Pointers of Oxford

Any of you lads out there able to post a picture of ‘Pointers’ I remember them from the 60’s when they did all the concrete beams and had a very nice looking fleet cream coloured Fodens? with a pointer dog on the cab door, :wink:

think you might be getting 2 different firms mixed up taskman? pointers were from norwich and did some big stuff out of anglian concrete but only had 1 heavy motor (a scammell junior constructor MVG814) until they bought hamblins from leicester - pointers were taken over by RMC and disappeared

ameys of oxford did lots of their own big beams, not sure what colour they were but also “disappeared” as such into ARC (Amey Roadstone Company)

Pointers also had tankers and flats and went to ARC in 1969. They also had a 240 ton Scammell which I believe they had from new which later went to Kaye Goodfellow of Manchester before being sold onto Saudi. I think ARC also owned Greenwoods of Hoddesdon who had white Fodens. ARC may in turn have been owned by Consolidated Goldfields Group.

Anyone know what happened to Bennnetts from Thame?

Boden,
we did alot of work for Kaye Goodfellow infact the guy that I mated for went to work for Sandy Goodfellow weighing the jobs up. :slight_smile:

Taskman:
the guy that I mated for

Phew! I’m so glad that you said ‘for’ and not ‘with’ :open_mouth: .
Thought for a second I was going to have to make my first moderating decision, just when I was beginning to sit back and enjoy all you well behaved ‘Oldies’. :unamused:

Yes, I remember Pointers, the yellow livery and the dog, but only ever remember Park Royal Mandators, nothing else :confused: :blush: .

Salut, David.

Id be interested to see a photo of the pointers livery, sounds good looking.