Police research into Lay-by parking

dieseldave:

Freight Dog:

ROG:
Welcome EssexTrafficSgt :smiley:

I expect you are likely to get many questions on other issues :exclamation:

Rog, just an idea, to save this being a troll suspicion thread is there anyway of ratifying this is genuine by messaging him for kind verification? A visitor doesn’t know this place has become a troll nest recently…

A fair concern and for the very reason you gave FD, so let’s just say that a work’s email address was used. :wink:

So you are saying that a genuine policeman has registered here, and used the writing style he has, to ask us if advertising trailers parked in laybys are inconveniencing us?

Well, it makes a change from dozy telling us how his planner has dry rimmed him today…

the nodding donkey:

dieseldave:

Freight Dog:

ROG:

Rog, just an idea, to save this being a troll suspicion thread is there anyway of ratifying this is genuine by messaging him for kind verification? A visitor doesn’t know this place has become a troll nest recently…

A fair concern and for the very reason you gave FD, so let’s just say that a work’s email address was used. :wink:

So you are saying that a genuine policeman has registered here, and used the writing style he has, to ask us if advertising trailers parked in laybys are inconveniencing us?

Well, it makes a change from dozy telling us how his planner has dry rimmed him today…

Well if the people running the boards point the poster is genuine at some point troll suspisions have to be dropped . Otherwise if you’re wrong, there’ll be a lot of borderline rude and disrespectful replies to a genuine member of the Police Force. And that’ll make everyone look like arses and just reinforce any negative images of the job.

And if there’s two finger on pulse topics on here regularly, it’s the way drivers are perceived and the lack of parking.

So by us showing some faith and old fashioned manners, a little inroads into two birds with one stone can be achieved. Just a thought :smiley:

^^^^ +1.

You would be surprised how involved the. Police and enforcement agencies use social media. Who needs identity cards when we have Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

if i was you id collar the bloke whose playing at being difficult. a night or 3 in the cells with no grub should be enough to make him realize hes onto a loser

Wheel Nut:
You would be surprised how involved the. Police and enforcement agencies use social media. Who needs identity cards when we have Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Indeed, they’re far more interested in arresting people for writing nasty pixels than actually doing any sort of real policing.

A.

if coppers are now comming on this board I’m off , I’ve had my fill of them over the years , Don’t trust them one bit :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: goodbye

Freight Dog:
So by us showing some faith and old fashioned manners, a little inroads into two birds with one stone can be achieved. Just a thought :smiley:

100% this.

If in doubt I fall back on manners, respect and forum etiquette to demonstrate not only professionalism but also that not all drivers are non PC knuckle draggers looking for a cheap laugh.

Two birds-one stone, reminds me of the time I dated anorexic twins.

dozy:
if coppers are now comming on this board I’m off , I’ve had my fill of them over the years , Don’t trust them one bit :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: goodbye

The problem with making threats is that once it has been proven that the person making them has no intention of acting on them then they merely end up looking foolish.

dieseldave:

Freight Dog:

ROG:

^^^^^^^^
i think your taking the mickey saying that.
n doubt itl be true if you say it is,but youve avoided the issue of it being a plod type bona fide work ip or a stobart type in which case its just another ukdamon alias to troll?

EssexTrafficSgt:
I am a Road Policing Sgt with Essex Police, working primarily in the South of the county around the M25 borders. I am currently dealing with an increasing issue of large mobile billboard trailers parking in Laybys and in doing so blocking potential spaces for yourselves and other road users. I am often finding that when left unchecked, other companies will think to themselves ‘i’ll have some of that’ and we get 2-3 in the same stretch to take advantage of the key commuter exposure.

I have been issuing tickets for unnecessary obstruction with an accompanying letter explaining that the local highways dept install and maintain the laybys for road users to take rest and refuge, not for them to park for a week or more for commercial gain and generally this has worked, however one particular company is being resistant to the ‘ticketfest’ i have been having with their vehicles and even contacted me to state they don’t feel HGVs should be sleeping over night in the laybys (yes, i know!!) but there is nothing preventing them parking there so they will continue.

In order to support a potential court case against them i am trying to show the effect - i have contacted the RHA who have provided support and some information about the lack of overnight parking capacity in the South East however it would be really useful to hear from any of you who may have had trouble finding space for your daily rest (or even your 45s) because of these advertising vehicles blocking space - i would be especially interested in issues around the M25 ends of the A12 and A127 but generic examples are also fine. I don’t need personal details - a post here is fine.

Thank you in advance…

Either they’re breaking the law or they aren’t. If they’re breaking the law, use the courts to enforce it. If they’re not, then unless you can get local by laws in place, there’s not a lot you can do, however annoying we might find it.

Maybe im a miserable old cynic but that original post does not come across as written by a police officer.
Sounds more like a nimby whos stuck a few stickers up and has been ignored

At least there’s one positive from this…
Dozy has ■■■■■■ off! :wink: :grimacing:

Ello ello ello, what’s going on 'ere then? Surely officer you’re not promoting the use of lay-by’s for drivers 45 hr weekly rests? :astonished:

dieseldog999:

dieseldave:

Freight Dog:

ROG:

^^^^^^^^
i think your taking the mickey saying that.
n doubt itl be true if you say it is,but youve avoided the issue of it being a plod type bona fide work ip or a stobart type in which case its just another ukdamon alias to troll?

Sorry for the lack of clarity, so let’s just recap a bit, firstly…

EssexTrafficSgt:
I am a Road Policing Sgt with Essex Police…

After that came this:

Then I:
… let’s just say that a work’s email address was used. :wink:

Due to recent events, I completely understand that the tiresome trolls have left a nasty taste around the forums, but I did check with TN’s back-room staff who’d approved the new member. :wink:

The Sarge:
At least there’s one positive from this…
Dozy has ■■■■■■ off (again)! :wink: :grimacing:

FTFY! :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

dozy:

dozy,

The Police/DVSA/HA all visit TN very regularly.

:bulb: So do some of the higher-ups at Stobart’s. :wink:

To be fair, this guy came on for a bit of help…that help was to be used against nimbys blocking a parking space for a truck…and use it instead as an advertising playground…so why are some of ya being so negative…as for dozy, and any others who are cry babys just because the police use this site…well try another one then, and my guess is they are on others too…its funny how i have never seen posters…speak about their law breaking or other misdemeaners…so i cant see what the issue is with a police man asking for a bit of help in our interest…they dont make the laws…they only enforce them…just in case you didnt know that ( dozy ).

Seing as were talking Ads I watched a program on the telly last night called Dragons Den…a young entrepreneur came on and had the bright idea of advertising on the side of trailers…the advertiser would buy a space for £ ■■ amount…and the young kid would pocket all the cash…the dragons didnt invest, but said it was a great idea…the issue i had, was there was no mention of the haulier receiving anything, even though the kid said he had thousands interested in his scheme…yeah right !!..i could get in touch, and sell him spaces in laybys…why this time next year Rodney, i could be a millionaire. :smiley: :smiley:

truckyboy:
To be fair, this guy came on for a bit of help…that help was to be used against nimbys blocking a parking space for a truck…and use it instead as an advertising playground…so why are some of ya being so negative…as for dozy, and any others who are cry babys just because the police use this site…well try another one then, and my guess is they are on others too…its funny how i have never seen posters…speak about their law breaking or other misdemeaners…so i cant see what the issue is with a police man asking for a bit of help in our interest…they dont make the laws…they only enforce them…just in case you didnt know that ( dozy ).

Thanks truckyboy, I agree completely, it needed saying and it has saved me from some typing. :smiley:

dieseldave:

dozy:

dozy,

The Police/DVSA/HA all visit TN very regularly.

:bulb: So do some of the higher-ups at Stobart’s. :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
they must weep and cry if they do…
and.
byeby dozy…ta