Pictures of your truck.

eagerbeaver:
New BEAVERMOBILE :grimacing:

I didn’t know you were on the bins beaver?

James the cat:

eagerbeaver:
New BEAVERMOBILE :grimacing:

I didn’t know you were on the bins beaver?

A man of your calibre should be above such childish comments Jim.

You big stinky ■■■ face :grimacing:

Not the usual load of recycling for export today

The-Snowman:

Is that a temporary ride Snowy, or are you on for them now?

the maoster:

The-Snowman:

Is that a temporary ride Snowy, or are you on for them now?

With them via agency through my own limited company. Different unit each day unfortunately.
Shame really as those Actros are dead comfy to drive imo

My usual shed, if you see this roaming around Oxfordshire or Surrey chances are it’s me. Please smile and shake your head in disbelief :smiley:

My old truck from Aspray BD58 LLT, only had 100 miles on clock when i 1st got her

Here’s my new one, picked it up yesterday, it’s what is known as a glider kit. Basically a brand new cab, chassis, rear axles with an older engine and gearbox. Although this is a custom built glider with a remanufactured engine and gearbox.

The engine is a CAT C15 6NZ with 550hp, it’s pre emissions, so no EGR, DPF or SCR and that is the main reason for buying it, the emission engines are ok for the first few years, but then they start playing up and they’re a fortune to repair and that’s if you’re lucky enough that they can find what’s causing the problem in the first place.

I got sick of being forced into buying a new lorry every three years, so I got one built to my dream specs, the plan is to keep it forever, I should get 1.2million miles out of it before it needs a rebuild and then it should see me through to retirement, if I manage to last that long myself!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last week before I headed to France

newmercman:
Here’s my new one, picked it up yesterday, it’s what is known as a glider kit. Basically a brand new cab, chassis, rear axles with an older engine and gearbox. Although this is a custom built glider with a remanufactured engine and gearbox.

The engine is a CAT C15 6NZ with 550hp, it’s pre emissions, so no EGR, DPF or SCR and that is the main reason for buying it, the emission engines are ok for the first few years, but then they start playing up and they’re a fortune to repair and that’s if you’re lucky enough that they can find what’s causing the problem in the first place.

I got sick of being forced into buying a new lorry every three years, so I got one built to my dream specs, the plan is to keep it forever, I should get 1.2million miles out of it before it needs a rebuild and then it should see me through to retirement, if I manage to last that long myself!

Very nice - and all makes perfect sense to me - the new engines are nothing but trouble

Aurri:
My usual shed, if you see this roaming around Oxfordshire or Surrey chances are it’s me. Please smile and shake your head in disbelief :smiley:

No shame in that pal- if you are prepared to get up in the morning, drive and earn a crust - good on you. I have driven a lot worse in my time :smiley:

This is my current little truck until I take my class 1 in a month or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newmercman:

is that a near replica of the truck you drove for when you did the states ?

It’s pretty much the same, but with a slightly revised interior. That one went to 1.2million before it started playing up and most of the problems I had with it were preventable with a more thorough maintenance regime.

Toddy2:

newmercman:

Very nice - and all makes perfect sense to me - the new engines are nothing but trouble

Thats the idea!

before for 6yrs ,now :blush: same wagon with new body on seal coating .

One of the newer trucks in the fleet, had to put bridge on roof so I could see out the mirrors when driving on the road.
It’s bit strange to drive at first, as it’s a half cab and a left hand drive.

I bet those mirrors shake a bit

My new steed.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk