Alibongoooo:
Ello ello ello, what’s going on 'ere then? Surely officer you’re not promoting the use of lay-by’s for drivers 45 hr weekly rests? :astonished:

Bingo, there’s the money shot right there :laughing:

Beetlejuice:

That’s got nothing to do with the price of fish, it’s a different county whether or not it’s next door or at the other end of the country.
Also, the premise of the two different OPs is… different.

Beetlejuice:

Speaking from a personal viewpoint, I wish I had the spare time needed for such activity, but if I did, I’d use it more profitably. :smiley:

Freight Dog:

Agreed FD. On several levels, that would be short-sighted and very counter-productive indeed.

dieseldave:

Beetlejuice:

That’s got nothing to do with the price of fish, it’s a different county whether or not it’s next door or at the other end of the country.
Also, the premise of the two different OPs is… different.

Beetlejuice:

Speaking from a personal viewpoint, I wish I had the spare time needed for such activity, but if I did, I’d use it more profitably. :smiley:

You are missing the point dave .I said we would probably get a fake MP.
We got a policeman instead …

Hilarious .

IF the aforementioned Sgt is genuine (and we are assured by the Modsters that he is bone fide) we should be grateful to him for showing an interest in our work and problems.

I do know that there is one or two plod or ex-plod on here already.

Folks have every right to be wary especially with the likes of Dr Dream-on (about as interesting as listening to a dialling tone and as about as informative) and the other assorted trolls just recently.

I actually agree with Dozy.

Can’t stand the filth. Wouldn’t ■■■■ on one if they were on fire.

drover:

Alibongoooo:
Ello ello ello, what’s going on 'ere then? Surely officer you’re not promoting the use of lay-by’s for drivers 45 hr weekly rests? :astonished:

Bingo, there’s the money shot right there :laughing:

Didn’t the op just mention 45’s? As in a 45 min break?

Anyhow, parking along the A13 outside the M25 is an absolute mare. Not only have the lay-bys been closed, but then the powers that be close/sell/return* (delete as applicable) the truck parking area at Ldn Gateway. If you’re not down there early to claim a road side spot then you are out of luck. Even then, the amount of seals getting cut if bixes is getting ridiculous.

Parking in a lay-by for me is an absolute last resort, but an option I would like to have if needed.

eagerbeaver:
I actually agree with Dozy.

Can’t stand the filth. Wouldn’t ■■■■ on one if they were on fire.

Glad I’m sitting down, I also agree with him.

Time for a stiff drink…

A.

dieseldave:

truckyboy:

Thanks truckyboy, I agree completely, it needed saying and it has saved me from some typing. :smiley:

+me

xichrisxi:

Arthurhucksake:
I went over my driving hours recently, the lay-by I wanted to get into (on the A14) had a load theft hotspot trailer sat in it!

That won’t wash with the DVSA,you had 10 hours to find a suitable place to park.

Don’t think my boss would be too happy if I spent 10 hours finding somewhere suitable to park :laughing: :laughing: